Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Now that you've mentioned it...that puts a lot of things in greater perspective.
    This is probably foolish on my part, but I hope they fill in the details behind King Arthur's absence and Morgan's time in charge of Avalon (although Tini Howard is rarely so straightforward in his storytelling). Someone's got to explain the rift between Roma and Merlin too, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    This is probably foolish on my part, but I hope they fill in the details behind King Arthur's absence and Morgan's time in charge of Avalon (although Tini Howard is rarely so straightforward in his storytelling). Someone's got to explain the rift between Roma and Merlin too, right?
    Maybe they can explain why an event focused on swords and magic and Avalon does not have the sword Excalibur in it lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    This comes from Biddy Tarot as a description of the Ten of Swords card

UPRIGHT: Painful endings, deep wounds, betrayal, loss, crisis

REVERSED: Recovery, regeneration, resisting an inevitable end

Ten Of Swords Description
    The Ten of Swords shows a man lying face down, apparently dead, with ten swords in his back. A red cape drapes over the lower half of his body as a sign of dignity as he leaves this world. While the dark sky is ominous, the sun is rising on the horizon, bringing a renewed sense of hope and opportunity. The calm sea in the background also brings solace, suggesting that even in times of darkness, there is a sense of peace and calm to be found.

So it's not just a card about loss and betrayal, it also includes recovery and regeneration.
    There's no statement of the tarot being reversed... so I don't put considerations to upside down tarot unless they're specifically highlighted as such. Otherwise you'd have to refer to both readings of every card, at which point they're useless cause all reverse readings are is essentially opposite effects.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    There's no statement of the tarot being reversed... so I don't put considerations to upside down tarot unless they're specifically highlighted as such. Otherwise you'd have to refer to both readings of every card, at which point they're useless cause all reverse readings are is essentially opposite effects.
    Well I can’t argue because I know nothing of tarot and such and was simply using this as a reference. However, I will say given the nature of the relationship between Arrako and Krakoa, Apocalypse and Genesis, as well as it being mentioned that this is truly a love story of sorts, I definitely won’t be surprised if the redemptive, regeneration piece ends up being the end game of this storyline. That’s just my assumption though which again for me is the fun of this entire event. We’re being thrown so many different bones, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Is anyone else hoping Death looks like a mix between Mahershala Ali and Marwan Kenzari under that dog helmet?
    So it's just me then? That's Fine
    Oof, cosigned.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!