Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    How brief was that? Don't remember that at all, much less anyone talking about it lol.
    Issue #1: when Venom attacks, MJ gets herself and Annie out of the way by grabbing the side of a firetruck headed to a fire (reasoning that it may be useful for defense). When the truck arrives at the destination, the firefighters are shocked and no too happy that they had a stowaway. While trying to get some semblance of order, the boyfriend character is given an order by name.

That was the full extent of that. Remember seeing some people connect the dots online (I avoid post-OMD like the plague, so I would've missed it otherwise) and I swear I remember seeing some people online being triggered by it and/or accusing Slott of trying to make them mad by bringing up stuff they wanted to forget (course, according to the pockets of the fanbase, Slott kicks puppies for laughs, so call me skeptical).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Issue #1: when Venom attacks, MJ gets herself and Annie out of the way by grabbing the side of a firetruck headed to a fire (reasoning that it may be useful for defense). When the truck arrives at the destination, the firefighters are shocked and no too happy that they had a stowaway. While trying to get some semblance of order, the boyfriend character is given an order by name.

That was the full extent of that. Remember seeing some people connect the dots online (I avoid post-OMD like the plague, so I would've missed it otherwise) and I swear I remember seeing some people online being triggered by it and/or accusing Slott of trying to make them mad by bringing up stuff they wanted to forget (course, according to the pockets of the fanbase, Slott kicks puppies for laughs, so call me skeptical).
    Yeah, checked out here, the guy who saved MJ goes by "Ollie", and he's named in RYV, that's it.

Oh well, I'm not surprised if fans actually did that, fans can make some rather ridiculous complaints, like come on, can't even just mention the guy? Lol.

Yeah, checked out here, the guy who saved MJ goes by "Ollie", and he's named in RYV, that's it.

Oh well, I'm not surprised if fans actually did that, fans can make some rather ridiculous complaints, like come on, can't even just mention the guy? Lol.

The more I hear about stuff like this, the more I wonder if the bad of fandom outweighs the good.

People just aren't interested in MJ having a boyfriend(/husband) who isn't Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The more I hear about stuff like this, the more I wonder if the bad of fandom outweighs the good.
    Meh, those kinds of people are just loud minorities, 'cause if this place had nitpicky complaints like that with any sort of frequency, I wouldn't even have reached 50 posts before dropping it lol.

I doubt it's even about Ollie in particular, just people who wanted to find an excuse, any excuse, to talk **** about Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People just aren't interested in MJ having a boyfriend(/husband) who isn't Peter.
    Those people must absolutely love Ultimate MJ then, she's pretty much Petersexual.

But hey, not liking her with other people, I can understand, it's ridiculous, but shipping is like that... But getting butthurt because someone who once dated MJ in 616 is just name dropped, she clearly doesn't care about the guy, the scene is foccusing in Peter and Venom fighting, and the only thing that makes him stand out from the other firefighters there is that... He gets named? Come on, this is embarrassing.

Those people must absolutely love Ultimate MJ then, she's pretty much Petersexual.

But hey, not liking her with other people, I can understand, it's ridiculous, but shipping is like that... But getting butthurt because someone who once dated MJ in 616 is just name dropped, she clearly doesn't care about the guy, the scene is foccusing in Peter and Venom fighting, and the only thing that makes him stand out from the other firefighters there is that... He gets named? Come on, this is embarrassing.
    Agreed.

(10 character count.)

I doubt it's even about Ollie in particular, just people who wanted to find an excuse, any excuse, to talk **** about Slott.
    Seeing the near-pathological hated some online people seem to have for him, I will believe it.

Did like the character and that she and Peter were written as the endgame couple of the series, but I also liked Chat, so make of that what you will.

Yeah, it made no sense. I can get not liking to be reminded of stuff that didn't appeal to you, but agree that it was pointless. Like you said before, it seemed to be mostly to hate on Slott (esp. since those crowds hated that he got a cameo in the series).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Meh, those kinds of people are just loud minorities, 'cause if this place had nitpicky complaints like that with any sort of frequency, I wouldn't even have reached 50 posts before dropping it lol.

That is not true. There is no one tougher on Slott then me, and I have never brought up the firefighter. The reason why I prefer her with Peter is what I said before and will say again:it is not just the fact she is Peter’s Soul Mate, it is because she is the only person who can handle the Spider and the man. Is it something she likes? No because Peter could die. But that applies to spouses of soldiers, police officers and firefighters as well. There is a lot of danger in their jobs ( and to Peter, Spider-Man is a job not a way of life). MJ when written well has a purpose that is very important to Spider-Man: That is to help him. I go back to Life Story. What did she do at the end? Give PeterÂ’s costume to Miles. Why? Because she knows the importance of Spider-Man: which is to protect people from the bad guys ( and gals) out there.

Yeah, there was that time she made out with the guy from the Molten Man band but that only showed to emphasize how much she wasn't over Peter (which was also pretty clear when he was with Gwen during the relaunch), then she showed up with another guy during that requiem issue but was promptly forgotten about when Peter came back.

Did like the character and that she and Peter were written as the endgame couple of the series, but I also liked Chat, so make of that what you will.
    Nah, I meant people who only want MJ with Peter, 'cause Ultimate MJ is perfect for that.

And yeah, Chat was cool, a bit too overpowered at times, but she had a nice chemistry with Peter, and didn't feel like a repeat of another love interest.

Yeah, it made no sense. I can get not liking to be reminded of stuff that didn't appeal to you, but agree that it was pointless. Like you said before, it seemed to be mostly to hate on Slott (esp. since those crowds hated that he got a cameo in the series).
    Worst thing is that they got triggered at someone as minor as Ollie, he's just some guy MJ decided to date during Superior, and he doesn't even show up much even during that, so yeah, if people really got pissed at that, they probably just wanted an excuse to be annoyed at Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is not true. There is no one tougher on Slott then me, and I have never brought up the firefighter.
    Hah, I seriously doubt that, you sound like a reasonable guy, and haters aren't reasonable, like I said, they'll just find any excuse to hate the guy, to the point they may blame him for **** he had no involvement in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, there was that time she made out with the guy from the Molten Man band but that only showed to emphasize how much she wasn't over Peter (which was also pretty clear when he was with Gwen during the relaunch), then she showed up with another guy during that requiem issue but was promptly forgotten about when Peter came back.
    And then we have Peter, who while he loved MJ above everyone else, he still could move on from and date other women just fine, so yeah, she's definitely Petersexual lol.

Astonishing Member

Nah, I meant people who only want MJ with Peter, 'cause Ultimate MJ is perfect for that.

And yeah, Chat was cool, a bit too overpowered at times, but she had a nice chemistry with Peter, and didn't feel like a repeat of another love interest.

Worst thing is that they got triggered at someone as minor as Ollie, he's just some guy MJ decided to date during Superior, and he doesn't even show up much even during that, so yeah, if people really got pissed at that, they probably just wanted an excuse to be annoyed at Slott.

Hah, I seriously doubt that, you sound like a reasonable guy, and haters aren't reasonable, like I said, they'll just find any excuse to hate the guy, to the point they may blame him for **** he had no involvement in.

And then we have Peter, who while he loved MJ above everyone else, he still could move on from and date other women just fine, so yeah, she's definitely Petersexual lol.
    You are correct there are people who look for an excuse to hate. I heard about the death threats Dan Slott received, and no one should receive them (especially over a comic book that will not influence their life one way or the other). I am certainly not one of those types. My problem with Dan Slott was with the way he wrote Spider-Man and his snarky remarks. To be honest, Spider-Man got to be an unpleasant read for me, so I did the only acceptable way to handle the situation, which was to drop the book until he left.

Sure. Was mildly surprised that it wasn't cited much as a replacement when OMD was still fresh.

Certainly had one of the better establishing they were a couple moments in the various iterations.

Glad that's more or less died down after he left.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sure. Was mildly surprised that it wasn't cited much as a replacement when OMD was still fresh.
    Hm, yeah, kinda surprising, but I can see some reasons, like how they shouldn't have been demonically divorced to begin with to need to search for a replacement, or that Ultimate Peter and MJ were still too young for the more serious parts of a relationship, much less marriage.

Better that fans didn't go from one to the other, I get the feeling it'd annoy Ultimate fans lol.

Certainly had one of the better establishing they were a couple moments in the various iterations.
    Yeah, was kinda funny that I decided to check Chat out of boredom, plus back then I was wondering if I just didn't like comic books anymore since I was reading **** like Slott's Spidey, and a bunch other comics and just not really enjoying any, then I check out Marvel Adventures, Chat turns out to be an interesting love interest, and I'm finally having fun with a comic's adventures lol.

One of the biggest disappointment with Marvel Adventures being gone is that Chat's gone, which is too bad, she was cool.

Glad that's more or less died down after he left.
    Hopefully he doesn't deal with this kind of bullshit with Iron Man or Fantastic Four.

Hm, yeah, kinda surprising, but I can see some reasons, like how they shouldn't have been demonically divorced to begin with to need to search for a replacement, or that Ultimate Peter and MJ were still too young for the more serious parts of a relationship, much less marriage.

Better that fans didn't go from one to the other, I get the feeling it'd annoy Ultimate fans lol.
    Can see why some would say "we shouldn't have to get a replacement" (recall that the Spider-Girl series was the main replacement recommendation then). I also get that high school sweethearts are a different thing from a married couple (jokes that Ultimate Peter and MJ were married for all intents and purposes aside). While I did come into comics through Ultimate, so I do have the bias, I guess I saw a series with the characters being a relationship period seemed like the main point of importance more then the marital status.

Yeah, was kinda funny that I decided to check Chat out of boredom, plus back then I was wondering if I just didn't like comic books anymore since I was reading **** like Slott's Spidey, and a bunch other comics and just not really enjoying any, then I check out Marvel Adventures, Chat turns out to be an interesting love interest, and I'm finally having fun with a comic's adventures lol.

One of the biggest disappointment with Marvel Adventures being gone is that Chat's gone, which is too bad, she was cool.
    Yeah, wouldn't want her to replace MJ in other stuff, but, as it's own thing, it worked. Probably my favorite Spider-Man girlfriend beyond MJ herself.

Hopefully he doesn't deal with this kind of bullshit with Iron Man or Fantastic Four.
    I don't follow either franchise, so I have no clue what his reception has been. I'd assume that people who'd already decided they love or hate him will continue to do so. On the other hand, based on the stuff he did in ASM, I kinda think his love of writing wacky sci-fi stuff and over the top adventure would make them a better fit for him then Spider-Man was.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

IDk but she and Peter belong together. Seems like Pete will never be happy with anyone that isnt her.