Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tynion did a interview on the word baloon podcast last night and was asked about this book. He couldn't reveal much, but did say Jim Gordon will return and play a important role.
    What's Jim doing now, exactly? I don't think he was made commissioner again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's Jim doing now, exactly? I don't think he was made commissioner again.
    We don’t know yet, he appeared in the last few issues of batgirl, but we haven’t seen what he’s up to yet.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We don’t know yet, he appeared in the last few issues of batgirl, but we haven’t seen what he’s up to yet.
    He wants to arrest Batgirl for killing her son right? So he'd be an antagonist, and Batgirl will have to prove... no... wait... that can just be resolved in the next issue... no... wait... the series is canceled... so we're back here again.

Batgirl will have to prove herself innocent, Steph and Cass will help, and they will build the Batgirls right in the middle of the rise of Nakano. The origin of the team of Batgirls in Futures End... I mean State... well, End also have a League of Batgirls... ah screw it they're the same.

Batgirls Eternal!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He wants to arrest Batgirl for killing her son right? So he'd be an antagonist, and Batgirl will have to prove... no... wait... that can just be resolved in the next issue... no... wait... the series is canceled... so we're back here again.

Batgirl will have to prove herself innocent, Steph and Cass will help, and they will build the Batgirls right in the middle of the rise of Nakano. The origin of the team of Batgirls in Futures End... I mean State... well, End also have a League of Batgirls... ah screw it they're the same.

Batgirls Eternal!
    Wasn't that a big plot point already during Gail Simone's run in New 52? I remember because it turned out James Jr. faked his death and was under the supervision of Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Batgirls Eternal!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tynion ignores all of that, including the Jason Bard relationship, although if he does try to play fair with continuity he'll probably quickly deal with or poke fun at that stuff like fans have.

Listened again to Tynion's interview. He said that "comic stores will be very happy"... what do you think this means? A weekly series? An S-tier artist?

He also said that some corners of the internet might be upset. The only thing I can think of is that this new book will be related to the Punchline mini, which means some of the focus will be on Bluebird - a character with a mixed reception overall. If this new book is Gordon centric, it could be a book that doesn't involve the heavier hitters of the bat-family. I can see a Gotham Central without the GCPD type of deal, with Gordon going after Punchline since she falls under the radar of Batman (not sure how though).

Bluebird

Is Bluebird even a strong enough character to carry her own series to the point that she gets top billing?

Well the focus would be on Gordon, like Tynion said. But yes, I think she can be a supporting character just fine. She did so in Batman Eternal and B&R Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Listened again to Tynion's interview. He said that "comic stores will be very happy"... what do you think this means? A weekly series? An S-tier artist?

He also said that some corners of the internet might be upset. The only thing I can think of is that this new book will be related to the Punchline mini, which means some of the focus will be on Bluebird - a character with a mixed reception overall. If this new book is Gordon centric, it could be a book that doesn't involve the heavier hitters of the bat-family. I can see a Gotham Central without the GCPD type of deal, with Gordon going after Punchline since she falls under the radar of Batman (not sure how though).
    I don't know if a series starring Gordon without the Batfamily would make comic stores happy...although considering all the Punchline stuff that sold with retailers, I guess something focused on her would probably go over well.

When we're talking with the internet, it could go any which way .

Yeah... I'm very tripped by the "will make stores happy comment". What does that mean? If it's Gordon centric, what is he doing? Running for mayor against Nakano? In charge of Arkham?? I', really not sure x-x

I only guess a weekly series since it's more comics to sell per week with a bat logo on it - although the reality is I don't know how much the Eternal series' sold consistently to accurately judge wether it would be good for stores or not.

It's one big mystery this bat-book, make sure to find out what it is

spoilers:
    Next Time On Dragonball Z
    end of spoilers

in March.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post

I heard that part too, but didn't know what to make of it either so I didn't note that when I posted it here. And we already know gulliem march is on art so it can't be that. Punchline playing a big role would make sense for why comic stores would be happy, since she sells well.

It's Joker. There's a backup story too, which is Punchline.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman