Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    wow. this is as good as The Killing Joke:
    • Batman may or may not have killed the Joker at the end of the story; the author left it intentionally vague.
    As I remember, no one put into question that Joker was alive at the end of TKJ until Morrison came with his own interpretation years after the fact.

... so what exactly happened to the bodies of the "expired" Jokers? I can see some cult trying to put those bodies into a lazarus chamber, or extracting blood samples for DNA related experiments. Joker-ized mercenary soldiers in the future?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

No, it added nothing. But it wasn't the worst riff on Killing Joke. Some good thematic exploration.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so what exactly happened to the bodies of the "expired" Jokers? I can see some cult trying to put those bodies into a lazarus chamber, or extracting blood samples for DNA related experiments. Joker-ized mercenary soldiers in the future?
    The Joker formula alters DNA apparently. So no go in that regard

Fantastic Member

I'm not sure anything Post Morrison and Court of Owls has added anything to the mythos. Anything meaningful, anyway.