Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Ah, that's one my disliked events. Interrupted other stories and some of those "twists" made absolutely no sense given the prior behavior of/information about those characters..
    I totally get (most?) folks distaste for Millennium. The Staton art isn't to everyone's liking. The goofy stereotypes ("A Japanese technocrat! A South African racist! An indigenous Australian who lives in Dreamtime! A super-flamboyant gay guy!") are a bit much. And yeah, Wally West's dad, Dr. Jace, and Karin Grace turning out to be Manhunter agents is a little tough to swallow.

But the series caught me in a good mood, and made some big swings (eg the whole hippy-dippy issue where the framing device was the Guardian and Zamoran "explaining the universe" by counting to 10). The basic premise alone gets bonus points for at least attempting something other than the usual "Cosmic Dave Is Here To Destroy/Re-Write/Punch the Planet/Universe/Multiverse/Megaverse" stuff we've been getting for the last few years.

So yeah, it's a flawed piece (with a dumb ending). But it's different, self-contained, and (mostly) harmless. Considering most of the more recent events, it could've been a lot worse.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have said for years Invasion was the perfect company wide crossover. It was short being just 3 months, but has long term effects. It also led to some great new books like L.E.G.I.O.N., Justice League Europe, and Morrison's Doom Patrol. Even all the tie ins were mainly bunched into one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Grant Morrison's Final Crisis.
    Definitely my choice too!

Boisterously Confused

Legends, I thought it better than CoIE.

Invasion would be my backup.

My favorite above them all probably doesn't qualify as it was all confined to Superman's titles: Panic in the Sky.

Incredible Member

i enjoyed underworld unleashed , not a fan of howard porter stiff art though. unfortunately , neron has been nerfed greatly since.a lot of villains underwent changes thanks to neron.

Incredible Member

Zero Hour.

10char

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Zero Hour.

10char
    zero hour tie-in issues were great fun , the event itself not so much . was just used as an excuse to forcefully killed off the jsa.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Infinite Crisis gets my vote.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

DC One Million. Every tie-in I've read is great.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have a question about that one. I remember a comic where Hank Henshaw had been defeated, presumably in a previous comic book, by Superman, Power Girl, Supergirl, and Krypto----the first you see him he's landing in a heap beside Prime. My question is was there a previous comic book where that fight was shown, or was it all off-panel, and if it was shown, what book was it shown in?

I only ever got to see that aftermath, and I was thinking the implied fight would have been worth seeing.
    No idea sorry
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    What was your favorite "event" - not including COIE?
    What about 52?

Astonishing Member

Far and away the Sinestro Corps War but it really wasn't a DC wide event, didn't care for Final Crisis but loved the Legion of Three Worlds part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Blackest Night and Brightest Day, no question. BN was just straight sci-fi, world-ending action, and it was brilliant. BD and the whole Deadman storyline was absolutely exquisite. After that, only Infinite Crisis comes close to either of these events.
    I agree. The two together were fantastic. It was such a drag that all the great stuff that was set up in Brightest Day was brushed away in favor of Flashpoint.

Legends, Sinestro Corps War, and the Trinity War

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

There are actually a lot of events that I like - particularly in the 90's when they were still novel to me and the jaded bitterness hadn't set in. However I feel like the quality really dropped after '96/'97. Anyways, I kept my list to my Top 5:

Invasion!

Eclipso: The Darkness Within

Zero Hour

Final Night

Infinite Crisis
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES