Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Does Genesis/Annihilation have two swords?
    There's the Twilight Sword which somehow is the Midnight Sword now?
    And there is that Scythe/Hook looking blade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Redroot appears destined for romance with Doug; .

Redroot doesn't have such huge arm like in the card so I doubt it's her.

Mighty Member

First they changed Glob to Rockslide and now Magneto disappeared but there is no replacement for him.

I wonder why they changed Magneto midway ; of course, Marvel won't give us an honest answer like in the case of Glob.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    First they changed Glob to Rockslide and now Magneto disappeared but there is no replacement for him.

I wonder why they changed Magneto midway ; of course, Marvel won't give us an honest answer like in the case of Glob.
    This has been aces the entire way.

Why would I get particularly hung up on any of that?

So are Krakoa and Arrako lovers as well? It seemed to indicate that, especially with the pink accents in the eyes of Arrako. Saturnyne might not be the villian I thought she was. It seems she's doing her own matchmaking. Which would make sense since Amenth is an extreme pain in the ass to her. Isca is so mysterious, she hasn't said a word in any panel so far, and she's extremely powerful. I really enjoyed that scene with the White Sword.
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 10-28-2020 at 11:33 PM.

Past the great mask/helmet, I did think it was interesting that Bei's motivation is about as simple as that she(he?/it?...) just wants to go "Jason Voorhees..." upside some poor fool's head.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    So "Infuri" is where the robots from Netflix's "Lost In Space" came from.
    I'm pleasantly surprised Furies have their own kingdom, that is crazy like some Transformer type stuff, though it could make them an interesting sentient threat instead of just programmed hunter-killers

Astonishing Member

I'm certain it's Bei, there is a crescent moon shown against the sun on the card.She seems to have powers of compulsion/seduction.I'm guessing they are foreshadowing Doug throwing his fight coz of Bei.Other threads say Bei will fight Cable and since Cable was given a fool card ,maybe he will be so enamored with her that he will fight Doug.This card stuff could play out many ways
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-29-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Hellions #5 implied that was not Sinister's real mission anyway.
    Being Sinister,I'd wager Sinister is out there looking for alternative universe Sinisters to play dress-up with.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Is Saturnyne supposed to be an Emma? Because it feels like she's an alternate-dimension Emma.
    Exactly my thoughts! Saturnyne gives this powerful vibe of Emma but an alternative version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicflavours View Post
    A bit out of topic, but I was looking for the X of Swords hardcover in the spanish amazon site and these are the books it contains:

X of Swords: Creation (2020) 1, X of Swords: Stasis (2020) 1, X of Swords: Destruction (2020) 1, X-Men (2019) 12-14, Excalibur (2019) 12-14, Marauders (2019) 13, X-Force (2019) 13, New Mutants (2019) 13, Wolverine (2020) 6, Cable (2020) 5, Hellions (2020) 5, X-Factor (2020) 4, X of Swords: Storm (2020) 1

I don't remember hearing about X of Swords: Storm before. Has this book been announced?
    Interesting. I am looking forward to that issue with Storm, I wonder what they are planning to do with her. She drew Death card and it was mentioned Metarmophose... so I am intrigued to say the least having in mind that Storm is my favourite character of them all!

Really loving this crossover. Surprised to hear some people aren't fans of the Other world stuff, seeing as its some of the most interesting stuff to me (it's new to me tbh). Loving the Arakko backstories too. Really nice to see a crossover done with care. It feels epic and cinematic. I feel like I'm getting out of this what I had hoped to get out of Dark Knights Death Metal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Great art.
    >Nice character pieces but these sword-gathering tales could have and perhaps should have been sliced up and put as back up stories in the other issues. We didn't need a special issue for this.
    >Jamie's still wearing a modified Sinister cape.
    >Illyana is down to throw down!
    >Pogg Ur-Pogg speaks in rhyme. *cackles in Etrigan*
    >Arakko still wants peace and to be reunited with Krakoa, eh? She's gonna die, isn't she?
    >Apocalypse is just getting belittled left and right. Serves him right after all these months of stunting and fronting.
    >Are the writers screaming at us that Absolon Mercator aka Mr. M is ruling the realm of Mercator? That seems a bit too... obvious.
    >Speaking of obvious... The Death aka change/transformation card? That Annihilation Mask looks like it comes in your size, Storm!

Favourite panels and sword...
    Four Furies? I got chills! A whole realm of Furies?! *swoons*
    Attachment 101839
    He'd stay out of trouble if he was less pig-headed.
    Attachment 101840
    SO sexy!!!
    Attachment 101841
    I actually think it would have been better if the council meeting was part of issue #1 .Creation. Have the Dryador guy crash in the midst of the meeting .As Arrako was a problem for the realm ,even without Krakoa getting a nod.Then you have Saturnyne go down and do her freeze time and ultimatum to the Krakoans and Arraki.That way this issue would be about Arraki collecting their swords and the rules of the tournament being laid down.I fear the rest of the issues will either again create excess buildup and cram the crescendo battle at the end or go fight pair per issue but that may be at the expense of greater gravitas to the entire story.

The best way to have done it is since Issue 3 have half the issue concentrate on Krakoan sword acquisition and the other half.Arraki sword acquisition. I surely hope the second half of the saga is kinetic

BANNED

The picture could be of Krakoa and arrako when they still human. Showing Doug it’s his job to reunite them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Exactly my thoughts! Saturnyne gives this powerful vibe of Emma but an alternative version of her.

Interesting. I am looking forward to that issue with Storm, I wonder what they are planning to do with her. She drew Death card and it was mentioned Metarmophose... so I am intrigued to say the least having in mind that Storm is my favourite character of them all!
    While it is possible Sat9 is Emma, I hope not.I don't want every single interesting xter to be an alternate version, that speaks of a dearth of interesting characters outside the already popular ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    While it is possible Sat9 is Emma, I hope not.I don't want every single interesting xter to be an alternate version, that speaks of a dearth of interesting characters outside the already popular ones.
    Saturnine is an alt-reality Courtney Ross (who is dead).