Default Difference between uncanny x-force and cables x-force team

Differences?????

One was led by Wolverine and the other by Cable. One had Deadpool and the other did not.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm assuming you mean Sam Humphries' Uncanny, and Hopeless's Cable and X-Force which ran simultaneously.

Cable and X-force ran under the premise that a group of fugitive mutants post AvX were acting to prevent apocalyptic visions had by Cable. The members were Cable, Domino, Colossus, Forge and Dr Nemesis; later joined by Boom Boom, and Hope.
    Hopeless had a pretty deft hand for characterisation and humour and wrote an entertaining book after a very ordinary first arc. It wasn't a particularly bloody "guns and claws" style X-Force; but worth a read.
    Larocca's art was very ordinary, sometimes poor. The browny orangey colouring was really dull. Late in the run Sandoval took over the art. He has a very stylised look, but definitely an improvement.

Uncanny X-Force was a loose grouping which initially came out of the Jean Grey school. I think initially on some sort of mission from Logan.
    Members were Storm, Psylocke, Spiral, Bishop and puck, and heavily featuring Fantomex.
    I think Humphrey's had some interesting ideas, (eg. I liked the Revenant Queen idea) but his execution of them was a bit sloppy. Also he often sacrificed characterisation, (his character's voices were never right) and a tight plot to do something cool.
    There's some really lovely art in this book on the other hand.

Both X-Forces ended in a deeply underwhelming crossover, which didn't let us know where many of the characters ended up; and particularly irritatingly left Bishop in both limbo, and in a moral gray area.

If I was going to read one, I'd recommend Cable and X-Force. The writing is better and it's also much funnier. I'd miss the art in the other book. Neither is really a must read though.
    "Self has no time for this."

I'd read Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 over both of those. And the current X-Force led by Cable.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'd read Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 over both of those. And the current X-Force led by Cable.
    No argument with that.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    No argument with that.
    Same here.

BANNED

One was led by Wolverine and the other by Cable. One had Deadpool and the other did not.
    All that needs to be said.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Cable and X-Force was a great book that probably was doomed form the start by Marvel getting greedy and trying to have two X-Force books at the same time. The Humphries X-Force book was just a mess and should be avoided.

And for as much as people try to hype up Spurrier as some big name draw his current X-Force books is selling less now that Cable and X-Force was selling when it was cancelled for his book.

Who said he was a big name draw? He's a very good, very underrated writer in my view. He should be a draw IMO, but as you point out, unfortunately is not.

The whole twist with Cable in issue #6, for instance, was genius. Of course, Rob Liefeld immediately claimed that was his original idea for Cable. I'm skeptical, though. He seems to have had a lot of different ideas for the character's origin if he is to be believed.

Who said he was a big name draw? He's a very good, very underrated writer in my view. He should be a draw IMO, but as you point out, unfortunately is not.

The whole twist with Cable in issue #6, for instance, was genius. Of course, Rob Liefeld immediately claimed that was his original idea for Cable. I'm skeptical, though. He seems to have had a lot of different ideas for the character's origin if he is to be believed.

Whoa, he really claimed that? I have to admit that I like the guy's general attitude, but talk about clinging to very faded glory quite often.