Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This would seemingly contradict Morrison's own work in multiversity:

Thanks for posting that, it confirms exactly who Jesse Quick is as mentioned in the description for the Very Merry Multiverse comic. If Jesse Quick is Flash's counterpart, and Kid Quick / Future State Flash is her niece/nephew (what do you call that in non-binary?) then Jesse must have a sibling. Cobalt Blue's counterpart, considering in the main universe he's Barry's brother?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks for posting that, it confirms exactly who Jesse Quick is as mentioned in the description for the Very Merry Multiverse comic. If Jesse Quick is Flash's counterpart, and Kid Quick / Future State Flash is her niece/nephew (what do you call that in non-binary?) then Jesse must have a sibling. Cobalt Blue's counterpart, considering in the main universe he's Barry's brother?
    I read a term for this just last night - "nibbling", a gender-neutral term for the child of my sibling. Super sweet.

By the Gods of Mount Olympus I can see it now.''Who is Donald Troy'' Enough is enough can we work on stories for our current heroes b4 we screw up some newbies.

I'm assuming there's a reason Dane--err-rrr...I mean 'Donald' Troy ..needs all of that extra room in his MC Hammer pants?

COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Oof- Throw it on the pile of other really bad ideas. After offering a refreshingly original new addition to the WW Mythos in Yara Flor, they’re just gonna follow it up with a gender-bent Donna Troy? Uninspired.

Well, at least they arent trying to push him, basically sight unseen, and giving him his own TV show or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Oof- Throw it on the pile of other really bad ideas. After offering a refreshingly original new addition to the WW Mythos in Yara Flor, they’re just gonna follow it up with a gender-bent Donna Troy? Uninspired.
    Well, most of Earth 11 is supposed to be the characters gender-bent anyway, so...

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-15-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Possible as Earth-11 Star Sapphire is still Carol but she's a hero, while Hal is GL and a villain. This would also explain why the Amazons are still female even though Wonderous Man is, well, a man.
    It's a little weirder than that. Even though E-11's Star Sapphire is Carol in name, she has so many of the personality traits of Earth-0's Hal that it's heavily implied that Hal was kinda sorta attracted to himself.

I want more Donna, not Donald...

Yay for parachute pants Donald!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yay for parachute pants Donald!
    He looks like Aladdin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's reminiscent of Donna's old Post-Crisis costume, so points for that .

I don't think there's anything wrong with a male legacy involved with the Wonder Woman franchise, it's just DC generally doesn't treat the actual female legacies of the franchise well (and the franchise is meant to spotlight women in general to boot), so it's a difficult sell for the fandom.
    Hmmm well that's an interesting angle to look at. Batman and Superman both have female sidekicks. The reverse is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd guess it's just an ancestor of Wonderous Man..
    Has anyone read anything with these characters?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Has anyone read anything with these characters?
    The Earth-11 set? Well there was a christmas special featuring the team above who is getting a series.
    And we saw the Justice League of this world during the 'cosmic road trip' Wonder Woman arc last year.