Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Didn't Kronus get the same treatment by Zeus?
    He did. Zeus also raped his own mother.

They must have interesting thanksgiving dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    He did. Zeus also raped his own mother.

They must have interesting thanksgiving dinners.
    Is there any mythology that doesn't feature a lot of murder, rape, incest? It's pretty hard finding any that don't feature all three, much less none of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Didn't Kronus get the same treatment by Zeus? Who then tossed the forcibly cast off castration remnants into the sea...thus begot Aphrodite??
    Yes, basically. She was formed by foam coming (poor choice of word?) off the severed genitals. Aphrodite is often pictured rising from the sea amid sea foam. Or is it?

Greek mythology was a big part of my learning elementary school. You know, kid stuff!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes, basically. She was formed by foam coming (poor choice of word?) off the severed genitals. Aphrodite is often pictured rising from the sea amid sea foam. Or is it?

Greek mythology was a big part of my learning elementary school. You know, kid stuff!
    In Egyptian Mythology the first god created the universe through masturbation. I don't know a mythology that if you really look into it being kids stuff.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Boisterously Confused

Didn't Kronus get the same treatment by Zeus? Who then tossed the forcibly cast off castration remnants into the sea...thus begot Aphrodite??
    I had not heard that one, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Zeus chucked old Kronus into Tartarus, along with all of the other Titans except Atlas (for whom he had even a more d***ish plan), and Promethus, who had a pretty good deal going until he gave man fire.

ETA: didn't Zeus keep a few of the Lady Titans around?
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-10-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Aphrodite came from Uranus's umm ball foam in one telling, In Homer's Iliad she is the daughter of Zeus and some other goddess... Zeus got around.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    In Egyptian Mythology the first god created the universe through masturbation. I don't know a mythology that if you really look into it being kids stuff.
    Well, back when these myths were developed, kids were getting married at, what, 12? Earlier? Kids today are sheltered, these concepts aren't harmful (to my opinion).
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, back when these myths were developed, kids were getting married at, what, 12? Earlier? Kids today are sheltered, these concepts aren't harmful (to my opinion).
    I think it is more their society taboos were way different than the ones we have today. I think that even older people will shy away from some of this stuff. The Kings in Egypt would masturbate into the Nile River and on to corps to help with fertilization, Adults today would not take to their leaders doing such things in public.