Default Has the lasso become unless

Several characters have been able to get out of the lasso. Is the lasso losing it’s importance? I mean from gods to regular people no one is suppose to get out of the lasso

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Several characters have been able to get out of the lasso. Is the lasso losing it’s importance? I mean from gods to regular people no one is suppose to get out of the lasso
    The Lasso should still have all of its magical properties unless the writers are changing that or just do not know the history.

It's not as strong as it used to be starting around the time Grail escaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's not as strong as it used to be starting around the time Grail escaped.
    Do we know why? Was it something different Grace did? Has Diana lost any of her power?

(Just wondering if it is some kind of spell against all of Diana's powers or just something attacking her lasso)

The lasso is just one of those things that's as powerful until it suddenly isn't on a writer's whim, like a GL ring or Thor's hammer.

All the really good side magical properties have been gone since pre-crisis, but now the post-crisis abilities are gone too (dispelling illusions, fires of Hestia, protection from mind control and those one off tricks that happen only once) suddenly there are a lot of loopholes involved. Even the truth itself is in question.

There's definitely constant nerfing.

Almost sounds like they want to do away with the Lasso and by making it "mortal" rope. Then they can write in the sword and shield every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Almost sounds like they want to do away with the Lasso and by making it "mortal" rope. Then they can write in the sword and shield every issue.
    I remember this was one of the things that annoyed me the most about the DCAU’s Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

The lasso requires creativity which is in short supply most of the time. Same reason Batman's detective skills are quite limited %99 of the time.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The lasso hasn't become useless. Now the writers who are utilizing it lately, that may be another story........
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The lasso hasn't become useless. Now the writers who are utilizing it lately, that may be another story........
    I’ve always said that’s Diana’s Lasso should have more powers! The lasso could do whatever Diana wants within certain limits. We can hash out all day why the Editors lately don’t care about WW. Which is clearly obvious.

Incredible Member

Unfortunately, I think escaping the lasso is similar to killing a god destroying Diana's bracers, or beating up Superman. It's a shortcut writers use to show the audience this character is an unstoppable badass and that we've just entered a new level of peril. Unfortunately, sometimes they go to the well so often that it loses all importance and emphasis.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I've seen panels where the target of her lasso simply avoids it. Not much use if she can't land it.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, I've seen panels where the target of her lasso simply avoids it. Not much use if she can't land it.
    Well even if she doesn’t catch them It’s been shown it still has some affect if it’s near someone. That’s the issue