Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

X of Swords started out interesting(the Wolverine and Storm issues mostly), but now I'm just ready to see some action. It's getting pretty boring now.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wow, those pages are gorgeous. Really love those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    X of Swords started out interesting(the Wolverine and Storm issues mostly), but now I'm just ready to see some action. It's getting pretty boring now.
    This is the nicest thing I’ve seen you say about the current era. I’m glad there was finally something you enjoyed. I’m being genuine here.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is the nicest thing I’ve seen you say about the current era. I’m glad there was finally something you enjoyed. I’m being genuine here.
    Huh? I've been enjoying the current era for the most part(Wolverine and X-Force mostly). I didn't think I posted enough for some to notice any of my negative posts and that's only when I see negative posts concerning Logan lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Huh? I've been enjoying the current era for the most part(Wolverine and X-Force mostly). I didn't think I posted enough for some to notice any of my negative posts and that's only when I see negative posts concerning Logan lol.
    Maybe I’m confusing you with another poster. But I feel like every review thread you post that you didn’t enjoy the book. Although as a mod I try and peek in on every thread occasionally so maybe I’m seeing something that’s not there also. Either way my mistake.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

If I don't see a cool ass fight scene involving swords soon I'm gonna scream. I'm enjoying the story but it's starting to feel like this just gonna be 22 chapter's of exposition for Apocalypse.

So the colors are quite gorgeous but at the same time...seeing the same penciler go from Marte Gracia to another colorist feels like a stepdown.

Astonishing Member

Not sure how to better describe it. But this feels like they took classic Apocalypse and gave his personality to Genesis in order to make the retooled Apocalypse who stands there more sympathic looking.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    My dude's just chilling and his girl just comes out being all "LMAO fucking wuss, what's this zen bullshit"

I'm almost feeling sorry for him, but I love that Apocalypse is finally being bitten back for all he did. That soul crushing pain is the least he deserves. I really hope he continues to grow from this.
    Yeah its like that sometimes lol

He gonna smack the shyt outta her.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    My dude's just chilling and his girl just comes out being all "LMAO fucking wuss, what's this zen bullshit"

I'm almost feeling sorry for him, but I love that Apocalypse is finally being bitten back for all he did. That soul crushing pain is the least he deserves. I really hope he continues to grow from this.
    Exactly- he's dealing with people that learned this ideology for him and stayed in a perpetual state of war for thousands of years, but yet didn't experience loss and defeat like he saw over and over for mutantkind. For all the talk, his family and children wouldn't last long on Earth, because they didn't learn to be flexible- even if the X-men didn't stop them, some of the other heroes would, and even if they didn't, the machines would (hell, they did in life 9).

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

We get it. Apocalypse isn't the biggest jerk ever anymore. Laying it kinda thick. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was referring to the graphics and stuff. They all seem to be made the same regardless of the artist of each comic.
    It is the same artist, He was the same graphic artist who did HOX/POX. I feel bad I can't remember his name. Excellent work regardless

Yeah it's Tom Muller who does the graphic design of the books including intro pages, logos and stuff, so I guess that includes data pages too

Preview looks stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    So the colors are quite gorgeous but at the same time...seeing the same penciler go from Marte Gracia to another colorist feels like a stepdown.
    Its strange. There is a massive gap in quality, its hard to explain. The art is still quite good but it seems Gracia elevated Asrar's work to a new level it seems. I was just staring in awe at how vibrant the colors looked on Famine/Death in Stasis.