Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Spider-Gwen never had the muscle of Bendis behind her.

Mighty Member

I think Spider-Gwen took off way more than anyone could have anticipated. Maybe not as much as Miles, but still pretty impressive considering she was designed to be a one-shot character and is now in a ton of adaptations and has tons of merchandising.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Miles debuted before the place got saturated with Spider-People and he managed to build a fanbase.

Spider-Gwen is just the re-animated corpse of a less popular love interest of Spider-Man with his powers.
    Been reading Clone Conspiracy, by any chance?

That never helped Miguel.
    It helped him not fall into near-total obscurity like most of the other major 2099 protagonists, and with cyberpunk as a genre being somewhat resuscitated by many of its warnings and predictions currently coming to fruition . . . I've still got somewhat high hopes for him, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I think Spider-Gwen took off way more than anyone could have anticipated. Maybe not as much as Miles, but still pretty impressive considering she was designed to be a one-shot character and is now in a ton of adaptations and has tons of merchandising.
    She's basically become the franchises Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That means all the 6 Spider-Women before her are basically Bette Kane .

Nor Ben Reilly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

more or less
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Mayday Parker is Helena Wayne in that she introduced the title and alter-ego that was inserted into the main continuity under a different character. Helena Wayne was Huntress first, and then in the main continuity you had Helena Bertinelli as the Huntress, just like Spider-Girl was given to Anya Corazon.

Though in Mayday's case, she was still the bigger deal. Helena Wayne never made it to 100 issues the way Spider-Girl did (the first and only female superhero, so far, to make it to 100 issues in an ongoing).

Miles has had more time to establish himself and might be seen as less "gimmick-ey?" Considering that she's getting a movie, though, don't think Spider-Girl is going into comic book limbo anytime soon.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

To be honest, she's kind of the Bette in this instance since she went by "Spider-Woman" before becoming "Ghost Spider" because Spider-Woman ended up being taken on 616 by another character. Like Bette went from "Bat-Girl" to "Flamebird."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nor Ben Reilly.
    Purposedly making Peter a piece of **** so Ben looks better, replacing Peter with him, and stripping Ben of his personality so he can be "Peter", definitely didn't do him any favors lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Mayday Parker is Helena Wayne in that she introduced the title and alter-ego that was inserted into the main continuity under a different character. Helena Wayne was Huntress first, and then in the main continuity you had Helena Bertinelli as the Huntress, just like Spider-Girl was given to Anya Corazon.

Though in Mayday's case, she was still the bigger deal. Helena Wayne never made it to 100 issues the way Spider-Girl did (the first and only female superhero, so far, to make it to 100 issues in an ongoing).
    I mean, if Anya is Marvel's equivalent to Helena Bertinelli (Which isn't exactly accurate since she was Araña first, and Marvel tried the whole Spider-Society vs Sisterhood of Wasp **** first), then this is definitely reversed when it comes to popularity, 'cause Bertinelli is far more known than Helena Wayne, not sure how much on the comics side, but I doubt there was much going on for Wayne since she died during the first Crisis I think, and only New 52 brought her back, kinda, but JL cartoon definitely made her known, meanwhile, while Mayday was consistently near cancellation range, she lasted for a really long time, and Anya just can't last, which isn't helped by how almost everything that could make her stand out was removed... Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Miles has had more time to establish himself and might be seen as less "gimmick-ey?" Considering that she's getting a movie, though, don't think Spider-Girl is going into comic book limbo anytime soon.
    Depends on the movie's quality, or if it's not cancelled lol.

But yeah, Gwen's big gimmick is just being a counterpart of Peter, where her universe has different stuff from the usual that is 616, and stuff like Murderdock can't work in an usual universe, though to be fair, Miles has the same villains issue, and right now Ultimate Goblin is in 616, so something like that could happen with Gwen too (Not saying it should, just that it could), but what Miles has over her is that his own supporting cast, while Gwen only gets counterparts of someone from 616.

Anyways, just remembered, weren't there plans for a Madame Web and Morbius movie? What happened to those?

To be honest, she's kind of the Bette in this instance since she went by "Spider-Woman" before becoming "Ghost Spider" because Spider-Woman ended up being taken on 616 by another character.
    I meant in popularity, 'cause Bette being the first Batgirl is pretty unknown, kinda like how Spider-Women are relatively unknown overall, with Gwen being the most popular one.

But yeah, in the way that she changed super-hero names (Though Bette changed costumes too), that's like Bette, which makes it kinda ironic lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-01-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Depends on the movie's quality, or if it's not cancelled lol.

But yeah, Gwen's big gimmick is just being a counterpart of Peter, where her universe has different stuff from the usual that is 616, and stuff like Murderdock can't work in an usual universe, though to be fair, Miles has the same villains issue, and right now Ultimate Goblin is in 616, so something like that could happen with Gwen too (Not saying it should, just that it could), but what Miles has over her is that his own supporting cast, while Gwen only gets counterparts of someone from 616.

Anyways, just remembered, weren't there plans for a Madame Web and Morbius movie? What happened to those?
    They made the Morbius movie.

They made the Morbius movie.

Huh, that Joker from Suicide Squad's playing him lol.

Honestly shocked this movie is actually coming out, 'cause, y'know, this is Morbius... Then again, Blade was also a random D-lister and got some alright movies, so maybe this can work.

I'll still be surprised if the Madame Web one isn't cancelled, Morbius at least has a story that can be told with him as the main character, a Madame Web is more complicated 'cause she was always strictly a supporting character, and I have a hard time imagining how to make her into a protagonist, though maybe because I only see her as Old Lady in the chair...

Now I'm kinda wondering if Marvel would resurrect her if the movie is made .

Or Ben Reilly.

Huh, that Joker from Suicide Squad's playing him lol.

Honestly shocked this movie is actually coming out, 'cause, y'know, this is Morbius... Then again, Blade was also a random D-lister and got some alright movies, so maybe this can work.

I'll still be surprised if the Madame Web one isn't cancelled, Morbius at least has a story that can be told with him as the main character, a Madame Web is more complicated 'cause she was always strictly a supporting character, and I have a hard time imagining how to make her into a protagonist, though maybe because I only see her as Old Lady in the chair...

Now I'm kinda wondering if Marvel would resurrect her if the movie is made .
    That movie would have been out for almost 3 months now if not for 2020, Venom: Let There Be Carnage would have already been out a month now too.