Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Is Norah not filming this herself?
    Yeah, folks are just pushing too hard for MJ to be relevant. There is no indication that MJ is holding the camera phone; seems pretty clear that it's Nora. It doesn't even make sense to think it's MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Yeah, folks are just pushing too hard for MJ to be relevant. There is no indication that MJ is holding the camera phone; seems pretty clear that it's Nora. It doesn't even make sense to think it's MJ.
    To me it looked like a television screen that MJ was touching... not a camera. So it could of been her just watching the broadcast somewhere. The screen was way too big to be from a camera anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    People are assuming it's MJ because the bracelet and cuff of the jacket matches what she was shown to be wearing in the last .LR issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    To me it looked like a television screen that MJ was touching... not a camera. So it could of been her just watching the broadcast somewhere. The screen was way too big to be from a camera anyway.
    It looked like the hand was actually in the footage instead of outside of it, because we know Felicia is the one watching it from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People are assuming it's MJ because the bracelet and cuff of the jacket matches what she was shown to be wearing in the last .LR issue.

It looked like the hand was actually in the footage instead of outside of it, because we know Felicia is the one watching it from the computer.
    Didnt catch that it was Felicia watching and thought hand in footage may have been coloring mistake, anyway i guess well see if it is MJ or not, maybe not if its never followed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Didnt catch that it was Felicia watching and thought hand in footage may have been coloring mistake, anyway i guess well see if it is MJ or not, maybe not if its never followed up on.
    I mean, it would be kind of weird to show a character with the exact same bracelets you showed the books female lead wearing in the big splash page of last issue only for it to turn out not to be her, but stranger stuff has happened .

Not gonna lie, it’s hilarious seeing Speedball show up just to job especially with how much of a tool he’s been since Civil War.

Incredible Member

Never mind

We were really baited into thinking that this issues were about a new spider team, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    We were really baited into thinking that this issues were about a new spider team, huh.
    theres still hope someone could save them
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This whole Order of the Web really turned out to not be what anyone was expecting...

Fantastic Member

Unless the solicits are misleading, they'll be back to their senses in two .LRs. Looks like Strange and Black Cat will work together to break em free

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I mean, outside of #ASM50.LR's cover, did they really talk if Order of the Web would get focus? I forgot already.

In hindsight, was naíve I even kinda considered this, considering the preview focused on Norman, plus they were all possessed, though I did think they'd be depossessed quickly, but yeah, naíve lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    theres still hope someone could save them
    They'll definitely be saved, question is if they'll be saved in time to do something for the plot, which sounds unlikely.

This whole Order of the Web really turned out to not be what anyone was expecting...
    Says you, while I kinda thought that was done to give them a name for adventures in 616, what I really expected was for them to be disappointing, and unfortunately, I was right .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Says you, while I kinda thought that was done to give them a name for adventures in 616, what I really expected was for them to be disappointing, and unfortunately, I was right .
    I guess I just expected Marvel to do better considering they were hyping them up so much in solicits and the fact that it, ostensibly, behooves them to promote the other Spiders better, but I guess from a Peter-centric perspective Spencer is using them fine in that respect.

I guess I just expected Marvel to do better considering they were hyping them up so much in solicits and the fact that it, ostensibly, behooves them to promote the other Spiders better, but I guess from a Peter-centric perspective Spencer is using them fine in that respect.
    I wouldn't say "fine", if it was "fine" they'd have more moments while not taking over the plot too much, which funnily enough, Hunted kinda did this with other characters, kinda because they did take over the plot for a bit lol, and anyways, outside of Gwen and somewhat Miles (Only in ASM#48, with the talk with him), there's just not a point for all of them to be gathered outside of giving Kindred strength in numbers.

Honestly, in another hindsight, shouldn't have expected much, 2099 arc hyped up Miguel, even giving him some adventures to reach Peter, once he does, all he does is be essentially be a battery for Clairvoyant, fucking Lyla was more of a character in that story than him, which, by the way, where the **** is Lyla? She just stopped showing up in Clairvoyant after the 2099 arc, and is never said to have left it, and when Miguel is on that beach, he tries to contact her, but she doesn't reply, so she didn't go back to him either... Is she gonna suddenly return once Clairvoyant becomes important to the plot again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I wouldn't say "fine", if it was "fine" they'd have more moments while not taking over the plot too much, which funnily enough, Hunted kinda did this with other characters, kinda because they did take over the plot for a bit lol, and anyways, outside of Gwen and somewhat Miles (Only in ASM#48, with the talk with him), there's just not a point for all of them to be gathered outside of giving Kindred strength in numbers.

Honestly, in another hindsight, shouldn't have expected much, 2099 arc hyped up Miguel, even giving him some adventures to reach Peter, once he does, all he does is be essentially be a battery for Clairvoyant, fucking Lyla was more of a character in that story than him, which, by the way, where the **** is Lyla? She just stopped showing up in Clairvoyant after the 2099 arc, and is never said to have left it, and when Miguel is on that beach, he tries to contact her, but she doesn't reply, so she didn't go back to him either... Is she gonna suddenly return once Clairvoyant becomes important to the plot again?
    Well, "fine from a Peter-centric perspective" to me just meant that for people who are purely fans of Peter and who probably aren't too worked up about the other Spiders and their lack of relevance to Peter, their use here as obstacles or wallpaper that doesn't take over the plot from him isn't too much of a problem. It is for their actual fans, though.

At least it doesn't seem like the Order of the Web is trying to sell fans on a new line of comics that isn't going to be happening like the 2099 arc tried to do with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.