View Poll Results: What Golden Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • MORE FUN COMICS

8 16.00%
  • ADVENTURE COMICS

19 38.00%
  • ALL-AMERICAN COMICS

4 8.00%
  • ALL-STAR COMICS

13 26.00%
  • ALL-FLASH

15 30.00%
  • WORLD'S FINEST

19 38.00%
  • STAR-SPANGLED COMICS

6 12.00%
  • GREEN LANTERN

12 24.00%
  • LEADING COMICS

6 12.00%
  • BOY COMMANDOS

1 2.00%
  • SENSATION COMICS

26 52.00%
  • COMIC CAVALCADE

5 10.00%
  • SUPERBOY

10 20.00%
  • STRANGE ADVENTURES

11 22.00%
  • MYSTERY IN SPACE

14 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which of These Golden Age Titles Would You Resurrect and Why?

Choose as many as you like. Let us know what you might do with the title.

And before anyone says anything, I don't consider THE GREEN LANTERN to be the same title as GREEN LANTERN. Maybe that's weird of me but so be it. I'd feel differently if they had kept the same numbering.

Boisterously Confused

I love me some anthologies.

I picked All-Flash, sounds like it if comes out now that it would be a good series to put the entire Flash Family under for the foreseeable future (even some of the multiversal flashes).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sensation Comics and Comics Cavalcade

Sensation, to put Wonder Woman on par with Batman and Superman who both have two books; All-Flash, so that we can get stories about other speedsters and not just Barry; and Adventure, which would be an anthology for the teen heroes, led by one of the Superboys.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

It would be cool to have another Flash comic, but I'm not sure I'm fond of the title "All-Flash". Sensation Comics still has a pretty decent ring to it. Another Wonder Woman book would be cool, but I think she would need kinda' visionary editorial and creative to really hold such a thing down, like what Superman got with Dan Jurgens, Mike Carlin, and co in the early 90s. Ideally, it would hopefully offer something the other Wonder Woman book doesn't. Perhaps another comic would help balance out WW's mythological leanings with her typical super hero stuff.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

These would all be 50 page giants published every other month:

ADVENTURE COMICS - Starring the Legion of Super Heroes and the modern adventures of the Justice Society of America in separate stories.

ALL-FLASH - Starring Wally West and a rotating member of the Flash Family usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.

ALL-STAR COMICS - Starring the World War II Justice Society and a solo story staring rotating members of the Justice Society(except Green Lantern - see below) usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.

GREEN LANTERN - Starring Alan Scott and a rotating member of his family(i.e. Jade, Obsidian, Thorn, Harlequin, etc.) usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.

SENSATION COMICS - Starring Donna Troy and a rotating member of the Wonder Family usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.

STAR-SPANGLED COMICS - Starring Starman(Jack Knight) and a rotating member of the Starman Family usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.

WORLD'S FINEST - Starring the Golden Age Superman and Batman. Back-up stories would rotate between the Atom(Ray), Black Lightning, and Zatanna.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    It would be cool to have another Flash comic, but I'm not sure I'm fond of the title "All-Flash". Sensation Comics still has a pretty decent ring to it. Another Wonder Woman book would be cool, but I think she would need kinda' visionary editorial and creative to really hold such a thing down, like what Superman got with Dan Jurgens, Mike Carlin, and co in the early 90s. Ideally, it would hopefully offer something the other Wonder Woman book doesn't. Perhaps another comic would help balance out WW's mythological leanings with her typical super hero stuff.
    I'd have one based around her mythology, and the other have her partnered up with the Wonder Girls.

As for Flash, the name isn't really important, but the speedsters do need more than one book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    GREEN LANTERN - Starring Alan Scott and a rotating member of his family(i.e. Jade, Obsidian, Thorn, Harlequin, etc.) usually in separate stories but occasionally there would be an all-inclusive arc.
    Isn't Thorn linked to Jay Garrick, not Alan Scott?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-03-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Boisterously Confused

Interesting. No votes for All-Star.

Retired

I'm a strategic voter. If I went with my heart, I would vote for all of these, but then that would negate any effect my vote had. So I just chose the four titles that are most important to me--those being MORE FUN COMICS, ADVENTURE COMICS, WORLD'S FINEST COMICS and MYSTERY IN SPACE.

MORE FUN was the first title that National Allied ever published--when it was NEW FUN. ADVENTURE COMICS was the second ongoing title that Major Malcolm launched--when it was NEW COMICS.

WORLD'S FINEST was the home for Superman and Batman adventures. D.C. still publishes Superman/Batman team-ups--they just never bother to put them under the WORLD'S FINEST umbrella--for what reason, as far as I can tell, it's just to be a noodge.

I like science fiction anthology comics. Between STRANGE ADVENTURES and MYSTERY IN SPACE--I'd take MYSTERY IN SPACE, just because I like the name and that title had a few more recurring features that I liked. Also MYSTERY IN SPACE stuck with science fiction throughout its run (although it's arguable whether Hawkman was a true science fiction feature); while STRANGE ADVENTURES did veer off into other genres.

The other titles can take care of themselves. Seems to me D.C. keeps tossing those other titles around--even if they don't keep them as ongoings.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    WORLD'S FINEST was the home for Superman and Batman adventures. D.C. still publishes Superman/Batman team-ups--they just never bother to put them under the WORLD'S FINEST umbrella--for what reason, as far as I can tell, it's just to be a noodge.
    To be fair that batman wasn't this much of buzz kill and that superman wasn't soft and complacent. Maybe, dc thought it was underselling other teams. I mean, if you have a world's finest why would you need justice league. I mean, that would be the meaning of selling superman/batman teamups as world's finest.

Mighty Member

I picked...

Green Lantern - because I like Alan Scott
    All Flash - because I like Jay Garrick
    All Star Comics - because we currently don't have a JSA title

More Fun Comics - because I love Dr. Occult but he's hardly ever used
    Leading Comics - because I love the Seven Soldiers of Victory - I'd love to see more of the Shining Knight, plus the golden age Green Arrow and Speedy would be fun to see.

Incredible Member

Green Lantern because Alan Scott, Jade, and Obsidian deserve to have some nice family time

All Star Comics because the more DC denies me JSA the more I want it

All Flash because I want Jay tho if DC turned it into a Flash family title I wouldn't complain

Strange Adventures because DC needs more sci fi that isn't GL

Sensation Comics mainly because I want DC to actually put effort into Diana and her supporting cast and so Donna and Cassie can be somewhere that isn't Titan related

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Isn't Thorn linked to Jay Garrick, not Alan Scott?
    Yeah Thorn was Jay's villain but Thorn is also Jade and Obsidian's mom. Roy Thomas used an unpublished story from Flash 107 (that ended up getting two pages published in Lois 113) to kinda serve as that catalyst, as Alan appeared at the end to take her to Themyscira.

OK I waited a day to actually vote myself. I could easily pick almost all of them but I limited myself to five:

GREEN LANTERN because there should always be a GREEN LANTERN.

As for the rest, I love anthologies! Whatever we have to do to get at least two or three features into a book.

MORE FUN COMICS. This would be a tough sell as a title nowadays but it was DC's first and should therefore exist. We could always just make it MORE FUN COMICS Featuring WHOEVER. Maybe just use it for the more fun characters in DC's stable--Plastic Man, Metal Men, Inferior Five, etc. OR since there is not currently a Green Arrow title, and he was birthed here, let him lead. Back him up with members of his family.

ADVENTURE COMICS. This is DC's second title and also lasted a really long time. I'm open to what goes into it. Maybe rotate B-listers who can't carry their own book.

SENSATION COMICS. As others have stated above, Wonder Woman deserves a second title. Back her up with other Wonder family tales and/or use it as a showplace for other female characters. Vixen could work well here.

STRANGE ADVENTURES. I just love this title. It could lean cosmic (Adam Strange?) or just weird (Spectre?) or both?