Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’d rather they gave Tartakovsky money to make more Primal than some lame nostalgia cash-in stuff. Hopefully at least he will make it mega, mega violent.
    Fan entitlement at its best.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Wishing for more original content is not entitlement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So you never saw tiny toons? It's nothing like muppet babies.
    So you didn't read my post? I didn't say it was like Muppet Babies, I said it was trying to cash in, as in taking adult characters and making kid versions of them. Like Flintstones Kids, Scooby Kids, Tom & Jerry Kids, and several others that escape me.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So you didn't read my post? I didn't say it was like Muppet Babies, I said it was trying to cash in, as in taking adult characters and making kid versions of them. Like Flintstones Kids, Scooby Kids, Tom & Jerry Kids, and several others that escape me.
    Yeah, except Muppet Babies, Tiny Toons, and A Pup Named Scooby Doo were all pretty good. I see nothing wrong with it. Of course I have warm memories of these cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wishing for more original content is not entitlement.
    Yeah, but him saying this is "lame nostalgia cash-in stuff" isn't fair, and makes it sound like original content is somehow inherently superior or should be underneath him. When really there's nothing wrong with a little nostalgia, the original was great, and there's no reason to think that Tartakovsky is being forced into. Heck, he might be a fan of the original Tiny Toons and is having a field day getting to work on it, who knows?

Just feels like one can say they prefer something without putting down another thing that a lot of us loved and are looking forward to.

Incredible Member

Tiny toons was terrible? What show was your were watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Tiny Toons was terrible. An attempt to cash in on the Muppet Babies. Terrible.

Well archie did the kid versions with little archie long before muppet babies and Flintstone kids was done in a dell comic back in the 60s so it wasn't new. Even looney tunes did at least two kid bugs shorts back in the old days. Plus tiny toons it wasn't even bugs as a kid as bugs was in the show as the teacher. (but yes the tiny toons are all based more or less on a looney tune.) Also the tiny toons were teens. Babes says she is 14 in one episode!

By the way tiny toons makes fun of muppet babies shows in this clip.

Baby looney tunes on the other hand was wanting to be muppet babies right down to granny feeling in for nanny! It didn't even try to hide it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-15-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Here babes says she is 14.

Here are brother and sister (ugh hate they made them siblings!) buster and babes in new show.

They made them siblings!? Huh.

Also not sure I love their new VA's.

Here are brother and sister (ugh hate they made them siblings!) buster and babes in new show.

Oof. There goes the the "No relation" gag. And yeah, the new voice actors, well, not all that crazy about them either.

Yup. Here is about it. Show head says they are twins now!

https://screenrant.com/acme-looniver...con-comic-con/

Baby looney tunes on the other hand was wanting to be muppet babies right down to granny feeling in for nanny! It didn't even try to hide it.
    Baby Looney Tunes sucked in every way possible.

They tried to take characters that were constantly feuding and trying to kill each other and made them sweet wholes friends that always got along. It just didn't work.

Plus, muppet babies had star wars, ghostbusters, spider-man, stan lee (his first ever live action cameo!), hulk, snoopy, raiders of the lost ark, mgm wizard of oz, jetsons, and others! Baby looney tunes just can't compete!

Yup. Here is about it. Show head says they are twins now!

https://screenrant.com/acme-looniver...con-comic-con/
    So, are Max and Elmyra siblings too? How about Plucky and Shirley?

Yeah, not a fan of this direction. Buster and Babs weren't only the main hosts, but the main ship of the series. This is a major change.