Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Marvel's actors adapted to the MCU?

I'm starting this thread because, considering all the rumors comming out, the idea of using the actors of previous Marvel films in the MCU could be tricky in several ways. I mean, there are some cases where they could add the actors from other movies to the MCU and several other where that idea would definitely not work. So, let's analyze this, shall we? I only focus on the most important characters of each movie:

1º) Blade's trilogy:
    + Blade: I would LOVE to see Wesley Snipes as Blade once more, but he's already 58 years old and I'm not sure it could work as good as then. (Back in the Expandables, Stallone told the old gang that time doesn't wait for anyone, which is true.
    + Abraham Whistler: Kris Kristofferson is already 84 years old, so I don't think they can use him anymore for that role.
    + Abigail Whistler: She could actually work as taking the role of her "retired" father.
    + Hannibal King: This one wouldn't be able to appear, considering most of people would want to see him as his "star role", Deadpool.
    + Deacon Frost: He died in his movie, but he could return an appear in the MCU.
    + Dracula: He died in his movie, but we all know Dracula ALWAYS return, sooner or later.

2º) The Fantastic Four:
    - This is a really tricky situation. I personally believe the movie that had better version to appear in the MCU was the original movie in the 2005, but we would have a lot of problems with some of the members of this team.
    + Reed Richards: Ioan Gruffudd, from the 2005's version, is the best option.
    + Sue Storm: Jessica Alba, from the 2005's version, is the best option.
    + Johnny Storm: In 2005, he was the actor who became Captain America; and in 2015, which was a complete mess, he was the actor who became Killmonger. Personally, Chris Evans is the best option, but it could cause a lot of problems in a world where his face matches with Captain America. And I don't know if the MCU would want him for a different role.
    + Ben Grimm: The 2005's version was a real fiasco, while the 2015 was more decent, as he was a creature capable of matching Hulk's power. Since we are talking about CGI's characters, maybe they could use some argument to explain the change of Ben Grimm.
    + Alicia Masters: I would like to see her again from the 2005's movie.
    + Frankie Raye: She had a minor role in 2005's movies, but they could adapt her role as "Nova" in case they couldn't use the Human Torch of Chris Evans. (I know it sounds bad, but it's just an idea, so I simply say it).
    + Doctor Doom: The version of 2005 would definitely work better, and he can stole tech from Tony Stark for his own armor, after all.
    + Silver Surfer: A CGI character, so I don't think there's a problem about who could play it and who couldn't. That's an advantage, don't you think?

I'll analyze more actors later.

I want to see Tim Blake Nelson come back as The Leader. (I know technically that was already the MCU but The Hulk movies are a bit of the red-headed stepchild)

I also want to see Lea Thompson come back when they formally reintroduce Howard the Duck.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-02-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm starting this thread because, considering all the rumors comming out, the idea of using the actors of previous Marvel films in the MCU could be tricky in several ways. I mean, there are some cases where they could add the actors from other movies to the MCU and several other where that idea would definitely not work. So, let's analyze this, shall we? I only focus on the most important characters of each movie:

1º) Blade's trilogy:
    + Blade: I would LOVE to see Wesley Snipes as Blade once more, but he's already 58 years old and I'm not sure it could work as good as then. (Back in the Expandables, Stallone told the old gang that time doesn't wait for anyone, which is true.
    + Abraham Whistler: Kris Kristofferson is already 84 years old, so I don't think they can use him anymore for that role.
    + Abigail Whistler: She could actually work as taking the role of her "retired" father.
    + Hannibal King: This one wouldn't be able to appear, considering most of people would want to see him as his "star role", Deadpool.
    + Deacon Frost: He died in his movie, but he could return an appear in the MCU.
    + Dracula: He died in his movie, but we all know Dracula ALWAYS return, sooner or later.

2º) The Fantastic Four:
    - This is a really tricky situation. I personally believe the movie that had better version to appear in the MCU was the original movie in the 2005, but we would have a lot of problems with some of the members of this team.
    + Reed Richards: Ioan Gruffudd, from the 2005's version, is the best option.
    + Sue Storm: Jessica Alba, from the 2005's version, is the best option.
    + Johnny Storm: In 2005, he was the actor who became Captain America; and in 2015, which was a complete mess, he was the actor who became Killmonger. Personally, Chris Evans is the best option, but it could cause a lot of problems in a world where his face matches with Captain America. And I don't know if the MCU would want him for a different role.
    + Ben Grimm: The 2005's version was a real fiasco, while the 2015 was more decent, as he was a creature capable of matching Hulk's power. Since we are talking about CGI's characters, maybe they could use some argument to explain the change of Ben Grimm.
    + Alicia Masters: I would like to see her again from the 2005's movie.
    + Frankie Raye: She had a minor role in 2005's movies, but they could adapt her role as "Nova" in case they couldn't use the Human Torch of Chris Evans. (I know it sounds bad, but it's just an idea, so I simply say it).
    + Doctor Doom: The version of 2005 would definitely work better, and he can stole tech from Tony Stark for his own armor, after all.
    + Silver Surfer: A CGI character, so I don't think there's a problem about who could play it and who couldn't. That's an advantage, don't you think?

I'll analyze more actors later.
    They said the cast Chris Evans as Cap only because his appearance as Johnny Storm was so long ago but they would normally never do that. Plus his Johnny Storm had no substance.

Interesting that you see Ben Grimm as the only character in the 2005 version to be lacking. The Michael Chiklis version is generally the only character in that version to be perceived by critics or the audience as having a significant amount of substance.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ben had complete story lines in both F4 films ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ioan Gruffudd‘s aged to the point where he’d make a great Reed Richards now.

Michael Chiklis was and could still be a great Ben Grimm.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ioan Gruffudd‘s aged to the point where he’d make a great Reed Richards now.

Michael Chiklis was and could still be a great Ben Grimm.
    Motion capture is a beautiful thing. Yeah, Chiklis was about as good a Thing interpretation as I can imagine.

I'd love to see old actors adopted over into new characters. But Yea there aren't any I want to reprise theyre role.

Like Snipes as the new Whistler but iono if he looks that much older then Ali really.

But yea no one I want brought over.

Fantastic Member

I Would Prefer Snipes a Fight Choreographer

Dracula won't be back. He's to busy playing Heatwave on Legends of Tomorrow :P

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Thanks for the legit LOL!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    They said the cast Chris Evans as Cap only because his appearance as Johnny Storm was so long ago but they would normally never do that. Plus his Johnny Storm had no substance.

Interesting that you see Ben Grimm as the only character in the 2005 version to be lacking. The Michael Chiklis version is generally the only character in that version to be perceived by critics or the audience as having a significant amount of substance.
    I wasn't talking about the character of 2005's Thing, but its design. I mean, come on! In the comics, the Thing is one of the few beings in the Marvel Universe capable to face Hulk's power. Therefore, the Thing had to be a creature similar is size and strength to Hulk; and yet, they gave use a man in a ridiculous rubber suit that MCU's Hulk would smash in one punch. The 2015's Thing was way more close to how the character should be, big and strong as Hulk. That is what I complain about the 2005's Thing. And about Chris Evans' Johnny Storm, it looked good to me, acting as an immature child inside the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I didn't know about that, thank you. But either way, Dracula is a character that can be interpretated by many actors; so it should be easy to find a replacement.

Well, anyway, I'm going to continue with more actors:

3º) Ghost Rider:
    *I know there is a Ghost Rider in the Marvel's TV-Series, but that is Robbie Reyes, not the original one. Also, all things considered, from this character, I only takes the first movie, as the second one was embarrassing.
    + Ghost Rider: I like Nicolas Cage's interpretation, and it could still work, as this is another character made through CGI, not importing his age. Also, his Hellcycle rocked!!
    + Roxanne Simpson: She could return perfectly along with Nicolas Cage.
    + Blackheart: He was defeated in the movie, but since he's a demon, he can always return.
    + Carter Slade: His actor is already too old, if you ask me, but it would be funny to see him again. (By the way, he also interpreted General Ross in Hulk's movie).
    + Mephistopheles: Sadly, the actor died; but since Mephistopheles is Satanas, I suppose it would be easy to find a new actor to interpretate him.

4º) Hulk:
    *All the other actors that interpreted Hulk on the big screen have a similar age to Mark Ruffalo. I believe they could work to bring several alternative versions of Hulk. I believe a new movie could work to bring the other actors from "The Incredible Hulk" back into the MCU, and solving the plot of Mark Ruffalo's relationship with Black Widow and ignoring Betty Ross.
    - Mark Ruffalo's Hulk was first "Classic Hulk", savage and childish, if you prefer. Then it turned into the Green Scar's persona, with his gladiator's outfit at Gamemaster's arena. Finally, in Endgame, we get Professor Hulk, which has strength and brain. Sadly, this Hulk is now out of service because of his arm. So, we would need a new "smashing hero".
    + Edward Norton should return to interprete Bruce Banner, and this should be a Banner from another reality who managed to cure himself of Hulk. This could bring back Betty Ross and the other characters from that movie.
    + Eric Banna's incarnation of Hulk could appear as the opposite, a Bruce Banner who was consumed by Hulk's persona and evolved into the one persona we haven't seen in the MCU: Joe Fixit, the Grey Hulk. This seems like an appropiated Hulk for smashing.
    + Besides brining back Betty Ross from the MCU, we should bring back Samuel Sterns too, as his transformation into the Leader was one of the biggest cliffhangers in the movie.

5º) Punisher:
    *Yes, I know the TV Series also had a Punisher, but that incarnation of Punisher was embarrassing, if you ask me. The versions of the latest movies were much better. Problem is, they were supposed to be linked, but changing the main actor was a mess.
    + Frank Castle: I believe Ray Stevenson was physically more similar to Punisher in the comics, although Thomas Jane had the human side of the character. If you vote for the looks, Ray would be the best option for a Punisher coming from another reality.
    + Microchip: I know it was killed, but his character in War Zone can appears without many difficulties in the MCU. After all, he simply stays as Frank's intel, so it's not like he need to be in good shape for battle.
    + Jigsaw: War Zone's Jigsaw was perfect, so it should be added to the MCU. Much better than the version from the TV-Series.
    + Russian: This was another magnificent character in the 2004's movie. Problem is, currently, I don't know if Kevin Nash still has the intimidating appearance for the role.

I'll bring more later.

Maybe Johnny is the grandson of Steve and Peggy hence the resemblance to Cap and he was chosen for the mission because of the latent super soldier serum in his blood. :P

I'm kidding. This is a terrible idea, please don't use this.

Astonishing Member

OK, let's continue.

6º) Spider-Man:
    *Considering the whole thing about the Spider-Verse, I believe this is the character whose "alternetive selves" could be easily introduced in the MCU; especially the villains, as they are the most diverse aspect on Spider-Man's movies.

+ Tobey Maguire could be introduced as an alternative Peter Parker from another reality. Considering his contact with Venom and temporal "fall to darkness", I believe he could represent the dark part of Peter Parker's persona. So, in the MCU, he could be adapted with the identity of Kaine Parker, although he would be a name for himself different of Spider-Man.
    + Mary Jane Watson: Kirsten Dunst could return as the REAL MJ, because Zendaya character is seriously WAY far away from it.
    + Ben Parker: Cliff Robertson is as dead as Uncle Ben, so no way.
    + May Parker: Rosemary Harris is already too old, so maybe it would be better to left her out.
    + Green Goblin: Willem Dafoe has quite years already, so I don't think he could work anymore as Norman Osborn. However, a resurrected Harry Osborn using the same outfit and equipment of his father MIGHT work better after all. I'm not sure, honestly.
    + Doctor Octopus: The actor has years too, but considering the CGI arms are where "the magic is", it might still work after all.
    + Sandman: There was already one in the MCU, but it was a fake; so introducing a real one sounds better. It's mostly CGI, so I don't think the actor's age will be a problem.

+ Andrew Garfield could appear as the Peter Parker from ANOTHER reality, and he could adopt the identity of Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider, in the MCU.
    + Gwen Stacy: Emma Stone's character died in the second movie, but maybe she could be adapted as the Spider-Gwen version of her. Now that would be interesting.
    + Captain George Stacy: He died in "The Amazing Spider-man", but he could be the one from a Spider-Gwen's reality, filling the place perfectly.
    + Uncle Ben and Aunt May: They are younger than the previous actors, but all things considered, maybe it would be better to left them out.
    + Lizard: A CGI character is easy to adapt, not worrying about the human actor.
    + Electro: He can definitely work, and it has been aprtially confirmed his return.
    + Rhino: Good human character, but his armor was quite stupid. The actor could return, they would have to readapt his armor and design.
    + Harry Osborn: Personally, the Green Goblin and the Harrys Osborn of Tobey Maguire was much better, so I would skip this one.

*If we talk about Venom, Tom Hardy's version is deffinitely better than the one from the third movie of Tobie Maguire. However, if Tobie's symbiote appears, Tom Hardy's symbiote could "absorb it"; which could give it the white spider's symbol he was lacking and an indirect link with Spider-Man.
    + Eddie Brock/Venom: Nothing to say, Tom Hardy's incanation is perfect, becoming his own character outside of Spider-Man's shadow.
    + Anne Weying: If Eddie is added to the MCU, Anne should too. I would personally love to she her again as She-Venom, because she's really... Something.
    + Cletus Kasady/Carnage: This character is older than he looks like, but considering how symbiotes work with CGI and stuff, he can definitely work in the MCU.

7º) Daredevil:
    *Yes, I know there's another Daredevil in a TV-Series, but I don't see him as good as the one from the movie, honestly.
    + Daredevil: I know the actor has been working recently as Batman, but honestly, there has been so many actors as Batman than I quite tired of Bats. I prefer Alfred as Daredevil.
    + Elektra: I would love to see this ninja again.
    + Kingpin: The actor died, so there's no way he can return. (Besides, an afroamerican Wilson Fisk was a great mistake; it didn't work at all as good at it did with Nick Fury).
    + Bullseye: This might be an excellent character to have in the MCU.
    + Stick: The actor is already quite old, but it MIGHT work in the MCU as just a sensei.

There's only one group left to end this.

I wasn't talking about the character of 2005's Thing, but its design. I mean, come on! In the comics, the Thing is one of the few beings in the Marvel Universe capable to face Hulk's power. Therefore, the Thing had to be a creature similar is size and strength to Hulk; and yet, they gave use a man in a ridiculous rubber suit that MCU's Hulk would smash in one punch. The 2015's Thing was way more close to how the character should be, big and strong as Hulk. That is what I complain about the 2005's Thing. And about Chris Evans' Johnny Storm, it looked good to me, acting as an immature child inside the team.
    Actually, I once got into a discussion with a friend of mine about that. My argument was that the Ferrigno Hulk wasn't that bad because it worked with the Thing many years later. His counter was that the two characters were drastically different. Even the smallest comic version of the Hulk is portrayed as being over seven feet and a thousand pounds. No real life bodybuilder is massive enough to look like the Hulk should look.

But the Thing is described as maybe 6'6" and 500 pounds and he's a lumpy pile of orange rocks. A good actor could and did pull it off.

Originally, they told Chiklis that he would only have to play the human scenes then play out the Thing scenes and they would CGI over him, that he wouldn't have to go through daily hours of makeup and appliances that were far, far more than "wearing a rubber suit". But he told then he wouldn't play the character if they did that, that he would sit through the hours of makeup and play it himself and thank goodness he did because Ben was the best character in the movie.

Nowadays, it's different. He could play it out and CGI has advanced to where they could perfectly copy his facial expressions and body language and make it work. The Boris Karloff days when an actor has to spend seven hours in a makeup chair are not necessary. But, at the time, CGI wasn't quite there. Chiklis playing it himself worked better.

There are many things that could be interesting but they probably won't happen.

I don't think we'll see anybody from any previous FF movie because it would create the idea in people's minds that those versions happened in the MCU. Aside from the aging factor. A CGI Chiklis Thing might be cool but he's too old to play the human part.

I would love to see Toby's Spidey and Garfield's. As I understand it though, both were supposed to be in the Spiderverse comic along with every version of Spider-Man from every medium. Yes, even the Nicholas Hammond version from the short-lived 1970s television show. But they couldn't get permission since Marvel doesn't have exclusive ownership of those versions.

Age aside, Reed, Ben and Susan from the 2005 FF would work. I can't really think of anyone for Johnny. Julian McMahon was a decent Dr. Doom.

As pure fan fantasizing, it's fun. When I was a kid, I played this game of who the FF would be in live action. I think it was Fred MacMurray as Reed, Don Grady as Johnny, Tina Cole as Sue and maybe Dan Blocker as Ben.