View Poll Results: What Golden Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • MORE FUN COMICS

8 16.00%
  • ADVENTURE COMICS

19 38.00%
  • ALL-AMERICAN COMICS

4 8.00%
  • ALL-STAR COMICS

13 26.00%
  • ALL-FLASH

15 30.00%
  • WORLD'S FINEST

19 38.00%
  • STAR-SPANGLED COMICS

6 12.00%
  • GREEN LANTERN

12 24.00%
  • LEADING COMICS

6 12.00%
  • BOY COMMANDOS

1 2.00%
  • SENSATION COMICS

26 52.00%
  • COMIC CAVALCADE

5 10.00%
  • SUPERBOY

10 20.00%
  • STRANGE ADVENTURES

11 22.00%
  • MYSTERY IN SPACE

14 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I picked Adventure Comics, Strange Adventures and Mystery in Space.

I feel DC should explore more their cosmic characters and places. A tour through DC space, there's a lot of good stuff out there. But requires deep knowledge

• Strange Adventures - Adam Strange Solo and upbeat stories

• Mystery in Space - Group with Captain Comet, Adam Strange, Vril Dox and rotating members solving mysterys....in space !!!11 travelling to a lot of planets

Captain Comet needs to loose his Mental Powers. He need to rely on his semi super strenght, flying and his blaster....occasionaly he could use teleport, but only as a last resort.
    Mental makes him uninteresting
    Last edited by the COMET; 11-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Retired

The curious thing is Adam Strange's classic run was in MYSTERY IN SPACE. It was only in the 1970s that he had a feature in STRANGE ADVENTURES, but only a couple of these issues had new stories, with the bulk of them being reprints. As well, when Adam Strange had his three try-outs in SHOWCASE (17, 18, 19), the first two issues advertised this on the cover as "Adventures on Other Worlds"--it was only the final try-out that had "Adam Strange" emblazoned on the cover.

And it was actually Captain Comet who was the headliner for STRANGE ADVENTURES from issue 9 - 44, 46, 49, edging out Chris KL-99, whose feature was in issues 1 - 7, 9, 11, 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The curious thing is Adam Strange's classic run was in MYSTERY IN SPACE. It was only in the 1970s that he had a feature in STRANGE ADVENTURES, but only a couple of these issues had new stories, with the bulk of them being reprints. As well, when Adam Strange had his three try-outs in SHOWCASE (17, 18, 19), the first two issues advertised this on the cover as "Adventures on Other Worlds"--it was only the final try-out that had "Adam Strange" emblazoned on the cover.

And it was actually Captain Comet who was the headliner for STRANGE ADVENTURES from issue 9 - 44, 46, 49, edging out Chris KL-99, whose feature was in issues 1 - 7, 9, 11, 15.
    Exactly Jim, it is curious. But nowadays we can see it's fun to feature Adam Strange stories in a book called Strange adventures, making it look like it means his adventures, the adventures of Strange.

Captain Comet already appeared in Mystery in Space in 2006, just after his first death in 52 week 31. Nice covers, not so nice stories. I'm still waiting for a improved story for this version of the character to be made, it's been more than a decade but i'm faithfull it will happen anytime soon. With his talking dog Tyrone helping him on missions wearing a strong humanoid armor.

But i liked that you took time to do that research.

Retired

When I was a youngster and there was no internet and few resources for finding comics, discovering that Adam Strange was actually in MYSTERY IN SPACE and not STRANGE ADVENTURES was a cataclysmic light bulb moment. Just as amazing as finding that Hawkman (Katar-Hol) had first appeared in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (not SHOWCASE as I assumed) and that he didn't get his own title right away but rather next appeared in MYSTERY IN SPACE with Adam. Those world-shattering revelations left a lasting impression on my psyche.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 11-19-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When I was a youngster and there was no internet and few resources for finding comics, discovering that Adam Strange was actually in MYSTERY IN SPACE and not STRANGE ADVENTURES was a cataclysmic light bulb moment. Just as amazing as finding that Hawkman (Katar-Hol) had first appeared in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD (not SHOWCASE as I assumed) and that he didn't get his own title right away but rather next appeared in MYSTERY IN SPACE with Adam. Those world-shattering revelations left a lasting impression on my psyche.
    I can relate. It's nice when we make discoveries like that, specially if by ourselves. You're right, it was so hard to have information before the internet, jurassic times, i don't think we can ever go back to those.

Today i'm used to dwelve in the mycomicshop catalog to find stuff like that, comicvine is also good to research on which book the character appeared and stuff.

The best of all is having this gigantic multiverse DC made available to us so we can explore like that. I just love it.
    Last edited by the COMET; 11-19-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Oh you know what would be cool, if they brought back Adventure Comics or Strange Adventures as an anthology series for the Justice Incarnate multiverse house of heroes characters.

You can’t tell me it wouldn’t be fun to have a series that continuously shows the adventures of Captain Carrot, Calvin Ellis, or Kingdom come kid flash.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.