Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's just returning to her free-spirited days before the marriage.
    Her battle with Death will be a passionate duet in the boudoir and he will be so drained and smitten, he will happily forfeit. They spend the rest of the contest in bed and Ororo emerges transformed into Death's consort and they rule over a safe and united Arakko.
    The Storm/Death connection is definitely an intriguing one. It will be interesting to see how they develop Death and possibly this connection they seem to be foreshadowing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm loving the build-up. Rather than just villains coming in for the X-Men to fight, we're getting a lot of dimension with these new characters. Lots of shades of gray.
    Yes. I agree the slow pace and character development is adding to the significance of the event should things go down. If they were sword slinging the entire event or even a vast majority of it with other characters we know very little about how would it all matter? I'm also wondering about the concept of the event. It's X of Swords, but the X of Swords is true for both sides, not just Krakoa as both sides had to find ten swords. So it seems like it's about possible redemption for both sides and perhaps the 10 swords aren't for war against each other...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Cause nothing else is happening! Wtf are we gonna talk about? 14 issues introducing a conflict that shows no signs or having any resolution by the end. Arrako doesn’t mean anything unless it has some form of narrative significance. Right now it’s just arrako wants to conquer krakoa but they can’t because of rules. The big bad of this event is literally bureaucracy, which could be interesting except nobody is pointing out the obvious truth is that other world is delaying the fight cause they don’t want either side to win and if they never fight it’s not a problem. That’s a story, but we are not getting that story. I just don’t see either krakoa or arrako being this calm about this situation. And at this point I truly believe there will be no fights and the premise was a trick
    Yeah, I think this interpretation is full of it. Bureaucracy would suggest that all the cast would be caught up in a never ending collection of "you gotta complete this to do the thing." and that's clearly not the case. You wanna complain about the pacing, have at it, but in terms of what's actually happened on page... it's ridiculously simple. Other World isn't having these groups jump through a billion hoops you could be talking bout any number of things, but don't frame it like it's not silly preamble. Half of both teams already had their swords on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Yes. I agree the slow pace and character development is adding to the significance of the event should things go down. If they were sword slinging the entire event or even a vast majority of it with other characters we know very little about how would it all matter? I'm also wondering about the concept of the event. It's X of Swords, but the X of Swords is true for both sides, not just Krakoa as both sides had to find ten swords. So it seems like it's about possible redemption for both sides and perhaps the 10 swords aren't for war against each other...

What's redemption got to do with Ten of Swords? It's a tarot of betrayal and loss.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 11-01-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

What if by tournament's end it is revealed that Saturnyne only wants to recruit 10 captains to be permanent guards, so in the end all the winners are compelled to work together at her beck and call..Otherwise she'll just let Arrako have its own gate to Krakoa, one she will open. It wouldn't be beyond her to pull a move like this

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    It's a book focused on Storm, the member of the team that's relevant to the event. You wanna complain about Iceman Bishop and Pyro not getting spotlight, go ahead. But maybe not do it in the event where most regular team members have no role. Emma and Kate have also been missing, and I'm pretty sure most would say they're not getting no spotlight regularly.
    Can't really entertain your point when you're not even cognizant of the fact this a team book, and the previous issues were about guess who, Kitty and Emma. Your detracting addresses nothing of the facts that the writer needs to be off this book. The event is covering for his inability to write this team.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Can't really entertain your point when you're not even cognizant of the fact this a team book, and the previous issues were about guess who, Kitty and Emma. Your detracting addresses nothing of the facts that the writer needs to be off this book. The event is covering for his inability to write this team.
    But this thread is specifically about issue #14 which is specifically about this event which specifically highlights Storm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Jaspers could kill Saturnyne with the blink of an eye. Hell, he has almost killed her like that before. So why would he submit to her? The only thing I can think of is that Saturnyne is playing sides against each other to keep her power against these stronger beings: Roma against Merlyn, Fury against Jaspers and so on.
    Saturnyne’s power has clearly increased since she took over the citadel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What if by tournament's end it is revealed that Saturnyne only wants to recruit 10 captains to be permanent guards, so in the end all the winners are compelled to work together at her beck and call..Otherwise she'll just let Arrako have its own gate to Krakoa, one she will open. It wouldn't be beyond her to pull a move like this
    That I definitely can see. She’s definitely doing this to consolidate her power and letting it be known to everyone she is in charge.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But this thread is specifically about issue #14 which is specifically about this event which specifically highlights Storm.
    Your astute logic is wasted, Sibling...better spend that effort and time in the GL downing a few. What are you having? I'm buying.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Caselli makes Storm real mommy material. Add that to the way Dauterman draws her in the covers and it isn't hard at all to see why Death is acting like an actual dog.
    You can tell Caselli REALLY likes drawing Storm

Thats a great take. Makes sense when you consider Excalibur 13, when she promised to restore the Cap Britain corps of Otherworld

Agreed with what the others said. I like this take a lot. Otherworld is so wacky and it seems power is constantly changing hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Your astute logic is wasted, Sibling...better spend that effort and time in the GL downing a few. What are you having? I'm buying.
    Thanks, Sibling. I'll have a Mutatini please. You're the very best!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Yeah, I think this interpretation is full of it. Bureaucracy would suggest that all the cast would be caught up in a never ending collection of "you gotta complete this to do the thing." and that's clearly not the case. You wanna complain about the pacing, have at it, but in terms of what's actually happened on page... it's ridiculously simple. Other World isn't having these groups jump through a billion hoops you could be talking bout any number of things, but don't frame it like it's not silly preamble. Half of both teams already had their swords on hand.

What's redemption got to do with Ten of Swords? It's a tarot of betrayal and loss.
    This comes from Biddy Tarot as a description of the Ten of Swords card

UPRIGHT: Painful endings, deep wounds, betrayal, loss, crisis

REVERSED: Recovery, regeneration, resisting an inevitable end

Ten Of Swords Description
    The Ten of Swords shows a man lying face down, apparently dead, with ten swords in his back. A red cape drapes over the lower half of his body as a sign of dignity as he leaves this world. While the dark sky is ominous, the sun is rising on the horizon, bringing a renewed sense of hope and opportunity. The calm sea in the background also brings solace, suggesting that even in times of darkness, there is a sense of peace and calm to be found.

So it's not just a card about loss and betrayal, it also includes recovery and regeneration.

Is anyone else hoping Death looks like a mix between Mahershala Ali and Marwan Kenzari under that dog helmet?
    So it's just me then? That's Fine

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne’s power has clearly increased since she took over the citadel.
    I don't doubt that, I do doubt that she's stronger than all the other forces so what I can guess is that she's playing them against each other and they're using her as an arbiter between each other, a way to keep themselves in check.