Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's no longer any need for that. Let Peter grow up and showcase Miles as the teen Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no longer any need for that. Let Peter grow up and showcase Miles as the teen Spider-Man.
    Just because there's no need, doesn't mean it's not going to happen. The idea is that teen characters sell better in the kids merchandising world than adult ones, which is why Robin was added to B:TAS, despite there not being plans for him originally. Episodes without Robin were axed. And then Dick was replaced by Tim because there was a call for an even younger Robin to appeal to kids. Ben Ten was aged up and then later de-aged. We've already seen Miles and Peter have their ages leveled in some adaptations.

Mighty Member

I don't see Peter changing much from the mid to late 20s he has been for several years now. And I think Miles and Gwen will remain teenagers indefinitely. Characters don't really age like they used to in the mainline continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    29 by now if you count the eight-month time-skip post-Secret Wars. To be honest, he should be at least or about 30 by now, but thanks to comic book time and Marvel's reluctance to depict him in the "main" continuity as a full-fledged adult, he'll probably be in his 20s forever, with Marvel edging him closer to mid-20s than late 20s.
    So he is 29 now? You know this is the problem with the comicbook industry and why Mangas are better.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So he is 29 now? You know this is the problem with the comicbook industry and why Mangas are better.
    Yes, the fear of letting characters evolve and change permanently without reverting them later on to "factory defaults."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, the fear of letting characters evolve and change permanently without reverting them later on to "factory defaults."
    Ah yes, the "status quo" the reason why comics keep failing.honestly Peter is a character that works better as an adult than a teenager. I'm really tired of the HS BS

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Just because there's no need, doesn't mean it's not going to happen. The idea is that teen characters sell better in the kids merchandising world than adult ones, which is why Robin was added to B:TAS, despite there not being plans for him originally. Episodes without Robin were axed. And then Dick was replaced by Tim because there was a call for an even younger Robin to appeal to kids. Ben Ten was aged up and then later de-aged. We've already seen Miles and Peter have their ages leveled in some adaptations.

Preference-wise I'd rather Peter not be de-aged to be the same age as the actual young Spider-Heroes...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Ah yes, the "status quo" the reason why comics keep failing.honestly Peter is a character that works better as an adult than a teenager. I'm really tired of the HS BS
    Spectacular Spider-Man says that that's untrue.

The problem I have with people want adult characters is that they don't actually care about said characters growing up. If time isn't going to pass naturally, then what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man says that that's untrue.

The problem I have with people want adult characters is that they don't actually care about said characters growing up. If time isn't going to pass naturally, then what's the point?
    He was (ideally) supposed to age over the course of Spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

That Spider symbol on Gwen's costume for Spidey Amazing Friends is ugly. That suit was not designed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That Spider symbol on Gwen's costume for Spidey Amazing Friends is ugly. That suit was not designed for that.
    Miles looks like he's wearing a v swimsuit .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles looks like he's wearing a v swimsuit .
    I feel for the kids who have to grow up with these ugly costumes in their Spider-cartoons.

this is the first time that i realize that gwen suit doesnt have a spider symbol
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this is the first time that i realize that gwen suit doesnt have a spider symbol
    Well, she's not "Spider-Man" so maybe that's part of it.

I mean, Mayday's Spider-Girl suit did but she repurposed Ben's Spider-Man costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's not "Spider-Man" so maybe that's part of it.

I mean, Mayday's Spider-Girl suit did but she repurposed Ben's Spider-Man costume.
    You're right. I think Mayday was the only female Spider to have a symbol on her suit.

(I'm wrong Felicity from MC2 had one too.)