Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    19-20.

That's the thing about comics, they're never going to give characters a hard age because they want to avoid continuity snarls. Like I'm sure Marvel as a whole is probably retroactively ignoring the whole "year in prison" think Jason Latour had going, much like they are likely ignoring Kate Bishop being established as like 20 way back in the Young Avengers.

I think a lot of characters in their status, Sqiurrel Girl included, are going to get the Kitty Pryde treatment and treated as young college age for the long haul.
    I do wonder how soon we'll see characters like Miles and Ms. Marvel in college.

basically old enough for Peter to date if a writer wants them too
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    basically old enough for Peter to date if a writer wants them too
    Let's not go there .

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I think she's gonna be stuck at 19 the same way Peter is stuck in the mid-twenties.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Young enough to get away with this.

"Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Young enough to get away with this.

I remember this was when the first questions/concerns about Gwen's age came up, so they confirmed that she was only 2-3 years older than Miles.

Of course, nothing really came from this other than a makeout session, so it seemed kind of silly in hindsight .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember this was when the first questions/concerns about Gwen's age came up, so they confirmed that she was only 2-3 years older than Miles.

Of course, nothing really came from this other than a makeout session, so it seemed kind of silly in hindsight .

Hmmmm, if I call she was technically 2 years Older. I believe he told her he was turning 17 the following month When she was going into the club.

BANNED

Yeah, I think Gwen is supposed to be like 18-24 months older than Miles, which would put her at about 19. She could've graduated high school at 17, had her gap year, and still be 19.

In another thread, folks were comparing their roles in the franchise to Dick and Babs. I believe Babs is supposed to be 2-3 years older than Dick. Just more conceptual overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, I think Gwen is supposed to be like 18-24 months older than Miles, which would put her at about 19. She could've graduated high school at 17, had her gap year, and still be 19.

In another thread, folks were comparing their roles in the franchise to Dick and Babs. I believe Babs is supposed to be 2-3 years older than Dick. Just more conceptual overlap.
    It depends on the continuity. More and more they usually end up being the same age, probably because of their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends on the continuity. More and more they usually end up being the same age, probably because of their relationship.
    Yeah, in current continuity i'm pretty sure that both are the same age.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

All-New Member

I had always figured relatively young, 18 at the youngest or 20 at the oldest

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, in current continuity i'm pretty sure that both are the same age.
    Yeah, Barbara was older than Dick pre-Flashpoint, but both were deaged to 21 in the New 52 reboot. They've been aged up a few years now but are still the same age as each other.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    19-20.

That's the thing about comics, they're never going to give characters a hard age because they want to avoid continuity snarls. Like I'm sure Marvel as a whole is probably retroactively ignoring the whole "year in prison" think Jason Latour had going, much like they are likely ignoring Kate Bishop being established as like 20 way back in the Young Avengers.

I think a lot of characters in their status, Sqiurrel Girl included, are going to get the Kitty Pryde treatment and treated as young college age for the long haul.
    Isn't Peter 28?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Isn't Peter 28?
    29 by now if you count the eight-month time-skip post-Secret Wars. To be honest, he should be at least or about 30 by now, but thanks to comic book time and Marvel's reluctance to depict him in the "main" continuity as a full-fledged adult, he'll probably be in his 20s forever, with Marvel edging him closer to mid-20s than late 20s.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    29 by now if you count the eight-month time-skip post-Secret Wars. To be honest, he should be at least or about 30 by now, but thanks to comic book time and Marvel's reluctance to depict him in the "main" continuity as a full-fledged adult, he'll probably be in his 20s forever, with Marvel edging him closer to mid-20s than late 20s.
    Yeah, I don't see Marvel ever putting Peter into his 30s or older long-term. They'd find some way to de-age him while aging everyone else up. They like a younger Peter (usually the high school version), because they can better merchandise him as a kid's character. Pretty sure Spider-man action figures on the whole are even more popular than Batman ones sales-wise.

Just be happy we even have a Peter who's college age or typical post-grad age, lol.