Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Earth-11's Donald Troy to appear in DC’s Very Merry Multiverse

Question

What the hell is he wearing in that pic? Are those pants, a skirt, a kilt, a hybrid of all three, what!? I wonder, could he even run or jump in those?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Have to wonder how many retconned he has.

Is anyone really interested in a gender-flipped Donna? I can't really see the point.

And "Donald" seems like a bad name for a Wonder-themed character in this day and age...

When I first saw the thread title for a second I read it as "Earth-11's Donald Trump to appear in DC’s Very Merry Multiverse", I **** you not.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone really interested in a gender-flipped Donna? I can't really see the point.

And "Donald" seems like a bad name for a Wonder-themed character in this day and age...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    When I first saw the thread title for a second I read it as "Earth-11's Donald Trump to appear in DC’s Very Merry Multiverse", I **** you not.
    This is exactly what my eyes saw lol.

It's unfair to the name "Donald" I guess, but that's the strongest association now.

What the hell is he wearing in that pic? Are those pants, a skirt, a kilt, a hybrid of all three, what!? I wonder, could he even run or jump in those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ahahah, yeah, me too!!

I know E-11 is the gender-reversed Earth, but I never heard of this Donald. I guess like Donna, he also has no code name.

You can do A LOT in Hammer pants, watch one of his videos.

Add me to the list of those who hate the name "Donald Troy" and I question the timing of this announcement.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

They're drop-crotch pants. I'm more intrigued by Aquaman's logo on his belt...

Incredible Member

And he's the protégé of Wonder Man, I'm guessing?

Astonishing Member

I like his design.

Honestly, and I can understand this just being a person thing, but I like it when they do male homages to and legacies of Diana/Wonder Woman. It's why I like Jason as a concept and character and why I'm pretty fond of Luciano Vecchio Wonder Woman fan OC of Wonder Boy. With how countless female character are inspired or some such from male heroes, I can appreciate one of the defacto highest profile female hero getting legacies and inspirations from her who are male and are proud of/show pride in their heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I like his design.

Honestly, and I can understand this just being a person thing, but I like it when they do male homages to and legacies of Diana/Wonder Woman. It's why I like Jason as a concept and character and why I'm pretty fond of Luciano Vecchio Wonder Woman fan OC of Wonder Boy. With how countless female character are inspired or some such from male heroes, I can appreciate one of the defacto highest profile female hero getting legacies and inspirations from her who are male and are proud of/show pride in their heritage.
    Well, it's reminiscent of Donna's old Post-Crisis costume, so points for that .

I don't think there's anything wrong with a male legacy involved with the Wonder Woman franchise, it's just DC generally doesn't treat the actual female legacies of the franchise well (and the franchise is meant to spotlight women in general to boot), so it's a difficult sell for the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is exactly what my eyes saw lol.

It's unfair to the name "Donald" I guess, but that's the strongest association now.
    I, too, had to do a double take. I've always hated the name "Donald" (except for the Duck), but nowadays it's even worse. Hoping they refer to him as Donnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I, too, had to do a double take. I've always hated the name "Donald" (except for the Duck), but nowadays it's even worse. Hoping they refer to him as Donnie.
    Or maybe "Don."

So the obvious question now is there a Donna Trump on Earth 11?