Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pitch A Direction: Cir-El

Inspired from the Pitch A Direction thread for Linda Danvers, I remember that there was another Supergirl named Cir-El (or Mia), she has not made an appearance in post-flashpoint. I want to know what direction would you pitch for the character.

A young girl kidnapped by Brainiac and cybernetically modified. She is freed by Clark and Kara and tries to adjust to normal life.

Under Tomasi or Jurgens, since some writers are simply incapable of writing kid characters or don't like to, have her be kid Jon's baby sister.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 10-31-2020 at 12:21 AM.

What a great concept wasted.

She can be Jon's sister from the future comeback, and not knowing she is a sleeper agent.

She can be Conner Kent's clone twin sister, but wasn't released when he was, and with different powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What a great concept wasted.

She can be Jon's sister from the future comeback, and not knowing she is a sleeper agent.

She can be Conner Kent's clone twin sister, but wasn't released when he was, and with different powers.
    Her being Conner's clone reminds me of Honey Badger (X-23's clone), I would not mind that.

I do not have an actual direction for Cir-El as I do not know that much of the character, I was looking at her profiles from the DC Wikia website and it does remind me of the 90's Superboy.

Mia could just be a human where Brainiac kidnaps her by looking at his database to find potential beings from his foreknowledge technology to be used as a countermeasure for Kryptonians. Mia was grafted with Superman's genetic template which interacts with her dormant metahuman gene and it alters her bio-field where she can absorb energy from the yellow sun and gain but the processing allows her to channel and manipulate wavelengths of solar energy (red, orange, yellow, blue, etc.) so not only she could depower Kryptonians she can enhance them.

After seeing DC Future State and with Supergirl TV show ending soon. I would not mind if Kara becomes Superwoman which leaves the codename 'Supergirl' for Mia or she could have a different codename.

We could go with a time displaced Jon's daughter. So she is the granddaughter of Superman.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.