Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I like how Cypher is standing alone to the side

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol...damn.
    Maybe Pestilence isn't just her mutant name...

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I like how Cypher is standing alone to the side
    He's got Warlock tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Maybe Pestilence isn't just her mutant name...

He's got Warlock tho
    Does Hickman knows Doug and Betsy past story?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's just returning to her free-spirited days before the marriage.
    Her battle with Death will be a passionate duet in the boudoir and he will be so drained and smitten, he will happily forfeit. They spend the rest of the contest in bed and Ororo emerges transformed into Death's consort and they rule over a safe and united Arakko.
    I'm here for all of this. I remember Tini and Jordan saying "Storm" when asked which character's journey they like the most in the event, or something similar. Both were excited for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is basically a Cold War of super powerful beings. Neither is interested in open warfare. Now it makes more sense for Apocalypse to seat Jaime on the throne. He is basically the most powerful mutant Krakoa has. They need someone like him so Avalon isn't seen as weak.
    Great point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Storm was like, "Bitch, I ain't hardly scared of y'all" as she casually sipped her DRANK!!!
    I love it!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not every battle is fought with weapons that maim and kill, ending in bloodshed. And Victories and Losses can take many forms.

I was being quite flippant with my Storm vs Death example but...I do hope we see the various battles play out in a number of different ways as respective of the combatants involved.

But yes...King Death and his Queen, Storm: Goddess of Life -Puissant Rulers of Arakko
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-31-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I really hope they acknowledge this. She could help babysit him since Magik has Cable as well to "look" after.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Niffleheim

That cover of Death dipping Storm will forever make me hot lol!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Do we even know Saturnyne's current power level? We've seen her freeze time and perform all sorts of high level spells.

Mad Jim is extremely powerful but I wouldn't rule out Saturnyne since we really don't know where she's getting her power from or how much she actually has.
    Well, Mad Jim was strong enough to threaten the multiverse and he almost destroyed Otherworld in Die By the Sword. Saturnyne used to be just a normal human with maybe some mind control powers but the real source of her threat was that she was extremely intelligent and ruthless - both of those have stayed. Saturnyne is likely using the same energy that Merlyn once siphoned from the Lighthouse into the Starlight Citadel to enhance herself and her magic, except the thing is, that power was power on top of what Merlyn and Roma already had. It didn't make them super powerful, they were already that. So if anything, Saturnyne can be mentioned in the same conversation but I doubt she's on par with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The kingdoms of Otherworld are ruled by extremely powerful people, but none are extremely powerful enough to defeat the rest on their own.

It is in everyone's interest to have a central power to moderate among them. Mad Jim Jaspers is powerful.But enough to take on Monarch, The Fury, Merlyn, Malcador and Roma all at once? I doubt it.
    This is a good point, Saturnyne might just be the one that all these powerful people tolerate to have in that position to avoid them killing each other precisely because she is less powerful than them and is able to be an arbiter except for cold war conflicts as you've mentioned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I really hope they acknowledge this. She could help babysit him since Magik has Cable as well to "look" after.

After Betsy was rescued (See: New Mutants Annual #2) there was some romantic attraction between Doug and Betsy, but it didn't go anywhere since She was an adult and He was a teenager.

BANNED

Ok I give up! At this point I think the twist is everyone is just gonna fight Saturnyne and no sword bearers from either side fight each other or die. The entire premise of this crossover is a lie! Part 14 of a story about sword fights and it’s a dinner party. There will be no fights in this event it’s all a trick!

Incredible Member

"Absolute monarch of all she surveys. Her predecessor, Mandragon, obliterated an entire dimension - one whole universe - with the flick of a switch. Given sufficient cause, my friends... so will she." - Captain Britain from Excalibur #24, probably the preeminent issue before X of Swords that showed Saturnyne's power. It showed all of Excalibur afraid of her, her attraction to Captain Britain as well as how smart she was by repairing Widget.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Caselli makes Storm real mommy material. Add that to the way Dauterman draws her in the covers and it isn't hard at all to see why Death is acting like an actual dog.
    Lmao, from black panther to black hound, who knows maybe brother has game, after all the card she got was Death ,so maybe she'll take one for the team

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Do we even know Saturnyne's current power level? We've seen her freeze time and perform all sorts of high level spells.

Mad Jim is extremely powerful but I wouldn't rule out Saturnyne since we really don't know where she's getting her power from or how much she actually has.
    Maybe he's bored with being close to omnipotent so he is clowning around just like Jamie.

Astonishing Member

This has me worried , issue 13 and still the tournament has not
    yet begun? Hopefully that is the first page and the tournament begins soon after