Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Raijin, the Japanese God of Thunder and Storms is sad to eat children that do not hide their belly buttons.
    Dude. That's messed up.

I'd be sad if I had to eat children, too. Especially over something so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'd be sad if I had to eat children, too. Especially over something so silly.
    It was because he was born dead and has no belly button himself so it is a reminder of his un-natural birth.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I was mostly being silly. you said "Raijin, the Japanese God of Thunder and Storms is sad to eat children" and I assumed you meant 'said'.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I was mostly being silly. you said "Raijin, the Japanese God of Thunder and Storms is sad to eat children" and I assumed you meant 'said'.
    Yeah my keyboard is not the greatest

Baldur's only weakness is mistletoe, I think the last God Of War game used this in its story line.

Loki learned this and tricked Baldur's blind brother to kill him with a mistletoe lased spear.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 11-06-2020 at 08:49 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yup. And the rest of the story is that Baldur was going to be resurrected, if everyone in the Nine Worlds cried for him. And everyone did... except Loki, who was on the lam and posing as an old woman.

But it's cool. Baldur inherits the throne after Ragnarok.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dude. That's messed up.
    The Shinto moon god coldly murdered the goddess of food at a dinner party she hosted simply because he felt the food, while still delicious, wasn't presented adequately. In other words, he thought that only a 4/5 Yelp review warranted DEATH.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yup. And the rest of the story is that Baldur was going to be resurrected, if everyone in the Nine Worlds cried for him. And everyone did... except Loki, who was on the lam and posing as an old woman.

But it's cool. Baldur inherits the throne after Ragnarok.
    And if I remember correctly, Odin had a son with a giant after Baldur was denied resurrection. This Son grew to manhood in a day, killed Baldur's blind brother and, imprisoned Loki in a cave tied down to a slap with his (Loki's) son's intestines and, a snake constantly dripping poison in his face. His (Loki's) wife tries to catch all the poison in a bowl but when she has to pour out the full bowl he gets hit by the poison and this hurts him so much that his convulses causes earth quakes.

Makes me really wonder what those Vikings were smoking. As far as I know, there is no peyote in Norway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boisterously Confused

And if I remember correctly, Odin had a son with a giant after Baldur was denied resurrection. This Son grew to manhood in a day, killed Baldur's blind brother and, imprisoned Loki in a cave tied down to a slap with his (Loki's) son's intestines and, a snake constantly dripping poison in his face. His (Loki's) wife tries to catch all the poison in a bowl but when she has to pour out the full bowl he gets hit by the poison and this hurts him so much that his convulses causes earth quakes.
    If I remember the stories correctly, Loki was a nuisance, but not really a menace up until the Baldur incident. His participation in Ragnarok resulted from his anger over the punishment you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Makes me really wonder what those Vikings were smoking. As far as I know, there is no peyote in Norway.
    No peyote, but they supposedly had magic mushrooms.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    The Shinto moon god coldly murdered the goddess of food at a dinner party she hosted simply because he felt the food, while still delicious, wasn't presented adequately. In other words, he thought that only a 4/5 Yelp review warranted DEATH.
    It was how the food goddess prepared the food, She ripped the meet with her teeth and pulled food out of her orifices, he (the moon god) was repulsed so he killed her. When his wife the sun goddess found out she left him and now he spends the rest of eternity chases after her across the sky thus creating day and night.

Boisterously Confused

It was how the food goddess prepared the food, She ripped the meet with her teeth and pulled food out of her orifices, he (the moon god) was repulsed so he killed her. When his wife the sun goddess found out she left him and now he spends the rest of eternity chases after her across the sky thus creating day and night.
    I started to say something about Shinto being graphic, but then I recalled how Kronus/Saturn deposed his father Uranus. Gaia asked him for help because she was getting tired of constant marital demands, and helped him make the sickle that is his symbol. Kronus snuck up on Uranus en flagrante delicto, and castrated him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I started to say something about Shinto being graphic, but then I recalled how Kronus/Saturn deposed his father Uranus. Gaia asked him for help because she was getting tired of constant marital demands, and helped him make the sickle that is his symbol. Kronus snuck up on Uranus en flagrante delicto, and castrated him.
    Didn't Kronus get the same treatment by Zeus? Who then tossed the forcibly cast off castration remnants into the sea...thus begot Aphrodite??
    GrindrStone(D)