Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Jaspers could kill Saturnyne with the blink of an eye. Hell, he has almost killed her like that before. So why would he submit to her? The only thing I can think of is that Saturnyne is playing sides against each other to keep her power against these stronger beings: Roma against Merlyn, Fury against Jaspers and so on.
    Do we even know Saturnyne's current power level? We've seen her freeze time and perform all sorts of high level spells.

Mad Jim is extremely powerful but I wouldn't rule out Saturnyne since we really don't know where she's getting her power from or how much she actually has.

I know we first saw the cover months ago, but this seems like a good time to be reminded that this may be the most gorgeous covers I've seen in years....

The kingdoms of Otherworld are ruled by extremely powerful people, but none are extremely powerful enough to defeat the rest on their own.

It is in everyone's interest to have a central power to moderate among them. Mad Jim Jaspers is powerful.But enough to take on Monarch, The Fury, Merlyn, Malcador and Roma all at once? I doubt it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The kingdoms of Otherworld are ruled by extremely powerful people, but none are extremely powerful enough to defeat the rest on their own.

It is in everyone's interest to have a central power to moderate among them. Mad Jim Jaspers is powerful.But enough to take on Monarch, The Fury, Merlyn, Malcador and Roma all at once? I doubt it.
    Exactly. While Jaspers could probably take Saturnyne, the other powers wouldn't be happy with him in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. While Jaspers could probably take Saturnyne, the other powers wouldn't be happy with him in charge.
    It is basically a Cold War of super powerful beings. Neither is interested in open warfare. Now it makes more sense for Apocalypse to seat Jaime on the throne. He is basically the most powerful mutant Krakoa has. They need someone like him so Avalon isn't seen as weak.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is basically a Cold War of super powerful beings. Neither is interested in open warfare. Now it makes more sense for Apocalypse to seat Jaime on the throne. He is basically the most powerful mutant Krakoa has. They need someone like him so Avalon isn't seen as weak.
    Now that you've mentioned it...that puts a lot of things in greater perspective.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now that you've mentioned it...that puts a lot of things in greater perspective.
    Insanity is not a factor in Otherworld's diplomacy, only power and cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I hope Storm literally dances with Death in this issue. They seem quite cordial.
    Pogg Ur-Pogg's budget Etrigan impression's already skating on thin ice with me.
    Another issue of no fighting, just political intrigue and verbal backstabbing? We're 1/2 way through and not a single sword has swung. Get on with it.

If Storm would have said "B1tch!!! That must be your top lip you're smelling".

I would have bought 100 copies.

Also, Death trying to throw some game.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-30-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If Storm would have said "B1tch!!! That must be your top lip you're smelling".

I would have bought 100 copies.

Also, Death trying to throw some game.
    I took as she was referring to something lower...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Had that happened, I would have let out a nasty cackle the likes of which I haven't since this similar incident...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Jaspers could kill Saturnyne with the blink of an eye. Hell, he has almost killed her like that before. So why would he submit to her? The only thing I can think of is that Saturnyne is playing sides against each other to keep her power against these stronger beings: Roma against Merlyn, Fury against Jaspers and so on.
    Didn’t Wanda strip him of his powers in the Decimation? Maybe it’s not fully back yet?

(Or, considering how little of the current Otherworld hives with all previous versions; Hickman couldn’t be arsed)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Is this the time-honored tradition of villains getting hot for Storm?

Doom and Dracula are shook.
    Are you implying that Death is a villain?

Mighty Member

Storm ain’t afraid of your dog ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Are you implying that Death is a villain?
    Are you implying he's not?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol...damn.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.