Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It could be a Batfamily book like his run on Detective Comics.
    That would make a lot of sense for Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    More Bendis fault then anything, it was slow and didn't move harldy anywhere in 20 issues.

It was under 30k by issues 5, seems more people just weren't very interested to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was under 30k by issues 5, seems more people just weren't very interested to begin with.
    That's kind of the market too, to be honest.

That could be fun.

Not a lot of info but, I’ll keep an eye out.

I am praying so hard for this. I loved his Tec run for the most part and I would love to see something else like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I am praying so hard for this. I loved his Tec run for the most part and I would love to see something else like it.
    Which begs the question who is in and who is out? Unless it's a rotating roster, there are probably too many family members for everyone to be involved. That's all assuming the guesses about it being a Bat-Family book are true of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Which begs the question who is in and who is out? Unless it's a rotating roster, there are probably too many family members for everyone to be involved. That's all assuming the guesses about it being a Bat-Family book are true of course.
    I guess it partially depends on who isn't getting their own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I'd love a series that puts all five Robin's together. But I guess whether or not that's possible depends on what's about to happen with Damian.

Alternatively, I'd be fine with Tim starting the Knights back up, maybe with a slightly different roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it partially depends on who isn't getting their own book.
    True, the line-up for the Gotham Knights was initially made-up of (except Batman of course) characters that lacked their own series. Red Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, and Batwoman all lacked a solo when it began. Then Azrael and Batwing were introduced, both also lacked a solo.

It's a question of whether they want a place to put the characters that aren't being used regularly, or whether it would be a place to further expand on the more popular characters. If it's the former, then there's some panel space the less used characters. If it's the latter then it's more panel space for the characters that already have plenty of panel space, but gets them interacting more.

A Batfamily book without the big guns is rather pointless. It’s not really a Batfamily book then. It’s leftovers...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2020 at 04:46 AM.

A Batfamily book without the big guns is rather pointless. It’s not really a Batfamily book then. It’s leftovers...
    On the one hand we hardly ever see the "main" Batfamily really interact anymore. On the other hand, the quality of said interaction when their actually together generally leaves a lot to be desired (especially when it's all the Robins).

And a team book is a good place to put characters who DC are gun-shy about giving their own book (or giving them their own book again) that you don't have with other characters. The line is said to be scaling back anyways so we probably will see some compartmentalizing.

Calling anyone "leftovers" just about sumps up some of the main division among fans regarding the Batfamily in my opinion.

But if the concept of the team book is the Batfamily, then it needs the actual Batfamily. Otherwise its not really a Batfamily book then. Its a Bat themed team book. The main Batfamily members usually has something going on, and the ones that don't are the ones left over. This idea that team books should be halfway home for the less popular characters that are left over and have nowhere else to go has weakened a lot of DC's other teams. If they want another under 15k Outsiders have at it, but otherwise teams still needs proven characters that draw and sell the concept.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-10-2020 at 03:20 PM.

But if the concept of the team book is the Batfamily, then it needs the actual Batfamily. Otherwise its not really a Batfamily book then. Its a Bat themed team book. The main Batfamily members usually has something going on, and the ones that don't are the ones left over. This idea that team books should be halfway home for then less popular characters that are left over and have nowhere else to go has weakened a lot of DC's other teams. If they want another under 15k Outsiders have at it, but otherwise teams still needs proven characters that draw and sell the concept.
    I think the Batfamily is more nuanced than to just count the "usual suspects," and some characters used to be the "usual suspects" more than certain characters are now. The main Batfamily usually have their own books, so I don't really see them needing precedent in a team book aside from a character interaction basis.

I don't think it should be a matter of popularity because that can range so much, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to use recognizable characters in a team book because DC is gun-shy about giving them solo books again and putting them back in limbo doesn't solve anything.

Hill's Outsiders was a bad team book to begin with and that had Batman in it, so proven characters don't seem to matter one way or another in some instances.

But if the concept of the team book is the Batfamily, then it needs the actual Batfamily. Otherwise its not really a Batfamily book then. Its a Bat themed team book.
    No one suggested not using Bat-Family. Signal, Orphan, Spoiler, Azrael, Batwing, Batwoman, Blue Bird etc are all Bat-Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hill's Outsiders was a bad team book to begin with and that had Batman in it, so proven characters don't seem to matter one way or another in some instances.
    I haven't read it, any particular reason it was bad?