Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Spider-Man 51.LR Spoilers

Wow so Spencer is just taking this book bigger and bigger in terms of scope. Wasn’t expecting the final page at all. Wonder how it all fits together?

Damn won’t be able to get my hands on this book until later today. Hopefully we get a few more OMD teases.

Ha!! This just keeps getting better.

spoilers:
    Overall, this issue didn't do much in terms of driving the plot forward, but I didn't expect it to. We know that Dr. Strange recruited Black Cat to save Spider-Man, and that Mary Jane is still on her press tour for the movie (really wish they included an editor's note about where the events of that story happened).

Also, this issue barely had the Order of the Web, so the solicits lied once again lol Not surprised: I usually don't trust solicits for the most part. But hot dang I did not expect Carter to try and "cleanse" freaking MORLUN!! And why was Morlun in the sewers acting like Vermin? I thought he was in jail?
    end of spoilers

Overall, this was a good issue, though not as much as the last three! But still a solid issue overall!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post

spoilers:
    Overall, this issue didn't do much in terms of driving the plot forward, but I didn't expect it to. We know that Dr. Strange recruited Black Cat to save Spider-Man, and that Mary Jane is still on her press tour for the movie (really wish they included an editor's note about where the events of that story happened).

Also, this issue barely had the Order of the Web, so the solicits lied once again lol Not surprised: I usually don't trust solicits for the most part. But hot dang I did not expect Carter to try and "cleanse" freaking MORLUN!! And why was Morlun in the sewers acting like Vermin? I thought he was in jail?
    end of spoilers

Overall, this was a good issue, though not as much as the last three! But still a solid issue overall!
    Morlun is interesting. Why? It means that almost every bad Spider-Man issue is being referred to in Spencer’s run: Shed, OMD/BND, Sins Past, Silk and The Other ( all we need is Clone Saga and Year One). What do I think happens? One of these stories ( likely OMD or The Other ( or both) get erased ( just like Shed)), and someone has to die. If you go through great Spider-Man stories, death is often prevalent. Amazing Fantasy 15, Death of Jean DeWolffe, Death of Gwen, Kid Who Collected Spider-Man etc.

F#CK!!!! (I really shouted it when I saw the last page)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So why cleanse him?
    Chances are it’s going to go terribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So why cleanse him?
    Chances are it’s going to go terribly wrong.
    Oh heck yes: there's no way this won't backfire.

There is a tremendously ironic but satisfying moment in a way

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn saves MJ from a collapsing bridge. Well done, Spencer.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There is a tremendously ironic but satisfying moment in a way

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn saves MJ from a collapsing bridge. Well done, Spencer.
    end of spoilers
    Lol, yeah, that one make me laugth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    F#CK!!!! (I really shouted it when I saw the last page)
    Mine too, alongside with "Him?! Are you serious?" but i shouldn't be surprised.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Damn! That tease in the astral plane turned out to be alot sooner than I thought, Morlun is back!

Did Sin-Eater lose all the powers he gained when the sins left him? Kinda funny how it seems like Kindred's overconfidence of his plan of forsaking a zealot is now gonna contribute to his undoing.

Seeing the art in this book makes me wish that Federico Vicentini was on the main book like right now. Dang it looks good!

I'm thinking and it really fits. In One More Day there were two facts that were not explained until much later: Peter lost the powers of The Other and Harry Osborn resurrected.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This is just my takeaway, but I guess Spencer is working under the idea that what would've been the second arc of her solo didn't happen and she just now got back to New York for the press tour instead of like she did in issue #6 of her book.

Either that or we assume this is her getting back to New York after all the Montana business.
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Might need to re-read Spider-Geddon.
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"