Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,581

    Default

    In the Green Lantern stuff, Simon Baz is a practicing Muslim (although he has been depicted doing stuff that orthodoxy wouldn't do). Jessica Cruz is depicted as a lapsed Christian (Catholic background), although she still celebrates some related holidays (not a huge part of her character, though).

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Lobo's religion is himself.
    Thought he was a cleric of a religion for awhile (until he quit and killed the god in question) in a story somewhere?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the Green Lantern stuff, Simon Baz is a practicing Muslim (although he has been depicted doing stuff that orthodoxy wouldn't do). Jessica Cruz is depicted as a lapsed Christian (Catholic background), although she still celebrates some related holidays (not a huge part of her character, though).



    Thought he was a cleric of a religion for awhile (until he quit and killed the god in question) in a story somewhere?
    Something like that, and had the Space Dolphins be his priests or something.

  3. #18
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Tanya Spears is a Christian. I'll just assume Baptiste or Pentecostal.

    Dr Mist practices traditional healing

    Deathstroke had a Christian phase but it's business as usual now.
    OP characters make me itch

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Interesting, thanks. I still feel now that Marvel does it better, but anyhow it's not a competition, just interesting.

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Tanya Spears is a Christian. I'll just assume Baptiste or Pentecostal.

    Dr Mist practices traditional healing

    Deathstroke had a Christian phase but it's business as usual now.
    Where was this stated?

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Interesting, thanks. I still feel now that Marvel does it better, but anyhow it's not a competition, just interesting.
    May I ask how you think Marvel does it better? I actually don't think there is that much religious diversity among them.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    May I ask how you think Marvel does it better? I actually don't think there is that much religious diversity among them.
    Well, I'm speaking of the characters I know about here, as I don't have the inclination or resources to buy and read every comic - but with characters such as Matt Murdock and Kamala Khan their religion is a part of their identity that you can't really miss. It's one part of a whole and adds to the overall character. But how many people who don't read every Bat-related comic would know that Harley Quinn is Jewish, for example.

    Religion (or lack there of) doesn't have to, nor should it be, of equal importance to every character of course. It just seems to me, for now at least, that Marvel may be doing a better job of representing diversity in that regard.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Matt Murdock I can bear. Otherwise it just doesn't matter in a superhero context

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,884

    Default

    Kahina, her sister and their family in Aquaman and The Others are muslims

    Shining Knight would count as Christian right? Being from Arthurian era

    Speaking of Arthurian... The Wayne family are descended from Sir Gawain of the Round Table and one of them went to the Crusade, so I think most of the England, Scottish, and French side of the family has always been Christian
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-29-2020 at 12:30 AM.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Batman is also technically Jewish since his mother is I believe.
    Maybe ethnically, but when it comes to his religion it looks like he was raised as Christian.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where was this stated?
    He's a shaman from South Africa
    OP characters make me itch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •