Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman 102

Default Batman 102

Thoughts on the issue today. Ghost-Maker seems like Batman superior which is rare considering Bruce made a deal saying that Gotham is his. I dont see why Ghost-Maker targeted Clownhunter first Harley Quinn is literally across the street and a much bigger threat than him. Barbara back as Oracle for a little while I hear that fans like that role for her more than her Batgirl role so its interesting to see it here. But overall its a nice set up issue. I dont have high expectations for Ghost Maker since Batman doesnt allow killing of any kind
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It was ok... Ghostmaker really isn't doing anything for me. I saw a hint of a Batgirls book when Barbara mentioned Steph and Cass, so that's potentially interesting.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Just when I thought things might get better with a back to basics plot that was set up in the last issue we get a cliched anti-Batman who trained with Bruce ... but we never knew about until now.

If you're going to retread an old plot and add nothing substantially new why not just do a new story for one of the previously existing anti-Batmen rather than create a new character who is no different than the others?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-03-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Because then you don't get credited for their appearances in other media
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Bruce has a million long lost secret best friends who trained with him. This is probably the 4th that's been introduced since 2000. It makes sense that they would also take up costumed play

Oh look Clownhunter is going to blow up an entire apartment building to kill Harley. Nope sorry I was willing to give Bruce a break on this one and disagree with Ghostmaker/Oracle but he's right the logic of wanting to kill a criminal like Harley is fine but the lack of care for the people around her makes him a criminal too.

Harley is staying in Gotham for because...
    Seems like all of Tynions new characters exist to try and kill Harley probably why he wants to use her so much
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 11-03-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Bruce has a million long lost secret best friends who trained with him. This is probably the 4th that's been introduced since 2000. It makes sense that they would also take up costumed play
    I know Tommy Elliot (Hush), and even Roman Sionis (Black Mask) have ties to Bruce Wayne as a kid...Who else we got in this "childhood friend who is now evil" trope that happens to Batman so often that they should always go through Bruce's yearbooks to find the villain of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I know Tommy Elliot (Hush), and even Roman Sionis (Black Mask) have ties to Bruce Wayne as a kid...Who else we got in this "childhood friend who is now evil" trope that happens to Batman so often that they should always go through Bruce's yearbooks to find the villain of the day?
    Harvey (Two-Face) and Bruce met as kids, per Snyder, although they didn't know each other's name at the time.

Always Rakzo

I guess after the Joker story and the anti-Batman story, Tynion's next innovative idea will be to replace Bruce with another character (probably one of his pet ones) as Batman only to make him return a few months later.

(Seriously though, what makes this even more pathetic is that there was a goddamn Hush story this same week that was actually much better than this).

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Because then you don't get credited for their appearances in other media
    With such a lack luster start I'm not thinking there will be any media appearances.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I guess after the Joker story and the anti-Batman story, Tynion's next innovative idea will be to replace Bruce with another character (probably one of his pet ones) as Batman only to make him return a few months later.

(Seriously though, what makes this even more pathetic is that there was a goddamn Hush story this same week that was actually much better than this).
    Since I decided to switch to reading Batman in trades after 100 I was not sure what was revealed, but that Hush story made me wonder if Tynion (who wrote some Hush in Batman Eternal) was going to reveal Ghostmaker to actually be Tommy Elliott. I guess not, but I think comics needs more new characters. They don't all need to stick around, they just need to be something each crop of readers can feel is from their era of reading, so hopefully the story works out in the long run.

The first page dialogue was awesome. It made me excited about where tynion was taking things....then the rest of the issue happaned. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good. It swung both ways....

Amazing Member

Clownhunter will be RedX and maybe Ghost maker will have something to do with it

Eh, I actually really ike Ghostmaker. The man is an hypocrite since he kills criminals, but there is also a feeling that he just can't accept any criminal wrongdoing and needs to act on them, in the way he speaks to Clownhunter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Morgan Ducard was also trained by his father Henri Ducard alongside Bruce. He's dead now though.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Morgan Ducard was also trained by his father Henri Ducard alongside Bruce. He's dead now though.