Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 51 Discussion SPOILERS

Okay another great, scary chapter. I think a lot of people are going to be over the moon at what is being teased here in the scenes with Dr Strange.

Yeah, there are some very overt teases going on here. Spencer hasn't been subtle this run, but I definitely think he is playing his hand here.

This issue was a quick read; very good, but quick. I'm enjoying where the story continues to go. Always love Peter getting with Dr. Strange to talk shop. The art was still great, and I love the speech Peter gave about his responsibility and all that. It gives me joy that Spencer understands both the humor and the heroism of the character.

spoilers:
    "And yes, Peter. The answer is yes." WHAT?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also, Peter, you should know not to mess with magic! Especially after that callback to ASM (vol. 2) #42! But I'm glad he didn't take Strange's ominous musings at face value.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

“The answer is yes”
    Pretty sure that’s what MJ said in OMD, too.

Damn I haven’t been able to get the issue and won’t be able to nab it until tomorrow most likely.

I’m hoping for some more OMD references....Please tell me that’s what’s being teased here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Damn I haven’t been able to get the issue and won’t be able to nab it until tomorrow most likely.

I’m hoping for some more OMD references....Please tell me that’s what’s being teased here lol.
    yes strange was about to ask a question but disregard it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Another terrific issue.

Astonishing Member

Great issue, I honestly think they gonna finally address OMD, now whether the marriage comes back, thats another thing. lets see what Spencer does, its feels great we are getting this story content in a week by week basis. next week is 51.lr. and oh man, the week after, 52 and 52.lr same day. next week 53. so on

Is it premature to say that this is the best this series has been since JMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Great issue, I honestly think they gonna finally address OMD, now whether the marriage comes back, thats another thing. lets see what Spencer does, its feels great we are getting this story content in a week by week basis. next week is 51.lr. and oh man, the week after, 52 and 52.lr same day. next week 53. so on
    I agree; I doubt Spencer would be so clear about something going on with OMD just to tease the readers. I don't know if the marriage will come back to continuity or just the memory of it to Peter and MJ, but it will be adressed one way or the other. I think Peter's sin is the deal with Mephisto and that it affected the late Harry in a way that brought him back to life as Kindred, though maybe he was already a demon before, since he resurrected Mysterio, and that was before OMD. I don't know exactly what is to come, but I like Spencer ability to play with so many different takes on the character
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    i have no idea since i never read his full run except for sins past
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Probably...

I liked Dan Slott as a Spider-Man writer, he did some great stories, and some poor ones, I think Spencer is the same, but I'm having a great time with Spencer lately. I had some problems with certain storylines, but I'm glad we are finally seeing what's the whole deal with Kindred. I think the series has been in a good place since JMS, sadly it has been for years under the shadow of OMD
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Probably...
    I'm actually surprised, Jack! I thought you didn't like Slott? (I'm not being snarky, I was legitimately surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I liked Dan Slott as a Spider-Man writer, he did some great stories, and some poor ones, I think Spencer is the same, but I'm having a great time with Spencer lately. I had some problems with certain storylines, but I'm glad we are finally seeing what's the whole deal with Kindred. I think the series has been in a good place since JMS, sadly it has been for years under the shadow of OMD
    I really enjoyed Slott up until ASM vol. 3, and after that was wishing for another writer. But he did give us "Go Down Swinging", which I really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i have no idea since i never read his full run except for sins past
    Oh, Jman, you gotta read more of it, especially the earlier parts. It's so good, not to derail the thread.

I'm actually surprised, Jack! I thought you didn't like Slott? (I'm not being snarky, I was legitimately surprised)

I really enjoyed Slott up until ASM vol. 3, and after that was wishing for another writer. But he did give us "Go Down Swinging", which I really liked.

Oh, Jman, you gotta read more of it, especially the earlier parts. It's so good, not to derail the thread.
    I haven’t read Slott in its entirety though, probably never will. Personally, I didn’t like the storylines he did after Superior Spider-Man ended (at least the ones I read), except with Spider-Verse that I thought was bonkers in a good way and Go Down Swinging, that I thoroughly enjoyed except for that weird twist with Harry’s mother