Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hah, I knew the plot would find some way to kick out Strange from the plot to stop him from just solving the whole thing lol.

Wonder if Kindred somehow knew Peter would use the Hand of Vishanti, 'cause he never even alluded where Peter has to go to, but had a trap setup there.

Kindred using Julia to keep track of Peter is smart, way smarter than how Julia uses her power .

Kinda asspull that just recording an incantation is enough to be able to use it, where did the magic to use it came from? Lol

That "arrangement" Strange alludes to is probably OMD, had to be something serioues for him to decide to try to solve the whole thing without Spidey after he said he was gonna help, but we'll see.

Guess that the sin Peter forgot might be OMD, weird Harry cared that much about it, then again, MJ did tell Mephisto something... Plus, y'know, still worth considering that Mysterio was resurrected before OMD, so whatever it was, Harry was butthurt over whatever Peter did before that too...

Fun issue, but too short unfortunately, ended when things were getting pretty interesting.

Fantastic Member

Alrighty, who can identify all the guests at the table?

Kindred has been inside Parker's own astral plane this entire time, even though we know it's Harry, that wouldve really steered me into being 100% convinced it was Parker himself who was Kindred. Explains how he was able to monitor all the Spider people in #25. Suppose the big question is how Kindred ended up there? Was it directly from OMD? How would Harry know how to get there?

Seems like Strange hit the ole OMD barricade there too, red mystical energy seems on brand for Mephisto.

Also, foreboding Morlun tease in the corner of the dreamscape, buckle down for the Spidverse 3 in the next few years.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 10-28-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Is it premature to say that this is the best this series has been since JMS?
    Hmmm I don’t really think that’s a stretch. I personally never cared for Slott and his work. I stuck around for the start of the ride and jumped off a bit after. I never liked his “voice” for Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Granted Spencer is in the middle of what I believe to be his “make or break” story so there is still room for him to “mess” this up. However currently I’m anxiously awaiting every next issue of ASM and on the edge of my seat page after page. That’s something I haven’t felt for ASM in a very long time now.

BANNED

I'm actually surprised, Jack! I thought you didn't like Slott? (I'm not being snarky, I was legitimately surprised)
    Well Zdarsky wrote Spectacular and that was pretty fun. And then alongside JMS, you had Jenkins on Spectacukar, Millar on MK:SM, Fraction's Annual, PAD's FNSM. It was a good period of Spider-Man on the whole.

My point is that it's still early in the day to decide where Spencer fits in the pantheon roll call. Give him time.

I prefer his run over Slott certainly but being better than Slott is a low bar all said and done.

Astonishing Member

Is it premature to say that this is the best this series has been since JMS?
    Doesn’t that assume that JMS was a good series?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well Zdarsky wrote Spectacular and that was pretty fun. And then alongside JMS, you had Jenkins on Spectacukar, Millar on MK:SM, Fraction's Annual, PAD's FNSM. It was a good period of Spider-Man on the whole.

My point is that it's still early in the day to decide where Spencer fits in the pantheon roll call. Give him time.

I prefer his run over Slott certainly but being better than Slott is a low bar all said and done.
    I guess I meant just ASM, because yeah, the period you describe was one of the best for the Web-Head.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    In my opinion, yes. But that's not everyone's favorite run, I know.

Incredible Member

In my opinion, yes. But that's not everyone's favorite run, I know.
    The first half was good. When JRJR left, the tone changed and the stories just didn’t seem to click.

Edited to fix error
    Last edited by xpyred; 10-28-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    The first half was good. When JMS left, the tone changed and the stories just didn’t seem to click.
    I think that you mean when JRjr left.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Good issue, but damn way too short.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that you mean when JRjr left.
    Thank you for that. Edited the post to correct the mistake

Man, was this issue really good. I loved the cover, loved unintentional Spidey jokes about Dr. Strange face... even Peter's reaction to Kindred, when Cindy turned into a monster.

I still feel, that Marvel is just teasing us with OMD, but let's entertain the idea, that this in fact is connected to OMD.
    What if MJ said to Mephisto some additional things, when she whispered to his ear? Maybe something about Harry's ressurection? Like "He needs a friend, make sure that You bring back Harry Osborn to life". Maybe that's why Kindred feels that she is compassionate towards others, but hates Peter, because he was brouht back as Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

JMS had some good themes in his run and some terrible ones. The voice and characterization he gave Peter, MJ and Aunt May was spot on. You could make a legit case that he wrote the best interpretation of the marriage that’s been done. He made a huge mistake with the totem/mystical angle that he injected into the series and he unfortunately will always have his name attached to OMD. That being said, he still had an enjoyable run even if it had some terrible ideas sprinkled in.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    JMS had some good themes in his run and some terrible ones. The voice and characterization he gave Peter, MJ and Aunt May was spot on. You could make a legit case that he wrote the best interpretation of the marriage that’s been done. He made a huge mistake with the totem/mystical angle that he injected into the series and he unfortunately will always have his name attached to OMD. That being said, he still had an enjoyable run even if it had some terrible ideas sprinkled in.
    I agree with everything, besides the totem stuff. It was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Man, was this issue really good. I loved the cover, loved unintentional Spidey jokes about Dr. Strange face... even Peter's reaction to Kindred, when Cindy turned into a monster.

I still feel, that Marvel is just teasing us with OMD, but let's entertain the idea, that this in fact is connected to OMD.
    What if MJ said to Mephisto some additional things, when she whispered to his ear? Maybe something about Harry's ressurection? Like "He needs a friend, make sure that You bring back Harry Osborn to life". Maybe that's why Kindred feels that she is compassionate towards others, but hates Peter, because he was brouht back as Kindred.
    Given how clearly they invoke the imagery of OMD and the JMS run as a whole, what makes you think they're just teasing the audience? Why would they touch that third rail unless they're actually addressing it?