Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I was just watching one and it does have a mixed couple. Jingle Bell Bride. It is new for this year, but kudos to Hallmark for having it.

My one complaint, I love their mysteries and I don't know why they don't have any Christmas mystery movies. There are many authors which have a Christmas themed mystery. Many TV shows have a Christmas episode. I don't know why Hallmark doesn't do at least one.
    and OMG, they broke the mold, sorry for spoilers, but they moved back to the big city and didn't stay in the small town.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

and OMG, they broke the mold, sorry for spoilers, but they moved back to the big city and didn't stay in the small town.
    What ?! Scandalous
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I was thinking they could do a Hallmark Mystery Movie Cinematic Universe miniseries.

Like a teamup of Aurora Teagarden + Ruby Herring + Emma Fielding + Hailey Dean + Crossword Mystery Girl + Chronicle Mystery Girl + Gourmet Detective Guy + Martha's Vineyard Guy + Matchmaker Girl + Morning Show Girl + Picture Perfect Guy & Girl and the rest.

Maybe they could team up to break Lori Loughlin out of prison to do more Garage Sale Mysteries.

In all seriousness, I know it's hard to get everyone's schedules to sync up, but I wouldn't mind some crossover stories with these characters.

Boisterously Confused

I was just watching one and it does have a mixed couple. Jingle Bell Bride. It is new for this year, but kudos to Hallmark for having it.

My one complaint, I love their mysteries and I don't know why they don't have any Christmas mystery movies. There are many authors which have a Christmas themed mystery. Many TV shows have a Christmas episode. I don't know why Hallmark doesn't do at least one.
    Somehow, Slaughter On Christmas Tree Lane seems at odds with the formula they usually go for in these shows.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I once enjoyed a show and movie or two, but I felt that quite a bit was shmaltzy and bad acted.

Well to each their own, I think Hallmark has gotten quite good at feel good, family movies. I really enjoyed "The 12 Dates of Christmas." I really liked the actors chemistry and the plot.

From this channel, I really like the Darrow mysteries with Kimberly Williams and Tom Cavanagh.

It seems this week there is another movie with a mixed race leading couple in the Hallmark Mysteries channel. Asian and I think Hispanic. Cool.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 11-06-2020 at 06:13 PM.