Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hahaha. Cage had such an fun dynamic with him in this film.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

RIP Juan Sánchez-Villalobos Ramírez. Pour one out.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

he's gone to join owlsly.

god speed, dr.jones.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Farewell, Mr. Bond.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Goodbye Mr. Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I hope he enjoyed retirement, but part of me always hoped he'd make at least one more appearance in film. Anyway, still the best of the Bonds in my book, rip.
    From everything he said, he loved his retirement. He had endless offers to do another movie but he said retired means retired and he loved it too much to do another movie.

Rest in Peace, Sean Connery.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I hope he enjoyed retirement, but part of me always hoped he'd make at least one more appearance in film. Anyway, still the best of the Bonds in my book, rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    From everything he said, he loved his retirement. He had endless offers to do another movie but he said retired means retired and he loved it too much to do another movie.

Rest in Peace, Sean Connery.
    That said, he DID come out of retirement once- to voice James Bond in the video game adaptation of 'From Russia With Love'.

RIP Mr. Bond.

Astonishing Member

My dad has his complete set of movies.

Did he choose to retire in the Bahamas due to some of the Bond films being filmed there (Mostly Thunderball)? After all, he became interested in golf after that scene in Goldfinger...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That said, he DID come out of retirement once- to voice James Bond in the video game adaptation of 'From Russia With Love'.

RIP Mr. Bond.
    Also the animated film Sir Billi. (Whose character's likeness looks a bit like Connery).

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Doesn't it just figure Halloween 2020...
    Frick!

RIP
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

RIP Mr. Bond.
    I didn't know that. I believe his last movie was "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Maybe not the best movie to go out on but still okay. I remember an interview where he said he was regularly offered cameos and had to explain that retired includes cameos. I believe he was in the Bahamas? He said studios would offer to film his scenes or scene there so he didn't have to undergo the strain of traveling. But, again, retired.

Maybe he still held a special place for the James Bond role by that time in his life to do even the voice.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Unhappy

When I heard Roger Moore pass away in 2017 I was working at my current job and now it figures I heard Sean Connery why working at my current job as well, shocked me.

Sean Connery for me as a child can not begin to describe what icon meant to me and I was certain to many who I grew up with. He was one of the 1st actors that I can remember who easily become my favorite before you knew of such a thing as favorites. In any role he was in he stold out as the center of movie, he had that presance to him you could not help to admire and want to be like.

Sean Connery for me as a kid growing up in the 90's made being old Cool! From The Rock (1996), to Entrapment (1999), to Medicine Man (1992), to The Hunt for Red October (1990), to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), to Even The Avengers (1998), Sean was the king of Acting and coolness to me as a kid that made me feel and gave me hope that even one day when I hope to get luck to live to be an old man that I could still be as cool and as gentleman as he was. This too was way before I even become a Bond fan as well later on, this was the kind of impact Sean Connery had on me.

Pierce Brosnan was the man that introduced me to James Bond and his films in the 90's, it was soon after that thanks ot the Goldeneye Video Game, then in the early 2000's special marathons on TV and DVD sets of the other James Bond movies that I got introduce fully Sean Connery as bond, a Man Younger then I knew in the 90's but lost no less of his Gentleman coolness and whit!

Any Role he played I enjoyed and the man stold out well as hero on the Big Screen of Her Majesty's greatest heroes and gentleman.

This one hurts cause it is the end of an era and the lost of a man that transcended his roles and he alone become an icon himself of just who he was, even being knighted.

But I will now always celebrate the man with what he gave to us and how his work will inspire us years to come and his roles will teach us what it means to be a Gentleman actor.

God's Peace and Prays to you Sean Connery, Thank You for Everything you gave to Me and Many Other!

Last edited by CJStriker; 11-01-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I didn't know that. I believe his last movie was "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Maybe not the best movie to go out on but still okay. I remember an interview where he said he was regularly offered cameos and had to explain that retired includes cameos. I believe he was in the Bahamas? He said studios would offer to film his scenes or scene there so he didn't have to undergo the strain of traveling. But, again, retired.

Maybe he still held a special place for the James Bond role by that time in his life to do even the voice.
    I think Sean was kind of a mostly private man most of the time. The reason I think he left Bond in the first place was that he was often annoyed by the paparazi attention, Especially during YOLT, and I think that wasn't great for his marriage either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Sean was kind of a mostly private man most of the time. The reason I think he left Bond in the first place was that he was often annoyed by the paparazi attention, Especially during YOLT, and I think that wasn't great for his marriage either.
    All of the above and I think he had a fear that maybe he was a one character wonder and wanted to know if he was going to have a career beyond James Bond. Obviously, he did.