Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default History of the Marvel Universe 6 of 6 and overall.

I enjoyed this series alot it been a blast, bummed out that some events were left out but its expected when you have that much history, did glad other events made it in. you also get some teases of what could be future events on page that been obscured, dont want to spoil you. but yeah what you think? I look forward to each issue coming in as i love seeing more or less the rich lore of the marvel universe. Javier Rodriguez killed it on the art with so much detail and page layout.

Interestingly, Civil War II was omitted, causing Champions to instead be stated to have formed after Secret Wars. The only other recent events omitted are Spider-Geddon, Absolute Carnage, and Annihilation Scourge, probably due to all three being very recent. They did mention Secret Empire, War of the Realms, and the X-Men Krakoa status quo, before they moved on to vague info about upcoming stuff (like Outlawed and Empyre) and then futures like Days of Future Past, 2099, and Killraven. Galactus's memories were getting hazy at that point thus explaining him mixing up 616 and alternate universes.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Hope they do a treasury edition of this similar to the Silver Surfer: Black one.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean when you think about it, Civil War II just ended up being a glorified leadup to Secret Empire anyway, so it makes sense that it got brushed over.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The fact that once again they drew a whole spreadpage of tons of marvel characters and opted to use Nadia and and not Janet is such bullshit. This keeps happening in all the books and all the covers and I'm tired of it

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Hope they do a treasury edition of this similar to the Silver Surfer: Black one.
    https://www.amazon.com/History-Marve...s%2C200&sr=1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The fact that once again they drew a whole spreadpage of tons of marvel characters and opted to use Nadia and and not Janet is such bullshit. This keeps happening in all the books and all the covers and I'm tired of it
    They should've both been there. There were golden age heroes in there, there's no way Janet should've been omitted. Nadia WAS tiny though. She was with Ant-Man - presumably Scott - and the red colouring was the only way to tell it was her and not Janet or Cassie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should've both been there. There were golden age heroes in there, there's no way Janet should've been omitted. Nadia WAS tiny though. She was with Ant-Man - presumably Scott - and the red colouring was the only way to tell it was her and not Janet or Cassie.
    They are never both there. Never. They always draw Nadia over Janet in these type of pages and covers. It's exhausting.

BANNED

Aside from the art-work it felt redundant.

I don't think Waid was the right person to do this, because that guy has a lot of axes to grind. His representation of Spider-Man's history in particular leaves too much to be desired.

BANNED

This was just a lovely set of issues. Stellar work by Waid and Rodriguez. Rodriguez, especially, should be lauded for making this one of the most gorgeous books out there. The art alone will make this a must-buy as a treasury edition. One thing I loved about this series in particular is how it granted equal weight to events from every era of Marvel. It was surely a given that Rodriguez would pull out all the stops when revisiting key moments from the Silver and Bronze Age but I was pleased to see that recent events and newer characters (loved the two-page spread in today's issue of the new generation of teen heroes, for example) were depicted with the same sense of importance and shown to be worthy of the same level of passion.

While there's obviously only so much that can be included when you're talking about condensing decades' worth of stories into six issues and inevitably there'll be omissions, I think that Waid and Rodriguez did a heroic job of including as much as humanly possible. And as much as Rodriguez was the star of the show, Waid should be commended for keeping it all flowing smoothly and I even found the concluding pages to be surprisingly emotional.

Thumbs up.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I got bored with it and after a while I felt I'd rather just go back and read the originals

Thought "Thanos wins" may have got a mention in the future realities, oh well.
    Loved the series, can't wait for the collection.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Awesome. The art alone makes it.

Tony Stark and Emma Frost??

Yassssss!!!
    4F5F34C0-798F-4551-AA13-09C21582DFFB.jpg
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Astonishing Member

I finally got my copy of History of the Marvel Universe#6 and was a must read to me.
    I am glad that i picked up this limited series because as a reader of older comic books as well,this will be the comics i will be reading and re-reading to see for example where a story is taking place and the importance of that story in the History of the Marvel Universe.
    The easter eggs to future storylines was a nice in this last issue as well.
    Over all a well researched and amazingly well illustrated Limited series.