Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you believe in ghosts?

Happy Halloween, but do you believe in ghosts and the supernatural phenomena?

Have you had any stories or experiences with the spiritual world?

I can't say I do, except once when I was in high school and played the Ouija... I don't know if it was my mind playing games with me, but I kind of felt it moved by itself.

I've also heard stories from other people, but I have no proof it really happened.

Edit: I just realized I posted this topic in the wrong forum. Please move it to another if necessary. sorry.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-31-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Yes. There is an afterlife. The rest I'm not so sure about, but that I am.

Astonishing Member

I shouldn't but some part of me does.

I guess it's better than there being no afterlife at all.

Yes.

But I also want to see/experience it for myself. Not for a lack of trying mind you, just seem to have awful luck.

Astonishing Member

I believe there could be some phenomena we don't understand.

Whether it's ghosts or something else, who can say?

Incredible Member

one thing that is universal on this earth , there is stories of ghosts in every culture on every country in this world.

loves the spooky videos on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yes.

But I also want to see/experience it for myself. Not for a lack of trying mind you, just seem to have awful luck.
    why ? just go randomnauting and who knows , maybe you'll get an adventure of a lifetime since it seemed to work for so many thrillseekers.

Mighty Member

I do, only because I saw and heard one that cannot be explained by hallucination or my synapsis misfiring. If it wasn't for that experience I'd probably be an atheist.

I've never seen a ghost and no one credible that I know of claims to have seen or experienced one.

So will have to go with "no".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I've never seen a ghost and no one credible that I know of claims to have seen or experienced one.

So will have to go with "no".
    I have never seen one, either, but my father and aunt swear that they saw my great-grandmother in their childhood house (she died in it before they were born). Therefore, I have to keep an open mind about ghosts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

No, I don't. I don't think there is any credible evidence for them and their very being is illogical.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

No. I don't believe in the supernatural in general. My understanding is ghosts are supposed to be the leftover spirits of people with "unfinished business" or who died a particularly horrible/violent death. Given that my go-to argument is, if ghosts were real and typically the result of horrific/violent deaths why don't you see hundreds of thousands of ghosts (or any) at the concentration camps like Auschwitz in Europe? I'd say a few reasons, first: ghosts don't exist. Second, deep down I think most folk know this is wishful thinking (ghosts mean souls which mean eternal life in some form, even if unpleasant). But projecting that wishful thinking onto something as sacred as the Holocaust crosses a line, even though if you follow the logic (as much as there is) there's really no better place on the planet for a ghost to haunt. You talk about the ghost of a woman stabbed to death a century ago in the old house up on the hill, nobody's going to blink an eye (in fact, might enjoy the story). You start that nonsense in a place like Auschwitz and somebody might (maybe should) slap you.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    one thing that is universal on this earth , there is stories of ghosts in every culture on every country in this world.

why ? just go randomnauting and who knows , maybe you'll get an adventure of a lifetime since it seemed to work for so many thrillseekers.
    As well as dragons and thousands of gods, so they must exist as well, right?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

There used to be ghosts, till the bigfoots ate them all. But that's alright, as the aliens later shot all those critters with disintegration guns, which is why we have no evidence of them.

Mighty Member

To coin a phrase: "No, but I'm afraid of them".

To believe in ghosts is to also believe in a just, merciful & loving god. Despite the protestations of the cross-humping mongoloids, I haven't seen evidence of neither.