Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sean Connery Dead At 90

Sean Connery, the Scottish-born actor who rocketed to fame as James Bond and became one of the movies’ most popular and enduring international stars, has died. He was 90.

Connery, long regarded as one of the best actors to have portrayed the iconic spy, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2000 and marked his 90th birthday only in August. His death was confirmed by his family, according to the BBC.

Connery was an audience favorite for more than 40 years and one of the screen’s most reliable and distinctive leading men. Once pigeonholed as Ian Fleming’s sexy Agent 007, he went on to distinguish himself with a long and mature career in such films as “The Wind and the Lion,” “The Man Who Would Be King” and “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.”
    https://variety.com/2020/film/actors...90-1234820498/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just heard about it. Damn! 2020 continues to such to an astronomical degree.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

He was great in James Bond movies. I loved him in Highlander, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, The Untouchables, and a few other films. He was a talented actor at the peak of his life. He won an Academy award oscar.

At 90, he lived a long life. He must have lived a very good life. Being a rich and famous celebrity, he had everything a man could ask for. He left some very amazing films behind. RIP, Sean.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

one of the favorite opening tracks to one of my favorite movies, starring one of my favorite actors.

"we sail into history!"

Boisterously Confused

Farewell Mr. Bond.

Astonishing Member

Oh man, this is so sad to hear. I was never a Bond guy but I loved him in The Last Crusade and really enjoyed him in Red October and The Untouchables. It’s a shame that League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen will forever be his last movie, but at least he had a good career before that. RIP Sir Connery.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-31-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

This is actually the worst celebrity death for me. Idolized then man as a kid watching those early Bond films. Was like the one celebrity I really cared to meet someday. Absolute legend.

SO many great films!

Random memory: it wasn't the best movie, but I remember when he popped up at the end of "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" with Costner (and Slater, his costar from "Name of the Rose") the audience applauded - me included. Best thing about that movie.

I liked him as Indiana Jones father. I hope he had a good and mostly happy life. RIP

Oh my...that one hurts.

RIP to a legend.

I've been dreading this day. R.I.P. Sean Connery, I will miss you more than I can put into words.

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I hope he enjoyed retirement, but part of me always hoped he'd make at least one more appearance in film. Anyway, still the best of the Bonds in my book, rip.

Dang, considering he'd completely disappeared as of late from public eye in any capacity, I figured it was likely he wasn't well. Still a jolt to see that headline though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Peace OG.

Last edited by Styles; 10-31-2020 at 11:16 AM.