Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default How old is Spider-Gwen currently?

I was wondering as I heard them mention she was 19 during her run but was curious if Marvel retconned her age or something. So how old is she currently?

Yeah, I swear she was around 19 in the original run but then she was having a thing with Miles who is younger and in high school, and she spent around 6 months to a year in jail at the end of the original run if I remember correctly, and then the Spider-Verse movie made her younger around the same age as a 13/14 year old Miles, then she's mostly in the 616 universe now and officially going to ESU as a college student so it's been quite the roller coaster so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    I was wondering as I heard them mention she was 19 during her run but was curious if Marvel retconned her age or something. So how old is she currently?
    Don't know. But Marvel did say many years ago that every 4-6 years real time equals about 1 year comic time.

She's pretty much 20, I think.

She was 19 in her original run, yes, was in jail for a year, so she should be 20 or 21 now. However, her latest book still referred to her as a teenager!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was 19 in her original run, yes, was in jail for a year, so she should be 20 or 21 now. However, her latest book still referred to her as a teenager!
    Yeah, that was a bit frustrating, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Gwen's waiting for the first writer who'll write her as legally old enough to drink .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't that from copied and pasted text? Y'know, the introduction stuff? 'Cause she's in college now, she's at least a legal adult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gwen's waiting for the first writer who'll write her as legally old enough to drink .
    I can see her as an alcoholic, she sure has enough reasons to drink, specially if she stays stranded in 616

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I can see her as an alcoholic, she sure has enough reasons to drink, specially if she stays stranded in 616
    If she were still the hot mess she was pre-Ghost Spider, I think she'd be spending wayyyy too much time at a bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Isn't that from copied and pasted text? Y'know, the introduction stuff? 'Cause she's in college now, she's at least a legal adult lol.
    No. George Stacy has referred to Gwen as a teenager. And college just means over 18. She was old enough to be in college before her debut.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

So she's 18-19?

BANNED

So she's 18-19?
    Sounds about right. She's only a college freshman.

So she's 18-19?
    At least before she went to prison...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Sounds about right. She's only a college freshman.
    That doesn't mean she's 19. Never hard of a gap year? Gwen spent hers in the slammer, lol.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

19-20.

That's the thing about comics, they're never going to give characters a hard age because they want to avoid continuity snarls. Like I'm sure Marvel as a whole is probably retroactively ignoring the whole "year in prison" think Jason Latour had going, much like they are likely ignoring Kate Bishop being established as like 20 way back in the Young Avengers.

I think a lot of characters in their status, Sqiurrel Girl included, are going to get the Kitty Pryde treatment and treated as young college age for the long haul.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.