Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Another question: why 4 horsemen, genesis, isca, white sword and maybe others swordbearers live for thousands of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Another question: why 4 horsemen, genesis, isca, white sword and maybe others swordbearers live for thousands of years?
    Unclear. White Sword is an external. The Horsemen are children of Apocalypse - an external - but I don’t think it’s hereditory or there would be many more than there are. Genesis seems to have life generating powers, so possibly she is extending all their lives somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Is Saturnyne supposed to be an Emma? Because it feels like she's an alternate-dimension Emma.
    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Exactly my thoughts! Saturnyne gives this powerful vibe of Emma but an alternative version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    While it is possible Sat9 is Emma, I hope not.I don't want every single interesting xter to be an alternate version, that speaks of a dearth of interesting characters outside the already popular ones.
    Opal Luna Saturnyne, Opul Lun Sat-Yr-Nin/(Opul Lun Sat-Yr-9), Sa'tneen, Anjulie, Satyr-Nun, and Queen Mother are all alternates of ‎Courtney Ross -- moreover, the late Courtney Ross (See: Excalibur Vol 1 #5) of Earth 616 was once Brian Braddock girlfriend -- thus, none of the known (Courtney) alternates could have been Emma Frost.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-29-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Apoc is prob gonna be conflicted about betraying the X-men

i think we can expect he consider changing sides

His tarot card is Lover's
    the Lovers is about choice and the struggle to choose

the original Lover's tarot story is about a man conflicted about two women one young,naive and the other mature and older
    The Game ''Catherine'' is about the Lovers story

in Apoc case gonna be Krakoa or his former wife

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Unclear. White Sword is an external. The Horsemen are children of Apocalypse - an external - but I don’t think it’s hereditory or there would be many more than there are. Genesis seems to have life generating powers, so possibly she is extending all their lives somehow.
    Isn't Apoc an external too in life 10, or was that just life 9..I think he and WSword are related, they look like they are brothers.So for their family and progeny longevity is a given. I agree Genesis has life force type powers so maybe she extends the lifespan of those close to her there. Maybe we can even say Krakoa started feeding on mutant energy post rift but before as Okkara it had a lifeforce mutual exchange, so Arrako could be the one nourishing Arraki with life itself.Arrako may have been the one sentient part of Okkara bestowing life without need of protocols krakoans have today

I’m enjoying this for the most part. The issue I have is the same I had with Hickman’s Fantastic Four and Avengers runs. He introduced so many new characters rapid fire and made them important. If the bad guys in X of Swords had a slow build to get to know them all individually or even as a smaller group, I would probably care about them more. Fortunately, Hickman’s weaves epic tales that I love, so it’s mostly forgiven. Unfortunately, his characters rarely get used after he leaves... (I’m surprised the FF kids are just now starting to disband).

Quote Originally Posted by Daken455 View Post
    Apoc is prob gonna be conflicted about betraying the X-men

i think we can expect he consider changing sides

His tarot card is Lover's
    the Lovers is about choice and the struggle to choose

the original Lover's tarot story is about a man conflicted about two women one young,naive and the other mature and older
    The Game ''Catherine'' is about the Lovers story

in Apoc case gonna be Krakoa or his former wife
    Won`t be surprised if Apoc will tell at the end smth like Gambit in 'X-Ternally Yours:
    "Dis is not my home. I am not Thief, I am not Assassin. I am an X-Man. And I'm never comin' back."

Not that words but the same meaning.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    As powerful as Saturnyne is, she clearly is not all powerful. She is stronger than before, but that's because she rules the Starlight Citadel and has powers previously given to Merlyn and Roma. However, Merlyn and Roma did not get all their power from there and were clearly shown to be superior to her even without that. James Jaspers and the Fury are also definitely above Saturnyne and I'd be willing to bet that Mr. M is as well. So the idea that she is ruling over these five omega level threats is a bit ridiculous, unless this is again some long con by Roma or Merlyn.
    I really don't understand her power level. In the start of Excalibur, she was at war with Avalon and Morgan le Fay, and didn't appear to be winning. Then, she freezes everyone in Creation, then Polaris alarms her by almost destroying the citadel, then she gets punked by the Braddocks. AIPT used my question, but answered a different question by comparing her power to years ago. Grrrrr....

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I really don't understand her power level. In the start of Excalibur, she was at war with Avalon and Morgan le Fay, and didn't appear to be winning. Then, she freezes everyone in Creation, then Polaris alarms her by almost destroying the citadel, then she gets punked by the Braddocks. AIPT used my question, but answered a different question by comparing her power to years ago. Grrrrr....
    Saturnyne's troops are useless, she is not.

Perhaps her power diminishes if she moves away from the Citadel and thus she could not take care of Morgan herself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    We don't know how her new power works yet, with her scenc in stasis, she's drawing power from some where I think its more like a battery. She can do large scale things but needs to charge up to do them

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 101817

Definitely not Bei. Maybe a technarch or phalanx. Ultimatom?

That bulbous head is different though.
    Wait isn't that just Gorgon? It looks like his hair and mask and he's shown throwing his card away right after we see this card. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    A bit out of topic, but I was looking for the X of Swords hardcover in the spanish amazon site and these are the books it contains:

X of Swords: Creation (2020) 1, X of Swords: Stasis (2020) 1, X of Swords: Destruction (2020) 1, X-Men (2019) 12-14, Excalibur (2019) 12-14, Marauders (2019) 13, X-Force (2019) 13, New Mutants (2019) 13, Wolverine (2020) 6, Cable (2020) 5, Hellions (2020) 5, X-Factor (2020) 4, X of Swords: Storm (2020) 1

I don't remember hearing about X of Swords: Storm before. Has this book been announced?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this was just supposed to be Marauders #14 since that seems to be missing from the collection and seems to be Storm-centric.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Saturnyne's troops are useless, she is not.

Perhaps her power diminishes if she moves away from the Citadel and thus she could not take care of Morgan herself.
    I have no clue about the Excalibur side of the X-men, but i got the impression she is like The Trainman from the Matrix movies. Someone who is extremely powerfull in their own realm, but only there. With Arrako only following her whim because they need to pass through her realm and the tournament could save them a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I have no clue about the Excalibur side of the X-men, but i got the impression she is like The Trainman from the Matrix movies. Someone who is extremely powerfull in their own realm, but only there. With Arrako only following her whim because they need to pass through her realm and the tournament could save them a lot of trouble.
    Very this. She was clearly flexing on Poccy, implying that his "barely realized" form of magic is nothing compared to hers, at least there. She seems like one to have 1000 tricks up her sleeve which is what makes her dangerous.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Is Saturnyne supposed to be an Emma? Because it feels like she's an alternate-dimension Emma.
    Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Opal Luna Saturnyne, Opul Lun Sat-Yr-Nin/(Opul Lun Sat-Yr-9), Sa'tneen, Anjulie, Satyr-Nun, and Queen Mother are all alternates of ‎Courtney Ross -- moreover, the late Courtney Ross (See: Excalibur Vol 1 #5) of Earth 616 was once Brian Braddock girlfriend -- thus, none of the known (Courtney) alternates could have been Emma Frost.
    This. Also hot take: Saturnyne has ALWAYS been this way and Emma is pilfering from her characterization. It doesn't help that Larraz draws them very similarly.