Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whats wrong with the arc wasnt it give Peter a power up?
    Thank you. Maybe because I was younger but I had no problem with compared to S*ns P*st. It was also my intro to Morlun.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank you. Maybe because I was younger but I had no problem with compared to S*ns P*st. It was also my intro to Morlun.
    My condolences for that terrible introduction for otherwise pretty cool character in Morlun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whats wrong with the arc wasnt it give Peter a power up?
    Pat Lee's art wasn't that great.

There were some notable WTF moments include Peter going into a lair of Doctor Doom's with an armored MJ and Aunt May.

We never quite learned what was wrong with Peter.

We never learned how Morlun returned.

The power-ups were redundant, since Peter received organic webbing years earlier, and got the iron spider suit in the next issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

For starters...
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I mean I wouldn't say that it's anywhere near JMS' best, but I thought it was a perfectly fine arc. Nothing great, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. I'm surprised that people think it's anywhere near OMD/Sin's Past level.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Ok so i decided to read it on part 6 right now jesus christ and I thought Spencers run cant have stable artist. Plus why so many writers

EDIT
    Ok now finished besides the different writers and artist. All I took away from this was them trying to give Peter a Power Up which they took away anyway.
    Last edited by Jman27; 11-03-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It's 2020 friend, they can all be bad
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Fantastic Member

Was that the one with the Queen and Peter giving birth to himself as a giant spider, or was that the one where Morlun ate Spidey's eye?

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Was that the one with the Queen and Peter giving birth to himself as a giant spider, or was that the one where Morlun ate Spidey's eye?
    morlun ate peter eye
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Only thing The Other has going for it is the brutal one issue fight between Spider-Man and Morlun drawn by Mike Deodato Jr in TASM #526. Rest sucks but it's nowhere near as bad as the terrible, terrible Sins Past and One More Day, that's why it doesn't get brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Only thing The Other has going for it is the brutal one issue fight between Spider-Man and Morlun drawn by Mike Deodato Jr in TASM #526. Rest sucks but it's nowhere near as bad as the terrible, terrible Sins Past and One More Day, that's why it doesn't get brought up.
    I’m all for brutal fights and so on. That fight was decent. Honestly It was just so simple and then we throw in the eye eating for shock value. Just very lame to me. This was supposed to be Spider-Man’s last stand. He went done way too easily compared to the dance Spider-Man had with morlun during their first encounter. Now that was epic.

However the fight in “the other” was just another simplistic fight that is essentially just two characters punching each other.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-06-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Like OMD, fans may not blame JMS completely for it because it was mandated by editorial, but above all, The Other just isn't as controversial as Sins Past and OMD, the bigger controversy is often the one that gets the most attention lol.
    Took the words out of my mouth, i never had any issues with it tbh. Gwen cheating on Peter with Osborn was terrible and OMD was Quesada's brainchild and that hurt the fans the worst.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth, i never had any issues with it tbh. Gwen cheating on Peter with Osborn was terrible and OMD was Quesada's brainchild and that hurt the fans the worst.
    There is no doubt that OMD is the worst ( although The Other ( like Silk) were not much better). What really bothers me about bad comics is the refusal of Marvel to admit certain comics flat out suck and should be erased or forgotten about ( like Year One was). I was just reading the OMD might be in the next Spider-Man movie. What makes them think that OMD in MCU is any better then OMD in 616? The answer is obvious: It certainly will be no better and if that rumor is true, I am not going to watch that movie because it would inspire a Paradise Hills level of hate in me ( that is my all- time most hated film and the only story ( besides OMD) that makes me angry thinking about it ( Silk and The Other come close)).