Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh man I've definitely read some cool epilogues, but totally drawing blanks right now.

Great thread though!

BANNED

The top that come into my brain is that Justice League Unlimited episode with older Batman Beyond as Batman closing story.

Seymour reaching for Rorschach's journal at the end of "Watchmen."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I always loved the epilogue by of the JSA: Kingdom arc from Geoff Johns and Alex Ross. The one where we see what happened to KC Superman after the story ended and how it lead up to the Legion of Superheroes era.
    Yup. You win the thread.

Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow? was basically the epilogue to Pre-Crisis Superman
    Johns GL epilogue
    Mike Carey’s last issue of Lucifer

The end of Hitman? I don't know if it counts as an epilogue, but that final scene with Tommy's dream is just magical. Also the whole JLA and Punisher special, with the reporter interview with Clark, that definitely is an epilogue.

Edit: JLA/Hitman, I don't know why I wrote Punisher.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-30-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The end of Hitman? I don't know if it counts as an epilogue, but that final scene with Tommy's dream is just magical. Also the whole JLA and Punisher special, with the reporter interview with Clark, that definitely is an epilogue.
    I think you mean JLA/Hitman. I don't think there's a way, even if DC and Marvel were at a point again where they'd be willing to do crossovers again, you could do a bonafide team-up of the JLA and the Punisher. The JLA fans would expect the JLA to completely take down the Punisher in no more than two pages, while the Punisher fans would be demanding a "Punisher Kills the JLA" story.

It may be fanboyish of me, but Wally becoming the Flash at the end of COIE was, for me, a signal that stuff WAS really going to be different and it was truly a new age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It may be fanboyish of me, but Wally becoming the Flash at the end of COIE was, for me, a signal that stuff WAS really going to be different and it was truly a new age.
    More broadly, the entire COIE epilogue, including the bit with Superman and Power Girl at the Fortress, comforting each other over Supergirl and Kal-L.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I think you mean JLA/Hitman. I don't think there's a way, even if DC and Marvel were at a point again where they'd be willing to do crossovers again, you could do a bonafide team-up of the JLA and the Punisher. The JLA fans would expect the JLA to completely take down the Punisher in no more than two pages, while the Punisher fans would be demanding a "Punisher Kills the JLA" story.
    Oh, yeah, is JLA/Hitman. Anyway, that was a great epilogue to Tommy's story.

Swiss army nerd

The end of DC 1 Million. Kyle Rayner gets brief flashes of what could be basically the epilogue of the DC universe - Superman Prime brings back Lois Lane and all of Krypton, future utopia defended by worlds of heroes inspired by ours, ending with Clark turning to Kyle and giving him a wink. Everything's gonna be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do you mean the flashes of the future and how the GLs all turned out? I'd say it qualifies as an epilogue.
    Exactly, I think it was issue 20. The whole Sinestro telling the story of the Earth Lanterns was great.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Justice League America 60. Epilogue to the breakdowns event and the final issue of the Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire run.

Comics don't get any more poignant than this, if you need proof that Maxwell Lord was never a villain, look no further than this issue.