Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I assume the Montana plot would probably be the equivalent of a filler arc with no real bearing on the story in ASM, since it was just added on after the series overpreformed in sales. We know Mysterio's movie was part of Kindred's plan, I assume that will come back around during Last Remains.

Unfortunately what couldve been, Montana from the Enforcers helping out MJ in Montana from creepy stalker fan.

Yoooo... I know Spencer was making references to JMS' run, but I didn't expect fucking Morlum to come back... When Sin Eater was talking about "something born to hunt them", I expected something wasp related, like Shathra.

Kinda weird he even knows about Morlum, but whatever.

Wonder if Spencer will explain how Morlum is back, while we never saw him being transformed into a baby like the rest of his family in Spider-Geddon, Spidey did say he was gonna bring him to do it, so, is Spencer gonna explain how he escaped that? Or just pretend Spider-Geddon didn't happen?

Not surprising Order of the Web didn't do much, they're just possessed brutes now, was surprised Sin Eater is still around though, thought he'd be dead again after what Kindred did, the green glove from the preview should've been a hint I guess lol.

Seems that MJ wasn't the one recording that video, at least it'd be difficult for it to be her, since she was in the taxi, now she's unconscious and Norman saved her, plus, at the end of the video, we can see they're heading towards a bridge, and MJ was in one when they attacked, so the events are happening in the order we were shown, weird that Norah, or whoever was recording, just happens to have the same bracelets MJ was using lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There is a tremendously ironic but satisfying moment in a way

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn saves MJ from a collapsing bridge. Well done, Spencer.
    end of spoilers
    Hah, didn't even think of that, that's hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if Spencer will explain how Morlum is back, while we never saw him being transformed into a baby like the rest of his family in Spider-Geddon, Spidey did say he was gonna bring him to do it, so, is Spencer gonna explain how he escaped that? Or just pretend Spider-Geddon didn't happen?.
    He was handled by the NYPD. Like, yeah, presumably he did escape. Still odd how that turned out when Peter stated that he didn't want to have "loose ends"

And yeah, we totally got baited that the .LR issues where going to be about the Order....
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 11-04-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Wonder if Spencer will explain how Morlum is back, while we never saw him being transformed into a baby like the rest of his family in Spider-Geddon, Spidey did say he was gonna bring him to do it, so, is Spencer gonna explain how he escaped that? Or just pretend Spider-Geddon didn't happen?
    Morlun wasn't with the other Inheritors. He broke off from the pack because he wanted to hunt Peter Specifically and got taken into custody on Earth.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Morlun wasn't with the other Inheritors. He broke off from the pack because he wanted to hunt Peter Specifically and got taken into custody on Earth.
    Why don't i remember this? I read Spider-Geddon. Who could take him in? He's an Avengers level threat who can hit as hard as the Hulk. Cops can't take him in. He's a force of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    He was handled by the NYPD. Like, yeah, presumably he did escape. Still odd how that turned out when Peter stated that he didn't want to have "loose ends"

And yeah, we totally got baited that the .LR issues where going to be about the Order....
    Well, they're going to be facing off against Sin-Eater, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Why don't i remember this? I read Spider-Geddon. Who could take him in? He's an Avengers level threat who can hit as hard as the Hulk. Cops can't take him in. He's a force of nature.
    It happened all in Peter's tie-in. I think Pete filled him with like Elephant Tranquilizers and took him out.

Amazing Member

It happened all in Peter's tie-in. I think Pete filled him with like Elephant Tranquilizers and took him out.
    That's right. In Central Park. He kicked a bear for some reason. Yeah I thought that made no sense and was another example of Slott ruining Morlun.

That's right. In Central Park. He kicked a bear for some reason. Yeah I thought that made no sense and was another example of Slott ruining Morlun.
    That wasn't Slott; it was Sean Ryan during his three-issue stint on Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man

Yeah I know, it's just weird that Morlum escaped somehow because, at the end of Spidey's tie-in, he was tranquilized, and Spidey told the cops to call Stark to keep him imprisoned:

https://i.imgur.com/8MT4Fsl.png

(Spectacular#313)

And Spider-Geddon#5 even shows that he's in some cage, while probably still filled with tranquilizers:

https://i.imgur.com/VQzu38V.jpg

So yeah, the question is when he managed to escape from this, and it'd have to be at some point before he left Earth too, since traveling around the web of life is more complicated now, or maybe he can travel in some other way, or maybe that's gonna be ignored lol.

Well, if Marvel said it in solicits that Order of Web were gonna do ****, it's unfortunately nothing new for them to lie, Abrahms' Spider-Man comic shows that, it's very disgusting that they do false advertisement like this.

He was tranquilized at the time, and Spidey did tell the cops to call Stark to keep him imprisoned.

Slott didn't write that tie-in, that was Sean Ryan, hell, I'm not even sure Slott was involved in Spider-Geddon as a whole.

And he kicked a bear because he fought Morlum in a zoo, and fell in the bear's cage, and the bear attacked him, and so did Morlum, so yeah, it's silly, but makes sense with the situation.

I don't see that battle as ruining Morlum, hell it's one of the better ones, and the solution Peter found to take him down was cool.

The solicits lying isn't disgusting; it's just incompetence. There's no way this issue was written out/planned out ahead of time, so the marketing team probably got a broad strokes idea of what was going to be in the issue while the creative side finalizes the actual details. Is it bad? Yeah. But I wouldn't say disgusting.

Slott didn't write that tie-in, that was Sean Ryan, hell, I'm not even sure Slott was involved in Spider-Geddon as a whole.
    Yeah, by time Spider-Geddon happened Slott was done with Spider-Man and already over on Iron Man. Pete's fight with Morlun was all relegated to Spectacular Spider-Man, because at that point Spencer run on Amazing had just begun.

I think at most, Slott helped to co-plot Spider-Geddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There is a tremendously ironic but satisfying moment in a way

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn saves MJ from a collapsing bridge. Well done, Spencer.
    end of spoilers
    Just noticed that. Thanks bro.

As for the story, definitely liked it. For me, it redeemmed ASM #51, since I thought Spencer was tossing away the Sin-Eater. Glad to see he's still around.

Liking what I'm reading. Such a sense of odds being stacked against Spidey, but you know he's going to pull through. Question is how.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Fantastic Member

It's hard to say since we havent seen Carter use any powers since #850, but had he maintained any of the Lethal Legions abilities he could go toe to toe with Morlun, Neferia alone was on Morlun's powerset range, let alone the combined strength of Whirlwind, Grey Gargoyle, and Living Laser(who is probably one of the most broken Marvel characters who's powers would be borderline unstoppable if he wasnt constantly being used a henchmen). Theae might've all left when the Sins did but hard to say since it mainly seemed to be Norman related, he was that filled with sin.

Also like, NYC is filled with baddies. With the power set Carter has, not to mention the teleportation, he could easily rack up a new power collection.

I don't want Morlun lose his powers to Sin Eater. I want Morlun go after the Order of the Web himself.