Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Alrighty, who can identify all the guests at the table?

Kindred has been inside Parker's own astral plane this entire time, even though we know it's Harry, that wouldve really steered me into being 100% convinced it was Parker himself who was Kindred. Explains how he was able to monitor all the Spider people in #25. Suppose the big question is how Kindred ended up there? Was it directly from OMD? How would Harry know how to get there?

Seems like Strange hit the ole OMD barricade there too, red mystical energy seems on brand for Mephisto.

Also, foreboding Morlun tease in the corner of the dreamscape, buckle down for the Spidverse 3 in the next few years.
    The Morlun tease isn't a tease, it's a call back. When Peter went to the astral plane with Doc Strange during the JMS run, that billboard of Morlun was present. Well... maybe it's a throwback and a tease. Unfortunately, I don't like what Slott did with Morlun, making the inheritors, and spider-verse altogether. Not my kind of spidey story.

You know, seeing Kindred run rampant in Peter's dreamscape makes me really wish that he was Pre-OMD Peter instead of Kindred. The story potential would have been so freaking good!!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You know, seeing Kindred run rampant in Peter's dreamscape makes me really wish that he was Pre-OMD Peter instead of Kindred. The story potential would have been so freaking good!!
    I don't like the Pre-OMD Peter idea because that's just like the clone saga, where the real Peter isn't the one we've been reading for the past 13 years.

Here's the upcoming schedule for November's "Last Remains" issues so that nobody misses a beat:

11/4: ASM #51.LR
    11/11: ASM #52 & #52.LR
    11/18: ASM #53
    11/25: ASM #53.LR

There are two issues out on the same day, 11/11. Be on the lookout!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I don't like the Pre-OMD Peter idea because that's just like the clone saga, where the real Peter isn't the one we've been reading for the past 13 years.
    A writer like Spencer could have made it work.

Here's the upcoming schedule for November's "Last Remains" issues so that nobody misses a beat:

Nice, I only pick up a few other titles other than Spider-Man so I'm loving the frequent content coming in. I saw some youtuber who hates it but he gets like a million other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Nice, I only pick up a few other titles other than Spider-Man so I'm loving the frequent content coming in. I saw some youtuber who hates it but he gets like a million other books.
    Yeah, this much Spider-Man content is not abnormal; it was meant to be just four issues in November, but #850's delay caused the setback.

A writer like Spencer could have made it work.
    It can still be insulting to say that the Peter we've been seeing isn't the "real" one, would look even dumber with the horrible things Kindred does, the guy who's honestly trying his best isn't the "real" Peter, but the douchebag who kills people around, specifically resurrected Mysterio to torment Peter, mentally tortures people, caused Sins Rising to happen, and, y'know, made the fucking deal with Mephisto to begin with, wants to have the moral high ground and say he's the real deal? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It can still be insulting to say that the Peter we've been seeing isn't the "real" one, would look even dumber with the horrible things Kindred does, the guy who's honestly trying his best isn't the "real" Peter, but the douchebag who kills people around, specifically resurrected Mysterio to torment Peter, mentally tortures people, caused Sins Rising to happen, and, y'know, made the fucking deal with Mephisto to begin with, wants to have the moral high ground and say he's the real deal? Yeah...
    Well, the theory Was also that Kindred is a fragment of Peter's soul, who remembered the deal and wanted revenge. That way You still have original Peter and a story, to fight / save Kindred.

Also, I guess the people at the table are:
    - Gwen
    - George
    - Ned Leeds
    - Nathan Lubensky
    - Flash

Did Pete "let die" someone else?
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 10-28-2020 at 02:14 PM.

51.LR is my only book next week, will be a skip week at the LCS for me, but that means 3 issues of ASM goodness the following week!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Well, the theory Was also that Kindred is a fragment of Peter's soul, who remembered the deal and wanted revenge. That way You still have original Peter and a story, to fight / save Kindred.

- Gwen
    - George
    - Ned Leeds
    - Nathan Lubensky
    - Flash

Peter was responsible for Uncle Ben dying. But here is what disturbs me. Peter has done a lot more good then harm. Think of all the people he has saved down through the years ( even those who may not deserve it ( like Kraven)). Harry might have a lot of power right now, but inside he is still the weak pathetic character he always was. Never accepting responsibility for his actions and blaming Peter for them.

Peter ultimately has done a lot of good for the world, despite people close to him often suffering the most. I think him remembering making a deal with Mephisto would probably hurt him a lot though cause as he said this issue, all those other heroes look up to him and are his responsibility. It's kinda the most opposite thing of responsible but at the same time Peter's not perfect and makes mistakes, him picking himself up and going on anyway is what makes him special.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    This whole argument can largely be attributed to Kindred being Harry too, what's up with the Harry we've known for the past 13 years? Does this reveal invalidate those stories? Who is the true Harry?

Not that I disagree with any of this, and I'm sure all of these questions will be answered by Spencer, but Kindred's identity as a doppleganger of an already existing character strikes the same questions across the map.

Fantastic Member

Lost track - currently, does ANYONE remember the marriage? Even Mephisto?

I thought MJ was in some magic 'bubble' that sealed her off from amnesia.

Honestly, it was quite convoluted and so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I guess, still would be a weird angle to go for, one that could be insulting to either Peter easily.

- Gwen
    - George
    - Ned Leeds
    - Nathan Lubensky
    - Flash

The burglar I guess?

There's also Marla, and it was even because of her Peter started the whole "No one dies" shit, but that might be too recent, and outside of the group Harry knows, for him to be using.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    This whole argument can largely be attributed to Kindred being Harry too, what's up with the Harry we've known for the past 13 years? Does this reveal invalidate those stories? Who is the true Harry?

Not that I disagree with any of this, and I'm sure all of these questions will be answered by Spencer, but Kindred's identity as a doppleganger of an already existing character strikes the same questions across the map.
    Oh yeah, the whole Kindred vs Harry thing can get complicated, and I feel it'd be too easy to say that the living Harry is just a clone, and not the "real" Harry, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Lost track - currently, does ANYONE remember the marriage? Even Mephisto?

I thought MJ was in some magic 'bubble' that sealed her off from amnesia.

Honestly, it was quite convoluted and so long ago.
    So far, only Mephisto, and probably cosmic characters know about it, I'd bet Devil Hulk knows too, since in that Immortal Hulk: Great Power comic, he specifically points out he didn't forget about Peter's identity, so it's very likely he remembers the marriage too.