Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Come on guys. This story was advertised as a tournament of sorts. Lets get the hell on with it. Maybe 1/3 of the event will be about the tournament. Sadly knowing marvel expect a bunch of 4-8 page fight scenes or something crappy. ( I hope I am wrong but i know I'm not...)

I seriously wonder if the people in marvel ever watched a tournament arc in an anime. The **** writes its self.

Also I'm not hating on exposition in general, but a good chunk of it is very boring. zzzzzz
    Mostly Otherworld and Saturnyne. I can not for the life of me figure out why they were attached to this event, because they brought nothing interesting to the table. I would rather read about the Arakii, Amenth,and Arakko.

Also I rather the story not be a crossover. Should of just had Hickman write 10-15 issues or so, with Larraz doing a bulk of the art. ( They also could of had 1 great artist do all the covers for the issues like David Finch did for Second Coming, but this is in no way necessary...) The other ongoing would closely tie into the story ( assuming there is a decent tie in story to tell). Then sell it in an omnibus or whatever.
    Wasn't Gramov the one who did almost all Second Coming covers? I don't think Finch did covers on that...btw is Gramov a purely cover artist? Coz av never seen him do any actual issues ,which is a travesty if true.I love his rendering

BANNED

I think Granov only did interiors for the Extremis storyline in Iron Man and the rest was minor stuff. He seems to like the work with covers and concept art more. Can't say I blame him for it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think Granov only did interiors for the Extremis storyline in Iron Man and the rest was minor stuff. He seems to like the work with covers and concept art more. Can't say I blame him for it.
    Yeah, besides the money, he isn't the fastest artist.

Mighty Member

I’m interested in seeing how they interact and size each other up during this banquet. I’m not sure if we need two or three issues for it, but I’m excited for it. For me the biggest moving forwards have been the X of Sword one off issues. I like how the others provide some insight and side stories that involve the quest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Looking at all your posts on this board, you are never positive about the X-Men and repeated that you dropped all books. So maybe this is not your cup of tea.

This crossover builds up well and I think that's good. Just 22 issues of plain fighting that would be boring. Think this quality approaches AoA, Messiah Complex and House of M.
    Agreed this is probably one of the Marvels most well-paced events and I'd rather they spend the majority of these issues defining character motivations and world-building. Because let's be honest despite the Shounen set up these sword battles are going to be lackluster as hell superhero comics just can't seem to nail down Dynamic fight scenes like mangas can.

BANNED

When are they gonna get to the fireworks factory??

Fantastic Member

What do you think? By tomorrow night, will we have seen the tournament start yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    What do you think? By tomorrow night, will we have seen the tournament start yet?
    Check the preview
    GrindrStone(D)