Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    “The answer is yes”
    Pretty sure that’s what MJ said in OMD, too.
    Decided to check it out, and she did:

(ASM#545)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Given how clearly they invoke the imagery of OMD and the JMS run as a whole, what makes you think they're just teasing the audience? Why would they touch that third rail unless they're actually addressing it?
    Marvel can do some rather dumb baits lol.

Part of me expects this might not talk about OMD at all, just in case.

Incredible Member

Acknowledging OMD would mean they would have to find a way to acknowledge OMIT and strike that from the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Decided to check it out, and she did:

(ASM#545)

Marvel can do some rather dumb baits lol.

Part of me expects this might not talk about OMD at all, just in case.
    I’m all in right now. I’m getting my hopes up and laying all my chips on the table. I firmly believe that this is OMD/MJ/Marriage related with no back up possibility. If Marvel is just teasing then damn that’s going to suck ,

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

There’s no way this ISN'T going to come back to OMD. Harry being back was one of the big revelations of OMDs ending.
    Peter is definitely going to be facing the consequences of what he did.

Incredible Member

There’s no way this ISN'T going to come back to OMD. Harry being back was one of the big revelations of OMDs ending.
    But MJ was the one who said yes to Mephisto. What exactly did Peter do? It’s been a while since I’ve looked at OMD. I avoid that and OMIT entirely during rereads

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    But MJ was the one who said yes to Mephisto. What exactly did Peter do? It’s been a while since I’ve looked at OMD. I avoid that and OMIT entirely during rereads
    I made the mistake of rereading OMD when the Kindred suspicions started. Big mistake. It’s worst the second time around and hasn’t gotten better with time in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m all in right now. I’m getting my hopes up and laying all my chips on the table. I firmly believe that this is OMD/MJ/Marriage related with no back up possibility. If Marvel is just teasing then damn that’s going to suck ,
    At this point I basically don't trust Marvel at all and expect other possibilities because of that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    They both accepted it, Mephisto even specifically points out that it has to be both:

Worth pointing out that earlier MJ was talking about letting May die and not make the deal, and she accepted the deal afterwards because how much aunt May's death would hurt Peter, and she believed nothing would get in the way between her and Peter, which is why she was convincing Peter to do it.

If this story will mention OMD, wonder if they'll clear up what the hell MJ said to Mephisto.

I made the mistake of rereading OMD when the Kindred suspicions started. Big mistake. It’s worst the second time around and hasn’t gotten better with time in the slightest.
    OMD ages like milk, yeah.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-28-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Fantastic Member

I think there has been too much time to have passed to "undo" OMD. The more likely thing is "overcoming" OMD.

Kindred might be Harry, but I think his character is a recuperation of OMD moreso than Harry himself, just personified in the resentful and vengeful nature of Harey's dark side, which we never saw in Slott era stuff. This issue just elaborates that further with explict ties to OMD.

And I dont think Parker did anything to trigger Kindred to appear, even getting back together with MJ, I think it was always Mephisto's plan to have a constant spiral of suffering in Parker's life after making a deal with a devil. Much like with Kindred and Sin-Eater last issue, demons are not exactly trustful people to hold up on their end of a bargain, conceding to what they want is just a slippery slope down to hell.

Because Marvel was already teasing us and usually making fun of the fans who criticized OMD.

I agree with what Lukemendes wrote. Part of me just doesn't believe in OMD's undoing because I don't want to be disappointed again.

...but if there is something to all these "signs", then good. I want that deal to be acknowledged, and a story about redemption. Maybe Nick Spencer is the one writer who can pull that off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I agree; I doubt Spencer would be so clear about something going on with OMD just to tease the readers. I don't know if the marriage will come back to continuity or just the memory of it to Peter and MJ, but it will be adressed one way or the other. I think Peter's sin is the deal with Mephisto and that it affected the late Harry in a way that brought him back to life as Kindred, though maybe he was already a demon before, since he resurrected Mysterio, and that was before OMD. I don't know exactly what is to come, but I like Spencer ability to play with so many different takes on the character
    I feel this is a trick. There will be a swerve and this story won’t have anything to do with omd. The story is going to do a bait and switch I can feel it and the more they push omd the less I believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Because Marvel was already teasing us and usually making fun of the fans who criticized OMD.

I agree with what Lukemendes wrote. Part of me just doesn't believe in OMD's undoing because I don't want to be disappointed again.

...but if there is something to all these "signs", then good. I want that deal to be acknowledged, and a story about redemption. Maybe Nick Spencer is the one writer who can pull that off
    I do understand that by becoming invested in this and assuming what will happen...there’s always the chance of a severe letdown. I mean it’s marvel after all. They are well versed in the art of letting down fans and stringing us along at times. Can’t help but get excited about all this though. I’m a die hard Peter/MJ married and together kind of fanboy unapologetically. Lol.

This Redemption angle would be amazing where Peter and MJ win over Mephisto in the end would be such an emotional rollercoaster. It would also be such a fantastic pay off for the fans that stuck around after that OMD and beyond.

Also what would be the point of have Peter show that he has a ring and has intentions of proposing? Marvel is cruel but come on now....That would just be pushing it. Spencer doesn’t seem like the type to tug at everyone’s heart strings like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I think there has been too much time to have passed to "undo" OMD. The more likely thing is "overcoming" OMD.
    Yeah, honestly, undoing OMD is too, simple, take that out and pretend that Peter and MJ can get back together like nothing happened before, overcoming it would have better story potential.

Kindred might be Harry, but I think his character is a recuperation of OMD moreso than Harry himself, just personified in the resentful and vengeful nature of Harey's dark side, which we never saw in Slott era stuff. This issue just elaborates that further with explict ties to OMD.

And I dont think Parker did anything to trigger Kindred to appear, even getting back together with MJ, I think it was always Mephisto's plan to have a constant spiral of suffering in Parker's life after making a deal with a devil. Much like with Kindred and Sin-Eater last issue, demons are not exactly trustful people to hold up on their end of a bargain, conceding to what they want is just a slippery slope down to hell.
    I don't think Kindred being something like that would work that well, specially considering we had Mysterio saying that Kindred was once a man who became a demon, ASM#50LR also has Kafka talking about finding an intermediary for Norman and Harry to talk to each other, suddenly changing that would be dumb, and make Norman's point of view in #50LR really pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Or Slott's constant baits with MJ lol.

I agree with what Lukemendes wrote.
    It's Lukmendes, no "e" in front of the "k".

Why's that such a constant typo? .

Part of me just doesn't believe in OMD's undoing because I don't want to be disappointed again.

Honestly, if this story ends up talking about OMD, then we need more MJ for it, while she's back in New York, seems like the focus is for her to be an intermediary for Norman and Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I feel this is a trick. There will be a swerve and this story won’t have anything to do with omd. The story is going to do a bait and switch I can feel it and the more they push omd the less I believe it
    I know the feel, it's looking too obvious, this might be like Absolute Carnage's tie-in, where Kindred being Harry looked too obvious, and turns out Kindred is Harry, so maybe this is about OMD, but I'm having my doubts it'll be talked about at all.

Also what would be the point of have Peter show that he has a ring and has intentions of proposing? Marvel is cruel but come on now....That would just be pushing it. Spencer doesn’t seem like the type to tug at everyone’s heart strings like that.
    We're talking about the same guy who made Secret Empire, Spencer is in no way a saint when it comes to dealing with characters.

Spectacular Member

This storyline is very good and it's obvious they are pointing directly to that trash-can OMD, but I don't think it will be "undone". Surely Peter and MJ will remember it and they'll have to face the consequences (other people will turn on them after discovering it?), but the marriage won't come back in my opinion. The last scene is very disturbing (apart from Gwen and George, who the hell are the other people? Uncle Ben? Ned Leeds?).

Still HATE the whole "Spider-Totems/Web of Life" thing. I literally can't stand it and seeing Peter using magic by recording it, while it's a funny scene, feels idiotic. Also, was the Hand of the Vishanti a trap? It leads directly at Kindred's dinner room. (Loved the reference to ASM 42!)

Amazing Member

“The answer is yes”
    Pretty sure that’s what MJ said in OMD, too.
    I think that's right. That's what Spencer was referencing. The walls around OMD are clearly coming undone.

This issue... the past few issues.. i'm so glad I hung in there for this. I mean hung in there for Slott... for Spencer's run. This is so much fun. I loved the call backs to JMS' run. The Morlun "I'll be back" and Uncle Ben "Never Forget". This is why I read comics. This is great.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i have no idea since i never read his full run except for sins past
    So you read the most disgusting, offensive, idiotic, revolting, character-raping storyline in JMS saga and not the rest? Man what an idea.