All-New Member

Default Avengers 38 teaser. Kindred related

Have you guys seen the teaser for things to come in the Avengers teaser? The issue deals with Mephisto on the cover. The first image is a skull with a centipede. I wonder who that might be related to?

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-marvel-event-2021/

who gave the guy who doesnt want to write avengers permission to use apocalypse
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by 3pointshooter View Post
    Have you guys seen the teaser for things to come in the Avengers teaser? The issue deals with Mephisto on the cover. The first image is a skull with a centipede. I wonder who that might be related to?

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-marvel-event-2021/
    Think we might be reading a bit too much into that. Spider-Man rarely crosses over into other comics. He tends to have little to no effect on other series and usually operates in his own world. So I wouldn’t read too much into this. Highly doubt that Mephisto appearing there has anything to do with the current events going on in ASM.

Ya never know though.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-04-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Yeah, Aaron has his own plans for Mephisto which are unrelated to ASM's Kindred story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So...turns out this issue was pivotal for Spider-Man after all, though tangentially.

spoilers:
    I saw the article from Bleeding Cool that Mephisto had been planning, plotting, and corrupting the Marvel Universe from the very beginning. He was the one who spurned Thanos to Earth, who corrupted Apocalypse, who turned the Hulk against the Avengers, and so many other things. But the author mentioned what if the plan also included corrupting Spider-Man? If Mephisto has bee active in the MU and has been popping up everywhere, then there's no reason it can't connect to OMD, arguably one of his biggest victories over a hero.

I definitely don't expect Jason Aaron to delve into OMD in Avengers, but it's definitely cool to see some type of reasoning.
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So...turns out this issue was pivotal for Spider-Man after all, though tangentially.

spoilers:
    I saw the article from Bleeding Cool that Mephisto had been planning, plotting, and corrupting the Marvel Universe from the very beginning. He was the one who spurned Thanos to Earth, who corrupted Apocalypse, who turned the Hulk against the Avengers, and so many other things. But the author mentioned what if the plan also included corrupting Spider-Man? If Mephisto has bee active in the MU and has been popping up everywhere, then there's no reason it can't connect to OMD, arguably one of his biggest victories over a hero.

I definitely don't expect Jason Aaron to delve into OMD in Avengers, but it's definitely cool to see some type of reasoning.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aaron's story is that he's been trying to prevent the Avengers from Assembling. The most this can do for Spider-Man is that he was behind some of Norman Osborn's plots and made the Symbiote crazy.
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If that's true, the Hulk bit being there is dumb, since Hulk is only really related to The One Below All now, since another demonic creature influencing him is weird, specially since Hulks have their own reasons to be the way they are...

I'm sure Starlin is gonna get pissed at Thanos just being Mephisto's bitch too with that influence lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    spoilers:
    Aaron's story is that he's been trying to prevent the Avengers from Assembling. The most this can do for Spider-Man is that he was behind some of Norman Osborn's plots and made the Symbiote crazy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe Mephisto wants Avengers gone because he hates the MCU
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

If Aaron has indeed got a big Marvel linewide event centered around Mephisto i don't see any chance that Spider-man won't at the very minnimum at least tie-in to the event. It would just be a huge oversight to have a Mephisto event and not have some type of memorable interaction between himself and spidey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    If Aaron has indeed got a big Marvel linewide event centered around Mephisto i don't see any chance that Spider-man won't at the very minnimum at least tie-in to the event. It would just be a huge oversight to have a Mephisto event and not have some type of memorable interaction between himself and spidey.
    I don’t really get how they reverse OMD in narrative without killing aunt may. It’s not like Mephisto lied about the deal and he delivered on it and has left Parker alone. I mean they can always just have him punch his way out but that feels very shallow. If he wants to back out of the deal he should lose the thing he gained that’s how contracts work lol