Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Quicksilver vs Jay Garrick

Quicksilver vs Elder Jay Garrick pre flashpoint
    Does he win or does Garrick steal his speed?

Quicksilver is Multi-Mach Speed (MMS). Even Old-Man Jay is Vaguely Near Lightspeed (VNL).

VNL >> MMS

That’s maths. With an ‘s’ at the end.

BANNED

The old man cannot sustain the speed and tires easily slowing down. That's old age which leads to bed wetting and stating obvious things.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    The old man cannot sustain the speed and tires easily slowing down. That's old age which leads to bed wetting and stating obvious things.
    Doesn't need to sustain it: Garrick is a guy who can move orders of magnitude faster than Quicksilver, even if only for a little while, and can hit hard enough to make class 100 bricks feel it (something Quicksilver really cannot do and DEFINITELY cannot soak or tank).

It would be a closer, but still one-sided match against, say, Fox Quicksilver, who is far far faster than 616 Quicksilver. Same outcome, but Fox Quicky could maybe move a few feet before having his head knocked off.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Did Quicksilver get a downgrade? I vaguely recall him having feats of outrunning radiowaves and circling the globe and suchlike.

I'll freely admit I am not up to date but I thought he was pushing into low level Flash territory in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Did Quicksilver get a downgrade? I vaguely recall him having feats of outrunning radiowaves and circling the globe and suchlike.

I'll freely admit I am not up to date but I thought he was pushing into low level Flash territory in recent years.
    I suspect that was some weirdass SMvFL nonsense.

The stupid thing is, despite the hype, he’s neither the fastest Avenger (Monica kicks his ass) or the fastest mutant (Northstar is also faster).

I’m not even sure if he’s the fastest runner on Marvel 616 Earth, because people like Speed Demon have fluctuated WILDLY.

He just has good PR.

But I guess when your sister can rearrange people’s realities if they’re rude to you, you probably would tend to get some good publicity.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He circles the globe from time to time but it's usually done in some multitude of seconds, not fractions of seconds.

He OD'd on terrigen at some point and could manipulate time through speed, but that was a power up that didn't last forever.

He's been trivially speed-shamed by Kid Gladiator.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He OD'd on terrigen at some point and could manipulate time through speed, but that was a power up that didn't last forever.
    He had another temporary power-up in a prior solo series when the High Evolutionary exposed him to something-something in Mount Wundagore.

Again, it didn’t stick.

Thanks for the clarifications lads. ^_^

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I had the impression Quicksilver was soft powered up by Marvel and was wracking up Jay level feats. Does anyone know if that stuck?

Jay should still win, as I don't think Quicksilver has his striking power, speed stealing, or vibration phasing tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

The stupid thing is, despite the hype, he’s neither the fastest Avenger (Monica kicks his ass) or the fastest mutant (Northstar is also faster).

I’m not even sure if he’s the fastest runner on Marvel 616 Earth, because people like Speed Demon have fluctuated WILDLY.

He just has good PR.

But I guess when your sister can rearrange people’s realities if they’re rude to you, you probably would tend to get some good publicity.
    Speed Demon has not been even marginally close to Quicksilver speed since the 1980's. (Unless SD got some increase I am unaware.)

He had another temporary power-up in a prior solo series when the High Evolutionary exposed him to something-something in Mount Wundagore.

Again, it didn’t stick.
    Yeah, that would be "Isotope E". But I thought that did stick and from there, Quicksilver continued to slowly increase in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I had the impression Quicksilver was soft powered up by Marvel and was wracking up Jay level feats. Does anyone know if that stuck?

Jay should still win, as I don't think Quicksilver has his striking power, speed stealing, or vibration phasing tricks.
    Quicksilver can and has vibrated but not to any great degree. Writers never focused on it.

Overall, Jay wins easily.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

He just has good PR.

side note: QS isn't a mutant. him and wanda are classified as "mutates". it's part of the reason why they aren't on krakoa like all the other big name mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    side note: QS isn't a mutant. him and wanda are classified as "mutates". it's part of the reason why they aren't on krakoa like all the other big name mutants.
    Wait, for real?

Again, I've not read any of the Maximoffs in a long time, but I didn't know this either.

Are their powers not from the X gene like other mutants?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Wait, for real?

Again, I've not read any of the Maximoffs in a long time, but I didn't know this either.

Are their powers not from the X gene like other mutants?
    I think it was part of the retcon that negated Magneto being their father. Back when the X-Men were still owned by Fox.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I think it was part of the retcon that negated Magneto being their father. Back when the X-Men were still owned by Fox.
    Wait, he's not Dadneto anymore?

I... vaguely recall hearing that... their mother got retconned, I didn't know Mags got retconned as well.

Boy, what an educational thread this has been for me.