Default REYYYYYYYY! Boyega and Disney have honest conversation.

Good for him. Good to see the bridge hasn't been burned. Maybe in the future he can return to the role.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...sms-went-viral
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hoped he mend fences so he can have a role in the MCU.

That's good that Disney reached out to mend fences with Boyega. He deserves better.

Extraordinary Member

I still say he got to show more of his own range and skill in TFA than any of the new cast members got across all three films.

And I would kill to see some other big name escapist franchise give him the ball.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Finn was a genuinely enjoyable character in Force Awakens, but was done dirty in the next 2 films. Hopefully going forward, Boyega gets better (and more consistent) roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Finn was a genuinely enjoyable character in Force Awakens, but was done dirty in the next 2 films. Hopefully going forward, Boyega gets better (and more consistent) roles.
    Actually Finn was done dirty in the Force Awakens as well. And he was really done dirty in the next two films. I had high hopes for him but they were dashed. Honestly I don't see how they could legitimately bring him back and make him relevant bc they tied his story so close to Rey's. Any time I see him now all I can think of is when is he gonna shout REYYYYYYY! I would love it if someone in the future did decided to create another black prominent character in this star wars realm they will learn from this whole mess and do better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Actually Finn was done dirty in the Force Awakens as well. And he was really done dirty in the next two films. I had high hopes for him but they were dashed. Honestly I don't see how they could legitimately bring him back and make him relevant bc they tied his story so close to Rey's. Any time I see him now all I can think of is when is he gonna shout REYYYYYYY! I would love it if someone in the future did decided to create another black prominent character in this star wars realm they will learn from this whole mess and do better.
    I can see where his TFA story has problems, and there are some parts of it I can’t defend. But I also still think there was something worth investing in TFA that the other films turned into a poisoned pill far beyond TFA’s issues.

Get Finn away from Rey (and more specifically, the absolutely poisonous **** of Reylo that now clings to her), send him as a Jedi acolyte into the Unknown Regions, looking for and rescuing the children stolen by Kylo Ren and others, encountering First Order fanatics he has to put down, recruiting some of his former brothers in arms into freeing themselves from bondage, and becoming a Jedi through his own, rough path.

It’d at least be a start that would do more with the character than anyone not named Lawrence Kasdan or Greg Rucka in the last few years.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP