Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
    All-New Member

When does self-reflection become narcissism?

All-New Member

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Majora
    "Due to similarities between the eyes of Majora's Mask and the Fused Shadow, an evil item from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, it has been proposed that the tribe that created the Fused Shadow, known as the Interlopers, could have created Majora's Mask. This is possible because the Interlopers were an ancient tribe that excelled in dark magic, that was later banished from Hyrule by the Gods. Also, the Twili appear to use masks often. When Link first gets the Ordon Shield, Midna attempts to wear it on her face, and during the cutscene in Twilight Princess in which Princess Zelda surrenders, Zant's bodyguards are wearing special metal masks over their faces."

Unrelatedly I just found out about something called 'public theology'.
    Last edited by piloting; 08-28-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

All-New Member

Can't think of any roles which it'd be neat to see Gene Simmons play in the Marvel cinematic U,right now.

"Please tell me the answer, is fate unchangeable?"
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

BANNED

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

"Jam a bastard in it, you crap!"

All-New Member

There are times when you can be let down thinking about how some ppl can make more in a relative brief instant (like say a few months) than you have or ever will in your entire life,but then you can cheer yourself up thinking about how your probably making more in a relative brief instant (like say a few months) than many ppl in the past have in their life-times

..but then you think about how maybe (*adjusting for inflation*) someone like let's say a construction laborer in the Western European Middle Ages was making as much if not slightly more than you are..and then you think about non-industrialized regions of the world but then you think that to do a comparision on ppl who in all likelihood have a more authentic and 'unrestrained' humanity than you, customs aside, and you start thinking about how it's better if not good to not compare yourself to others

..`_` I think that just b/c you can make it to a 'jobless post-industrial world' doesn't mean your going to have the same kind of humanity and emotional authenticity like those who you might've ridiculed for not going through all that effort,do.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Edvard Gries was influenced y Norweigan Folk Music.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

"P'hliz t'michu."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

"It ain't over til it's over."
    ---Yogi Berra
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Down with Big Brother!"
    - George Orwell's 1984

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    "It ain't over til it's over."
    ---Yogi Berra
    `-` And here I thought Sylvester Stallone, came up with it.

Something I've noticed. Even without going into "bro-culture", there's a common habit of dudes , even say strangers asking one another for the time to greet each other and say " hey brother.." but I don't really think I've seen women irl say something like "hey sister.." when attempting to socialize--maybe it speaks to how maybe with women,the potential to warm up to ppl via socializing is something mnore expectant than the potential standoffish or even aggression guys might encounter with other guys.