Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That sounds like the ASM movies, with Peter and "Gwen" lol.
    Well that sounded petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That sounds like the ASM movies, with Peter and "Gwen" lol.

And then he'll be the Galactus of the next universe .

I expect super-hero comic books to die off someday, and I'm sure Spidey will be the last one from 616 standing for a while, if history is any hint lol.
    Well....Venom and Eddie (Veddie?) is a popular pairing
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Miles is just more relatable to someone like me and he has definitely come a long way since his debate and in my eyes stands on his own as a great successor to the Spider-Man title. Gwen is great character as well I like her almost as much as Miles. To me I’ll take her over here he 616 version anyday and a lot of her earlier stories where very good compared to how they are now imo. Plus I’m not a big fan of the name change but to each his own.

Spider-gwen is awesome & popular.
    But regardless I think Marvel is aiming for a more diverse set of heroes.
    616 Main-Universe already has White Spider-women. Jessica Drew and there was also Julia Carpenter. Both white women.

For now I think Marvel would rather shine some spotlight on 616 minority spider-women Anya Corazon or Cindy Moon.

Add to that Marvels front running heroine is Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers. Who is a blonde blue eyed white woman.
    To top that Carol's equally popular best friend Spider-Woman. Is also a blonde white woman (dyed hair black)

Adding Spider-Gwen another blond blue eyed white woman.
    You can see why marvel may be toning spider-gwen a bit down lately.
    Last edited by la.forsaken; 11-04-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

They certainly aren't pushing Anya over Gwen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They certainly aren't pushing Anya over Gwen.
    I think a lot of that just has to do with the costumes. Gwen looks more like Spider-man than Anya since she has a full mask, not that exposed hair thing that personally annoys me. I get the wanting to look feminine thing, but the exposed hair is too much--and that's across the board for the Spider-women. Not like the Spider-men are exposing their hair.

That's part of why Gwen's hood was a design master stroke. She's like a regular Spider-man but the cloak is a non-gender specific way to make her look feminine.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-06-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by la.forsaken View Post
    Spider-gwen is awesome & popular.
    But regardless I think Marvel is aiming for a more diverse set of heroes.
    616 Main-Universe already has White Spider-women. Jessica Drew and there was also Julia Carpenter. Both white women.

For now I think Marvel would rather shine some spotlight on 616 minority spider-women Anya Corazon or Cindy Moon.

Add to that Marvels front running heroine is Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers. Who is a blonde blue eyed white woman.
    To top that Carol's equally popular best friend Spider-Woman. Is also a blonde white woman (dyed hair black)

Adding Spider-Gwen another blond blue eyed white woman.
    You can see why marvel may be toning spider-gwen a bit down lately.
    This does not have to be a racial issue. What about the possibility that he is a better character then Gwen, coupled with the Into The Spider Verse movie?

Astonishing Member

Spider-Gwen is kinda limited given she doesn't exist in 616 and is an alternate version of an already well-known version.

Miles is more marketable as a "main" Spider-Man, and fits into the bigger picture more naturally than Spider-Gwen does.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-06-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think a lot of that just has to do with the costumes. Gwen looks more like Spider-man than Anya since she has a full mask, not that exposed hair thing that personally annoys me. I get the wanting to look feminine thing, but the exposed hair is too much--and that's across the board for the Spider-women. Not like the Spider-men are exposing their hair.

That's part of why Gwen's hood was a design master stroke. She's like a regular Spider-man but the cloak is a non-gender specific way to make her look feminine.
    I don't know if it makes her look more feminine. I think the suit colors look more feminine than the hood does, especially when Ben Reilly has also sported a hood as well.

Although exposed hair is pretty common among female Superheroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Spider-Gwen is kinda limited given she doesn't exist in 616 and is an alternate version of an already well-known version.

Miles is more marketable as a "main" Spider-Man, and fits into the bigger picture more naturally than Spider-Gwen does.
    She definitely hasn't integrated into 616 as naturally as Miles has, even though they're trying hard to make it happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She definitely hasn't integrated into 616 as naturally as Miles has, even though they're trying hard to make it happen.
    They're trying, but I think it's almost impossible. The death of 616 Gwen has too much historical significance for comics. Another Gwen running around in 616, even when not interacting with Peter, will always feel weird. It worked in Into The Spider-Verse because we don't know if Peter B. even had a Gwen.

Their best bet is to reintroduce a carbon copy of Spider-Gwen with a different name into 616.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    They're trying, but I think it's almost impossible. The death of 616 Gwen has too much historical significance for comics. Another Gwen running around in 616, even when not interacting with Peter, will always feel weird. It worked in Into The Spider-Verse because we don't know if Peter B. even had a Gwen.

Their best bet is to reintroduce a carbon copy of Spider-Gwen with a different name into 616.
    I am not sure that is it. Gwen ( Original) has been dead for almost 50 years, and ASM 121 ( or even the Emma Stone version) does not matter for younger and (or) casual fans. I just do not think she is as good of a character as Miles ( sort of like Original Gwen not being on the same level as MJ). Does it mean she sucks? No she doesn’t, but I highly doubt she will catch Miles. I even think it is more likely that Miles passes Peter in popularity ( due to relatability issues), then Gwen catches up with Miles.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-06-2020 at 03:25 PM.

I'm sure Marvel would probably like to do what they did with Miles and re-arrange continuity to where this version of Gwen Stacy has always existed on 616, but that would completely throw the main Spider-Man continuity out-of-whack.

Now she's just stuck indefinitely in the dimension where a version of her died.

Cause one is a new character and another is just alternate copy.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Don't really understand this notion that "she hasn't take off".

It took her 2 years to make her first animated appearance- it took Miles 3. She has starred in the Marvel Rising specials, in which she's practically the lead alongside Kamala. Out of all the other other Spider-Women, she was selected to be co-lead of ItSV, despite her being the most recent one, and she's set to star in the Spider-Women spin-off. She has also made multiple video game appearances, also before any of the other Spider-Women and many other Spider-Men. She gets constant relaunches, any other comic book characters would be considered lucky to have a second try. She has been much more constant in Spider-Family crossovers than many members.

All of that since her creation in 2014. She has accomplished much more in a matter of 6 years than many other comic book characters with longer legacies.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 11-06-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    All of that since her creation in 2014. She has accomplished much more in a matter of 6 years than many other comic book characters with longer legacies.
    And faster then bigger names like Harley Quinn.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)