The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default DC-themed Halloween Challenge (just for fun)

A DC-themed Halloween challenge.

You are dared to spend eight hours inside a haunted house that has a reputation that makes the haunted houses featured in THE AMITYVILLE HORROR and THE CONJURING seem mild and tame by comparison. An evil demonic spirit is said to haunt the house. Over the years, many have entered, but none have emerged alive or whole.

You, however, are granted the power of SHAZAM and a fully-charged Green Lantern power ring. Thus equipped, do you take the challenge, and how well do you expect to do?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yes, i will take the challenge and I think I might do well, but my version is on the Fun Side.

The wisdom of Solomon tells me to take a full Halloween bag of candy to give to the spirit. All of those others just barged in, stayed the night, never paid anything or gave the spirit anything. On Halloween, everyone including spirits, want candy!

I would use the Power Ring to make a fist to knock on the door before entering. After entering, I would use the ring to make a light so that I could see over the eight hours. I would also use it to play music. Then I would use the power of Zeus to call the spirit. When I arrives, I will explain why I am there and offer to play board games. I then bring out all of the old favorites, such as checkers, chess and Yahtzee. (I use the wisdom of Solomon as much as possible to win the games) I ask the spirit which songs it wants to hear and play them. I ask the spirit to dance to some of them. I use the courage of Achilles not only to enter the house, but talk and ask the spirit all of these things! I know it is not happy with me, but so far it has not harmed me. Maybe it just needs someone who can understand it?

Then halfway through the night, the spirit negates my power ring light. It still works, but not as a light. So I use it to make a big ball that we throw around the house. When I am having too much fun, the spirit gets angry and rattles everything and makes eerie noises! Despite the courage of Achilles, I run into another room in pure fright!

There, I decide to read to the spirit, some of those old books like War and Peace. Throughout, ghostly noises can be heard from time to time. I just keep reading. When I finish the book, I decide to tell the spirit about television shows, such as the "Real Housewives". I go into detail about ALL of the different shows. The house shakes, and rumbles and the scary noises almost drive me insane!

I look at my watch, and see that I only have 2 minutes left of the 8 hours! I thank the spirit for a "fun" evening. I then give the spirit the bag full of candy and wish it "happy Howl-er-ween!" and with the speed of Mercury, hotfoot it out of there!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, i will take the challenge and I think I might do well, but my version is on the Fun Side.

The wisdom of Solomon tells me to take a full Halloween bag of candy to give to the spirit. All of those others just barged in, stayed the night, never paid anything or gave the spirit anything. On Halloween, everyone including spirits, want candy!

I would use the Power Ring to make a fist to knock on the door before entering. After entering, I would use the ring to make a light so that I could see over the eight hours. I would also use it to play music. Then I would use the power of Zeus to call the spirit. When I arrives, I will explain why I am there and offer to play board games. I then bring out all of the old favorites, such as checkers, chess and Yahtzee. (I use the wisdom of Solomon as much as possible to win the games) I ask the spirit which songs it wants to hear and play them. I ask the spirit to dance to some of them. I use the courage of Achilles not only to enter the house, but talk and ask the spirit all of these things! I know it is not happy with me, but so far it has not harmed me. Maybe it just needs someone who can understand it?

Then halfway through the night, the spirit negates my power ring light. It still works, but not as a light. So I use it to make a big ball that we throw around the house. When I am having too much fun, the spirit gets angry and rattles everything and makes eerie noises! Despite the courage of Achilles, I run into another room in pure fright!

There, I decide to read to the spirit, some of those old books like War and Peace. Throughout, ghostly noises can be heard from time to time. I just keep reading. When I finish the book, I decide to tell the spirit about television shows, such as the "Real Housewives". I go into detail about ALL of the different shows. The house shakes, and rumbles and the scary noises almost drive me insane!

I look at my watch, and see that I only have 2 minutes left of the 8 hours! I thank the spirit for a "fun" evening. I then give the spirit the bag full of candy and wish it "happy Howl-er-ween!" and with the speed of Mercury, hotfoot it out of there!
    EXCELLENT!

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    EXCELLENT!

Thank you. So glad you liked it! It was fun to write.